Working Holiday Visa Peeps :)

BritChickx

Guest James Kimmins
Hey all,

Im looking to be out in Australia by the end of november got my visa, booking ticket on weekend really looking forward to it starting off in Katherine to get regional work out the way first as my bf is already out there doing his for a company called area, just looking for any tips or advise for going as trying to get organised.

Cheers

:daydreaming:

Hi, elesmith05.

There's a lot to plan before going from my exprience and a lot I wish I knew 6 weeks ago. If you're looking for work apply for a bank account asap. WestPac have a department in the UK who helped me.

-I was in Sydney and Brisbane; Sydney moreso was very expensive and burned my finances very quickly. Maybe the dollar goes further in Katherine and travelling with you're bf will help with finances!

-You'll need a Tax File Number to work in Australia, you'll be taxed extra without one.

- use Tripadvisor to look for hostels and hotels, I wish I knew about this website sooner.

hope this helps!

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest James Kimmins
But you can't get one until you land in Oz, so don't stress about getting it before you go :biggrin:

:)

Yep good point about the tax number.

Getting the bank account done before you go will save a lot of stress when you're there.

There's Medicare too which you'll need, but don't worry about that until you arrive. Getting the dull details done early cuts the stress I think

Guest elesmith05

Hey,

Thanks for the info, bank account being sorted as part of my visa package, what is medicare and how do u sort that out, tax file number will sort that out as soon as I land ad hopefully should be starting work with the bf within a week of landing as want to get regional work done asap. Any other advise will be travelling alone with a 4hr stop over in sungapore so any help would be great in travelling alone as never done this before. Xx :wink: