Definition of Information and Organisation Professionals nec - ANZSCO 224999

surflen22

Hi there,

Had an interview for a role in Perth and employers seriously considering the 457 route. I just want some guidance that the role will fit the 457 criteria. I THINK it comes under Information & Organisation Professional but would appreciate a second (or third) opinion. The job is Client Administration Manager within a financial services company and the job spec involves the following (list is by no means exhaustive):

- retrieving client information from third parties

- ensuring client database is kept up to date with relevant information

- liaising with financial planners to prepare accurate advice documents

- diary scheduling

- assisting with new business & arranging follow ups

- maintaining confidential files & records

- creating training database

- management & filing of confidential correspondence

The salary seems to meet the 457 requirements so its really working out if the job does too!

Thanks! :err:

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi Surflen

I suspect that you have not provided enough information for anybody to be able to answer your question accurately.

As you know, this occupation is described on Page 3 of Schedule 4 of the new SOL:

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/_pdf/sol-schedule4.pdf

The skills assessment authority is Vetassess and although it is not essential to have your skills assessed by Vetassess for an sc 457 visa, would you be able to get through a Vetassess assessment under Group B if you wanted to, please?

Nominating an occupation (General professional occupation) - VETASSESS

In other words, do you have the right academic qualifications and the right sort and amount of work experience to satisfy Vetassess if you wanted to?

Have you studied what ANZSCO says about this occupation, please? If not, ANZSCO is here:

1220.0 - ANZSCO - Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations, First Edition, Revision 1

You really need to start with the Contents page of ANZSCO and hit Group 2 - Professionals. Then you have to swot your way through the sub-links until you get to this one:

1220.0 - ANZSCO - Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations, First Edition, Revision 1

Then you have to be VERY CAREFUL! Some of DIAC's Case Officers can be extremely bloody-minded. Given half a chance, the Jobsworths will look for a way to say that the tasks described by the prospective employer do not add up to anything in 2249 but that the tasks do add up to a significantly more lowly occupation that is not in Schedule 4.

Minister Evans was hell-bent on the idea that if an Aussie could do the job then it ought to be offered to an Aussie and not to a prospective immigrant.

Would the company be planning to use a migration agent to help with the whole thing? Really, it needs somebody other than you to look at the detailed, exhaustive list of tasks that the employer wants done and then to work out where the job sits within the framework of ANZSCO, I reckon. It is impossible to do that from a list of tasks that you say is not exhaustive.

Cheers

Gill

Thanks a million for that - I really appreciate it. I have now spoken to an agent who thinks it may could be a fit under Program & Project Administrator which would make more sense! I've checked the Vetassess requirements for both now and seem to meet them so will wait for the employer to get back to me and then get all the facts and have a proper assessment from an agent.

Thanks once again. :biggrin:

Guest Gollywobbler
Thanks a million for that - I really appreciate it. I have now spoken to an agent who thinks it may could be a fit under Program & Project Administrator which would make more sense! I've checked the Vetassess requirements for both now and seem to meet them so will wait for the employer to get back to me and then get all the facts and have a proper assessment from an agent.

Thanks once again. :biggrin:

Hi Surflen

That sounds like an excellent idea, so very well done to you.

Cheers

Gill

• 1 year later...

Hi, Can you update how was your assessment with VETASSESS, I had almost the same problem with Info and Org NEC, it was failed, then applied under Administration as you mentioned and failed again. I can’t be defined as Import/Export (since it’s management level) and I’m much beyond Export clerk (I have diploma and Bachelor degree and 5y experience) Currently working in Australia (on spouse student visa -573) and worked overseas as Senior Export officer in shipping comp. Any suggestion?

Archived