cwl

Advice required with schools in Mount Eliza

Hi

I hope someone out there can help me.

My family and I are looking to move out to Mount Eliza area,as soon as visas etc granted. I have a 5 year old and a 2 year old.

I have been looking at the schools out there. Penninsula School was my number 1 choice but they have no vacancies. What are peoples opinions to the other state/private schools in the area??

I have seen mentioned before that Kunyung is not a good choice, but what about Mt Eliza North, Mt Eliza primary, St Thomas Moore and Toorak College??

Plus , are there childminders out there for my 2 year old or does everyone use day care - any suggestions for this??

Final Question- Anyone know of a very good gymnastics coach/ academy for my 5 year old.

Thank you in advance for all your help

:hug:

Welcome, sorry you could not get into Peninsula can you go on a waiting list.

Other private schools which are in the area are Woodleigh which is at Baxter very popular school

Woodleigh School

Church schools, Bayside Christian College, Flinders Christian College, Padua Roman Catholic School

Balcombe Grammar School > About Us

Balcombe Gramma is in Mount Martha and quite a few members of poms and Britvics send their children to that school.

Also there is an independent private primary school in Moorooduc which is popular and its in a very nice setting in countryside with fields around it. Penbank Penbank School - Home

State schools can be found on the Find an Early Childhood Service or School

Child care is usually at a centre however the council may be able to provide information on people who look after children in their homes. Mornington Peninsula Shire Intro Page. Some people have nannies.

Gymnastics I cannot help but you should be able to google for athletics and find out this information. We have a strong Little Athletics Association here and its very popular. Takes up Saturday mornings.

Good luck

Petals

:ssign15:taking no prisoners :wink:

Contact Gymnastics Australia, if you have a postcode search option on their site - lots of excellent gymnastics facilities available, hope this helps.

Guest deb2

Hi

We have just moved to Mount Eliza about 3 weeks ago also from the UK. Its tough finding the right schools as you could potentially end up putting your child in an awful one. I know that anxiety..... The ethos here seems to be that the primary schools (state) are really good but when they get to high school to think about educating them privately. A number of people have said this to me both English and Australian and its not until you get here that you find this out. There is another private school called Toorak College as well but it is wise to book a few years in advance if you can for the really good ones as the waiting list is horrendous. You mentioned The Peninsula School - they currently have 150 kids on the 2014 waiting list so certainly not all going to get in. The years that are difficult to get into are normally Grade 5 and Grade 7 as thats when most kids if they are going to make the move privately do so. Our daughter goes to mount eliza north and she settled so quickly even I was surprised as she is quite shy. We viewed the kunyung but it wasn't for us as both charlotte and i really didn't like it. I don't know about any of the others. The private schools here can be quite expensive especially for the really good ones but Mount Eliza is a very nice area and they have absolutely everything on offer here that you could possibly want. We have signed our daughter unto Nippers, Netball, Ballet, private sining lessons (in her school as the teachers come to the schools making it really easy). She wants to do trampolining which we are looking into at present and we are loving the friendliness of everyone around us. Take care and good luck

Debbie

Guest jcanddonna

Hope you dont mind me joining this thread, we have just submitted 457 visa as husbands company opening branch in melbourne, we were looking at Mount Eliza and have a 5 year old, so its great advice about the the schooling.

You never know CWL, we maybe moving there at same time.

We were looking at Mount Eliza, Martha or Mornington. Hubby coming out in April/May to hopefully get house sorted

Guest deb2

Hi

Is driving distance going to be an issue for your husband? Mount Eliza is between 50 min and 1 hr and 10 fro CBD and until the new connecting roads are finished Mt Martha is a fair bit further. Mornington is 10 minutes from us. Its a fantastic location with everything around you and we love it here. My OH used to commute 5 hours a day in the UK so for us we have cut down quite considerably and he is happy to do the journey. When the new road is finished the commute from Mt Martha (which if money is a consideration is a bit cheaper than Mt Eliza but doesn't have as many facilities in it. Mornington is more expensive that Mt Eliza but there is a lot more on as well so take your pick. Mt Eliza has a lovely little shopping village but no big supermarkets etc, for that you have to go into Mornington. I don't know anything about schools other than the ones in Mt Eliza because we did not want OH to travel too much. Hope this helps. Deb2

Guest deb2

Sorry just read my post and it didn't all make sense! The commute will be between 30 and 45 minutes from Mt Martha and CBD depending on which of the locals u listen too :)