State Migration Plans and planning levels...

George Lombard

Guest Lankan1
You really should wait for your reassessment to come through, and I'm sure it'll be OK. If you got recognized by ACS as 2231-79 with J2EE specialization, you should have absolutely no problem to be successfully reassessed as Software Engineer, and then you're on SOL 3 and possibly also on a couple of attractive SMPs (e.g. NSW or VIC).

Dear mpogr,

Back in July when I saw ACS allowed free re-assessment I was over whelmed that I could get one of these most wanted ANZSCOs 261313 or 261312. My agent wanted me to wait till the last moment to apply for free re-assessment and I applied 7 days prior to the deadline. Agent asked me to select the ANZSCO code 261399 and he wanted me to be in sch4. But I told him many times those 2 golden ANZSCOs are in both schedule 3 & 4 :goofy::goofy::goofy: I don't know whether its his negligence or what ever, I also not in a position to force him to put 261313 or 261312 because at that time I haven't seen a single out come letter as to approximate whether there's a possibility of getting what you have exactly asked, I think he also didn't know that fact at that time :cry: & said If ACS find the ANZSCO you nominated not matching they reject the application. When time moved on I realized with the posts on many other forums that ACS re-assessment was a joke & they have given any matching code the applicant asked! :arghh:

anyway here I'm waiting with the most hated ANZSCO 261399 by many IT professionals! I hope God will show me some mercy & include this ANZSCO in at least one list!

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dear mpogr,

Back in July when I saw ACS allowed free re-assessment I was over whelmed that I could get one of these most wanted ANZSCOs 261313 or 261312. My agent wanted me to wait till the last moment to apply for free re-assessment and I applied 7 days prior to the deadline. Agent asked me to select the ANZSCO code 261399 and he wanted me to be in sch4. But I told him many times those 2 golden ANZSCOs are in both schedule 3 & 4 :goofy::goofy::goofy: I don't know whether its his negligence or what ever, I also not in a position to force him to put 261313 or 261312 because at that time I haven't seen a single out come letter as to approximate whether there's a possibility of getting what you have exactly asked, I think he also didn't know that fact at that time :cry: & said If ACS find the ANZSCO you nominated not matching they reject the application. When time moved on I realized with the posts on many other forums that ACS re-assessment was a joke & they have given any matching code the applicant asked! :arghh:

anyway here I'm waiting with the most hated ANZSCO 261399 by many IT professionals! I hope God will show me some mercy & include this ANZSCO in at least one list!

Mate, what can I say? Your agent is a complete a$$hole, where did you find him/her? You should ask to refund any penny you paid for his services! That's a colossal screwup!

Anyway, don't despair, it will cost you another ~400 bucks and 4 months of waiting, but do apply for a new assessment. I'm 100% sure the ANZSCO code 261399 won't appear on any SMP, I'm ready to put any amount of money on it. You'll have to do this anyway, every day you're not doing this is just another day wasted.

Hi~Suzanne!

Thank you for your information.

I have logded to DIAC on 30,December,2008.

And I have already got state sponsorship from WA on 03,Sep,2009.

Your means are that my case is included on the 700 to standard of ACT.

Is that right??

Do you think that 700 places will be given a better position after to be released the SMP??

Hi Ivyc10

I think what Gill was saying in her previous post was correct - the 700 places would only be applicable to the ACT and not any other state.

Cheers

Suzanne

Guest Lankan1
Mate, what can I say? Your agent is a complete a$$hole, where did you find him/her? You should ask to refund any penny you paid for his services! That's a colossal screwup!

Anyway, don't despair, it will cost you another ~400 bucks and 4 months of waiting, but do apply for a new assessment. I'm 100% sure the ANZSCO code 261399 won't appear on any SMP, I'm ready to put any amount of money on it. You'll have to do this anyway, every day you're not doing this is just another day wasted.

That's what exactly many IT people say mate, I'm waiting 2 more weeks to see the luck if not exactly going to do what you said! Gill, if you read my previous posts any idea you can give :idea: to this poor fellow!

@Lankan1,

If you really wonder what's the IT demand look like in places like SA, I can tell you this is not where you want to land and start seeking for your first job in Oz. With demand so low and no local experience, you'll have really hard times finding it, and will most probably have to sacrifice a lot in terms of salary. Finding your first job down under will be a challenge anywhere, but at least in VIC and NSW you'll have plenty of opportunities to apply for, so, eventually, you'll find something. The cost of living there is higher, but so are the salaries.

Guest Lankan1
@Lankan1,

If you really wonder what's the IT demand look like in places like SA, I can tell you this is not where you want to land and start seeking for your first job in Oz. With demand so low and no local experience, you'll have really hard times finding it, and will most probably have to sacrifice a lot in terms of salary. Finding your first job down under will be a challenge anywhere, but at least in VIC and NSW you'll have plenty of opportunities to apply for, so, eventually, you'll find something. The cost of living there is higher, but so are the salaries.

I also heard about the difficulty in finding the 1st job. Also given the number of job ADs NSW & VIC seems to have lot of opportunities. How ever these are the real facts people like us see when looking from outside! May of my friends 175 CSL applicants says VIC is the best place for IT people.

:notworthy:

Hi Ivyc10

I think what Gill was saying in her previous post was correct - the 700 places would only be applicable to the ACT and not any other state.

Cheers

I couldn`t get any information from WA.

So,I was just presuming and applying my case to ACT policy.

700 is symbolical figure to applicants of ACT state sponsorship.

I also anticipate that each state will have their own the SMP.

However, they will be able to have the same part.

It was not a serious question.

Thank you Suzanne and Gill~

cheers

On the SMPs it's not clear that every state will be able to participate at the same time.

Victoria has an election on 27 November. If the relevant Victorian minister has not signed the SMP agreement by 2 November then it won't be possible to do so until after the new minister has been sworn in. Unclear too when WA or SA may want to join the process.

Cheers,

George Lombard

Guest dragsterwish
On the SMPs it's not clear that every state will be able to participate at the same time.

Victoria has an election on 27 November. If the relevant Victorian minister has not signed the SMP agreement by 2 November then it won't be possible to do so until after the new minister has been sworn in. Unclear too when WA or SA may want to join the process.

Cheers,

George Lombard

Hi George, tks for the info. Any idea if WA is heading for an election?

Guest VickyMel

Thanks for the info on VIC George - good job I wasn't really (yeah right) getting my hopes up too much.

Elections => time for the new/old guy to settle in => think I will stop hoping for any news until after January then...

:arghh: :arghh: :arghh:

VickyMel

Thanks for the info on VIC George - good job I wasn't really (yeah right) getting my hopes up too much.

Elections => time for the new/old guy to settle in => think I will stop hoping for any news until after January then...

:arghh: :arghh: :arghh:

VickyMel

Thats what i am thinking ... wait ill January :mad:

Guest journeydownunder

Does anyone know if Personnel consultant (recruitment consultant) was on any of the old state lists? I am an advertising manager but it seems that it is almost impossible to get a positive skills assessment on this job title from AIM so I am having to look for more junior alternatives for the purposes of state sponsorship. I have a bachelors degree in business and finance and 8 years sales and management experience so I'm hoping to fit one of the sales/ management/ related job descriptions. I, like many others it seems am having to wait for the SMPs to be released to find out what my future holds and to find out if my skills (under whatever job description) are going to be required anywhere!! There are so many jobs on Seek and Monster in my field SURELY i'll be wanted somewhere!!! I suppose I'm just thinking that if something was on the list before there is a chance it might be there on the new ones and vice versa?! Wishful thinking maybe but just trying to grasp on to whatever straw I can during this painful wait!!!!

BTW this site is awesome! Unfortunately I'm spending more time on it than doing my job at the moment!!!!!!!

Cheers,

George Lombard

Thanks George. I thought they would all go for the same release date to make it fair for all.

Do you think then if 1 state has their SMP signed off before other states, then those who are on the SMP for that state wil go to P2 processing even though other states are waiting for their SMP?

Or, do you think that they could all sign off at different times but have 1 "go live" date for all states at the same time.

Cheers

Claire

Hi~all

I sent an e-mail WA to ask about responsibility of state sponsorship.

I told WA and DIAC that I am feeling that state and DIAC are trying to pass each other all responsibility about state sponsonship.

I received an e-mail from WA.

They told me that

"Your application for State sponsorship from Western Australia was approved and confirmation of your sponsorship was sent to DIAC on 17 September 2009. You are able to track the progress of your visa with DIAC on-line at https://www.ecom.immi.gov.au/inquiry/query/query.do?action=eVisa.

Applicants sponsored by the Government of Western Australia who have applications pending with DIAC will need to wait for the release of the State Migration Plan to determine their processing priority."

So,I think that there will be some advantsges to applicants who have already got sponsorship and logded their application to DIAC.

cheers

Guest Gollywobbler
Hi~all

I told WA and DIAC that I am feeling that state and DIAC are trying to pass each other all responsibility about state sponsonship.

They told me that

"Your application for State sponsorship from Western Australia was approved and confirmation of your sponsorship was sent to DIAC on 17 September 2009. You are able to track the progress of your visa with DIAC on-line at https://www.ecom.immi.gov.au/inquiry/query/query.do?action=eVisa.

Applicants sponsored by the Government of Western Australia who have applications pending with DIAC will need to wait for the release of the State Migration Plan to determine their processing priority."

So,I think that there will be some advantsges to applicants who have already got sponsorship and logded their application to DIAC.

cheers

Hi IvyC

Very well done, hon. You have made some excellent progress.

Cheers

Gill

Hi~all

They told me that

cheers

Hi ivyc10,

thanks for your information.

Hopefully it would be of great assisstace to us who have got the WA sponsorship.

Fingers crossed.

Guest anj1976

the SMP that wont be out anytime before November.. People have been waiting fro it since forever .. almost 5 months now (July-November)

Guest Gollywobbler
We might still be waiting for SMP then :P

Hi Matt

It is early on a Monday morning and I'm irritated just because it is Monday (the day of the week that I hate the most! Monday is the day when I have to face the tasks that I should have dealt with last week except that escaping from those tasks on Friday seemed like a better idea at the time......!)

I'm doubly irritated because of something that Raul Senise (a migration agent whose use name is ABA) has said on another thread. Raul explains things with simplicity, precision and enormous clarity, hence I have a very soft spot for Raul.

He has said that he thinks that several different issues which are currently "grey areas" at the moment won't be resolved until the SMPs have been released and one can see exactly what they say. I hadn't realised that so much of everything to do with GSM visas has become so "grey" until Raul said it - I've assumed that it was just me being thick and/or my not knowing enough to be sure about the answers to some of the questions that people are asking.

The Law is not meant to be "grey" in these ways. The Law is supposed to be about providing certainty, precision and clarity. It is meant to be black & white with no grey, green, blue or any other colour involved. Grrrrr. :mad:

However the gist now seems to be that all of us will just have to remain confused until the wretched SMPs have been published and simply hope that the State Government negotiators have managed to insist that the Federal Government must introduce some proper clarity and precision into everything, instead of the woolly-minded mess that is Chris Evans' own preferred style. That man is so woolly that he should have been born a sheep, frankly.

Cheers

Gill

Archived