and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Guest Clairey b

Visiting the UK....do i need a RRV?

Guest Clairey b

Hi everyone,

Am off to the UK next month to visit everybody, and was just chatting to my friend and she seemed to think i may need a RRV? seeing i haven't been here 2 years yet? Hadn't even given anything like that a thought....needless to say i have no clue whether i do or not??!!!

If anyone can let me know one way or the other i would be very grateful....worrying now as i didn't even give it a thought!!!!

Thank you!

Claire x

Guest Guest31881

An RRV is for a resident whos PR visa has expired, normally after 5 yrs, and they need an RRV to return to Australia. If you are still within your visa period you should not need to do anything.

Guest Clairey b

Thats what i thought it was, but then my friend had me in a panic (nasty naughty friend!!!), and i thought i was probably wrong (quite a common occurence!!!!), so thought i best check!!!

Thanks so much....can just look forward to my trip now :)

Claire xx

p.s. any idea...for stopovers in KL and Dubai do you need a visa if i wanted to go out of the airport? Thanks x

Guest GeorgeD

UK (and Aus) passport holders don't need to apply for a visa or fill any forms to enter Dubai...you will granted a 30 day visa at Immigration as you exit the airport. There's no charge for this.

I've had two stopovers in Dubai and done this no probs (although passport control at Dubai takes 1-1.5 hours, so be prepared to stand about in a long queue!

Don't know about KL, never been there.

Ive been to dubai a couple of times and never had more than 15 miins at passport control.. must have been lucky..

Never left the airport at KL, but folk who were not just transitting there seemed to just fill in their landing cards.