***Need DeFacto Reassurance***

Guest freckkkles

Guest freckkkles

My partner is currently in Ireland for 5 weeks, his WHV expired and will be coming back out on a holiday visa at the start of November to spend Xmas here.

We will be living together 12 months as of January, our relationship existing a total of 16 months in January (will this look suss that we moved in together so soon?)

Have evidence such as joint bank account, joint lease, phone bills showing contact, photos, receipts of furniture bought for house, electric bill (can only be held in one name, but is payed via my internet banking), joint video shop account, plane tickets and hotel reservations, letter from landlord showing evidence of joint lease/ rent being paid.

Of course we will include stat decs (we're looking at 6 or 7) and a joint statement from us detailing our commitments to each other.

I am only 20 yrs old as his sponsor and working part time.

We meet the criteria of both being of legal marriage age but do you think its frowned upon that we are younger?

As far as im aware we have al required evidence?

Going insane without him here and its only been 2 weeks, surely my frustration is enough to prove commitment to eachother!!!

:arghh:

Guest christinenpete

I didn't think it mattered how old you are, as long as you have enough evidence to back you up, and you've been living as a "married" couple for 12 months. :smile:

having been through the process last year, i can say that they are absolutely anal about the continuous 12 months living together before the application is lodged. if he's been in Ireland you will have to prove also your contact during that time ie emails etc.

It is never advisable to rock up on a tourist visa and THEN submit a de facto visa whilst here, as they see it as lying about your intentions to enter the country.

they will not frown upon your age, but DO be prepared to be asked for an assurance of support if they think you dont' earn enough to keep him. this was 5000 dollars last year, and given you work part time, it seems likely. the sponsor must be an australian citizen and cannot be you. just be prepared! good luck, mine took 5 months to process last year, although i was onshore.

Guest freckkkles
having been through the process last year, i can say that they are absolutely anal about the continuous 12 months living together before the application is lodged. if he's been in Ireland you will have to prove also your contact during that time ie emails etc.

It is never advisable to rock up on a tourist visa and THEN submit a de facto visa whilst here, as they see it as lying about your intentions to enter the country.

they will not frown upon your age, but DO be prepared to be asked for an assurance of support if they think you dont' earn enough to keep him. this was 5000 dollars last year, and given you work part time, it seems likely. the sponsor must be an australian citizen and cannot be you. just be prepared! good luck, mine took 5 months to process last year, although i was onshore.

Thanks for your reply, so they asked for proof of savings of $5000 as extra support? Thats fine if so.

I've also heard of whilst applications are being processed, after 3 months waiting you can declare financial hardship (living on one income, paying rent and all living expenses etc gets hard) and work rights can be granted.

I am an australian citizen and will be applying onshore as well.

His reason for coming out is to spend christmas with me and his family he has here, so really he wont be lying, because that is partly the reason. As far as i've been informed as long as we mention nothing about applying for a visa apon entry/ on the tourist visa application, we should be fine.

We have started collecting proof of contact while he is away now.

arrrrrrrrghhhhhhhhhhhh!

forgive me if i'm wrong, but you aren't the applicant, he is, and will be offshore? i know you fill stuff in to, but he is the applicant. you are the sponsor.

the 'assurance of support' is administered via Centrelink if the dept of immigration think he is likely to be a high risk of needing support ie unskilled. be prepared to have 5000 grand lined up and another aussie citizen who is willing to be interviewed by centrelink.

off shore applications (him being in ireland) are sometimes quicker, sometimes slower, but he DEFINITELY cannot be granted his visa if he's here ie visiting.

i have had quite a few friends and acquaintances have this visa turned down, so you do need to be rigorous. i went with an agent, even though i'd had a baby with an Aussie, as I was just so paranoid about the paperwork!

Guest freckkkles

he will be back in Australia in a few weeks. we will be submitting an onshore application, once this is lodged, he automatically goes onto a bridging visa allowing him to remain in the country until a decision is made on his application.

He is a bricklayer by trade so no doubt work will be attained once a visa is granted, but will have the money as back up.

Yes I am the sponsor, sorry to confuse

Archived