!Urgent!

Guest Ojay

I just received my two week notice from my job, no more than a few weeks after becoming eligible for residency via my 457 sponsorship visa.

Basically, I have an application for residency filled out and ready to roll... what should I do? I obviously can't lodge it now can I?

I fear after everything, nearly 5 years of trying fro residency, I've missed out by a matter of weeks... :eek:

Advice anyone??

Thanks for getting back to me, I'm in a bit of shock to be honest!

I spoke to Immigration and they basically said that a PR application takes about 6-8 months to process so even if I did lodge it they would obviously find out in that time frame.

If I can find another sponsor I can work for 12 months before being eligible again. That said I work as a web designer where the base sponsorship rate is considerably more than normal. With a few more GFC ripples on the horizon and after a search on Seek I'm not fancying my chances at the moment. Bugger.

I've been with my Australian GF for 4 years now so am well eligible for a defacto visa, but with the short time frames involved (2 weeks notice + 2 weeks before they kick you out) I'm wondering if I can get it all done. The application would just have to be lodged wouldn't it? Then I would move on to a bridging visa when my current one expires?

what a day...

Guest Jamie Smith

With your hopes and relationship at stake, I wouldn't keep asking for or rely on anonymous online advice.

GO AND GET SOME PROPER ADVICE! :yes:

Yeah I know an agent in WA and his advice was, get on that defacto visa asap.

If anyone knows a good agent please feel free to share details... I did have a look on the site but the only relevant section I found was throwing up some php errors.

Cheers!

*EDIT*

Found via the search a good few results re agents... Go Matilda seem highly recommended? I will give them a shout in the morrow. Until then...