Anyone moved their own stuff interstate??? moving from NSW to Perth...

Has anyone moved their own stuff interstate?? My OH and I were trying to work out whether we should drive to Perth from NSW and take some of our own stuff with us maybe in a trailer??? never driven across/around Oz before so am slightly worried LOL. Is it better to just chuck it all in a container and transport it out there??? any help would be appreciated :cool:

cheers :huh:

Hi. Its further than you realise, took my friends 6 weeks intotal.We moved into state 15mths ago, We moved from Melbourne to QLD, with a company called King and Wilson, we moved a Full container and a half plus 2 cars , intotal it cost us $8,000 but for us money well spent, we had our stuff packed up in advance of the removal people comming so all they did was load onto the van and dismantle beds , cars were sent a week early, stayed with a friend one night after removals came and Flew out the folling day.We stayed in an rented apartment for 10days and also my husband started work while i found us a home.To be Honest i found it less streeful moving into state than from the Uk to Oz.Once we had our rental sorted i rang the Removal company to tell them where we wanted our stuff delivered too, they give you 2 weeks storage free of charge hope this helps .I can recomend this company better than the uk firm .

Archived