State Migration Plans and planning levels...

George Lombard

jools123

People like you and me can only hope that we will get fair treatment and justice ... and to be honest, some time i really feel dis hearted by the negative way of processing but some times i feel v optimistic that May be we will get positive support ... I hope that there are some people in or out of DIAC who can draw the true picture of frustrated migrants ....

Lets hope for the best

musmanasghar i feel your pain:hug:

jools x

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Me too dragsterwish - when I hear any news back I will let everyone know. Incidentally we have been asked by ACT to sent another commitment statement - one that is more brief than the one we sent before. From what I have received from my agent a one liner is not enough to show your commitment but it doesnt need to be 2 pages long either. I guess it is something to bear in mind if people are sending their emails of re-commitment to ACT. We are in the process of changing ours at the moment.

Cheers

Suzanne

Suzanne... I would like to hear back from you regarding your situation and pray that you are through. We seem to have a good group of people sponsored by ACT :biggrin:. I was asked too to send a recommitment and job opportunities available too which I did and I received a 'Thanks' from Julianne O'Brien. I like the fact that ACT has taken the trouble to acknowledge each and everyone's mail, it makes me feel reassured that they value us and that I have made the right decision.

musmanasghar i feel your pain:hug:

jools x

Hi Jools... ACT has 100 off list nominations, I wonder if the amount of off list nominations will be the same for other states or will they be more ? All said, the other states are way bigger (in size) than the ACT. I hope that all applications go through, it is only fair.

Suzanne... I would like to hear back from you regarding your situation and pray that you are through. We seem to have a good group of people sponsored by ACT :biggrin:. I was asked too to send a recommitment and job opportunities available too which I did and I received a 'Thanks' from Julianne O'Brien. I like the fact that ACT has taken the trouble to acknowledge each and everyone's mail, it makes me feel reassured that they value us and that I have made the right decision.

Hi Ozzieland

As soon as I get some more info I will let you know. Our agent was based in Dublin but she has now relocated to Sydney and usually I get a mail the day after I send it - but that wasnt the case this morning so I presume she is gone off to ask the question. We did send her our recommitment statement and the list of jobs but there was complications because some of the jobs had been taken down from seek in a matter of days. However we cant control that and can only send the information that we know on the day! We havent sent our email as yet because we have a couple of queries - although we do have another 13 days to submit it :)

There is certainly a good bunch of people looking at the ACT so fingers crossed for all of us and we get in! We have just sold our house (for personal reasons) so that has just taken up so much time at the moment but we would be ready to move pretty much immediately if we needed to - although the way things are going immediately might be 2 years if these visa processing times continue the way they are!

Initially when we went to visit our agent she did say to us that the ACT really look after their migrants and they seem to have followed through on this from what I have seen.

Any more news I will surely let you know.

Cheers

Suzanne

Guest jigarercivil

hey friend i have one question ....

In u r signature it shows that cv verify on act 8 ma 10 what does it mean?????

Act has called at u r job location or send a mail only to you or etc?????

Or u didnt made cv in correct format so they told u to make it in brief etc.....

Can u explain me?

Hi Jools... ACT has 100 off list nominations, I wonder if the amount of off list nominations will be the same for other states or will they be more ? All said, the other states are way bigger (in size) than the ACT. I hope that all applications go through, it is only fair.

jools123

Lets hope they will not forget the already sponsored applicants ... In my personal opinion ... if some one will not end up on SMP then DIAC must introduce some special processing for people like him/her .. I dont know what DIAC will plan ... There will be 2 types of SS applicants then, who were not on SMP .

1- SS with occupation in SCH-3 and 4 ( obviously Priority 3)

2- SS with Occupation only in SCH-4 (Priority ??????)

People like you and me can only hope that we will get fair treatment and justice ... and to be honest, some time i really feel dis hearted by the negative way of processing but some times i feel v optimistic that May be we will get positive support ... I hope that there are some people in or out of DIAC who can draw the true picture of frustrated migrants ....

Lets hope for the best

Q15 I have been nominated by a state or territory government but my occupation is not listed on a

State Migration Plan. What level of priority processing will my application receive?

If your nominated occupation is not on your state or territory’s State Migration Plan, your application will be

processed on the basis of your nominated occupation. Applicants who have nominated an occupation that is

included in Schedule 3 of the current SOL are in priority processing group 3. An applicant with a nominated

occupation that is included only in Schedule 1 or Schedule 2 of the current SOL is in priority processing

group 4.

Q15 I have been nominated by a state or territory government but my occupation is not listed on a

State Migration Plan. What level of priority processing will my application receive?

If your nominated occupation is not on your state or territory’s State Migration Plan, your application will be

processed on the basis of your nominated occupation. Applicants who have nominated an occupation that is

included in Schedule 3 of the current SOL are in priority processing group 3. An applicant with a nominated

occupation that is included only in Schedule 1 or Schedule 2 of the current SOL is in priority processing

group 4.

cheers for that:wacko:

Guest Lankan1
An off list nomination is one that the state can give to an individual without it being an occupation on the new State Migration Plan

Nominations approved are those who have already been granted SS

Cheers

Suzanne

Will they give off list nominations to ANZSCO codes in SOL schedule 4 which not appeared on SMP?

hey friend i have one question ....

In u r signature it shows that cv verify on act 8 ma 10 what does it mean?????

Act has called at u r job location or send a mail only to you or etc?????

Or u didnt made cv in correct format so they told u to make it in brief etc.....

Can u explain me?

Before you can apply for ACT sponsorship, you have to send them your CV for them to verify your suitability for sponsorship. Only after your CV is verified are you allowed to apply for sponsorship.

Will they give off list nominations to ANZSCO codes in SOL schedule 4 which not appeared on SMP?

Hi Lankan1

I presume that they will but I was of the assumption that an offlist nomination is an occupation that is not on their skills in demand list but they could do with a few of these people anyway. I could be wrong though!

Suzanne

totally agree when i spoke to wa last week they said they were still waiting to hear wether diac would honour people that were already sponsored:notworthy:

Hi~jools 123!

I agree with your opinions.

How many officer who can approve state sponsorship are in each state??

I heard about this info from my friend who has a lot of information of immigration.

Wa has only two officer who can approve state sponsorship.

In my opinion, they might not work enough since they were also waiting to be released SMP.If wa have 2000 quoats, they cannot handle with only two officers until end of financial year unless they will include applicants who have already got sponsorship. Maybe, officers want this more and more.

Also, ACT sent a reconfirm e-mail applicants who have already got their sponsorship.

Why did they do that??unless they will not include applicants that were already sponsored. I think that reconfirm e-amil might have a purpose to count figure of nominated applicants by their state. As a result, they could find out concretely figure that is 700.

I have got sponsorship from WA on 03/09/2009.I am still waiting.

I hope that all ss sponsored people will be included on the SMP.

cheers

Hi Guys

I heard back from my agent this morning as regards the numbers of SS for the act:

"The 700 approved are the cases lodged to DIAC awaiting processing. Yours is approved but falls into the additional 950"

This basically means that anyone who has their SS from ACT but who has NOT lodged their visa application does NOT fall into the 700 places that have already been approved. Not good news for us but for all you guys who have lodged already you should be in a better position providing your occupation is on the SMP.

Cheers

Suzanne

Guest kittymeow

I sent email to WA few days go and gotten response as below:

1) What is the chances of my skill to be in WA State Migration Plan? UNABLE TO COMMENT AS WE HAVE NOT YET SEEN A FINAL COPY OF THE PLAN

2) How long more does it take to finalize the State Migration Plan?

WE EXPECT THE PLAN TO BE AVAILABLE BY THE END OF OCTOBER 2010

3) What's the step to be taken for those who already granted with state sponsorship but their occupation isn't in State Migration Plan?

PLEASE CONTACT DIAC

It's another 2 weeks of waiting coming to the end of Oct. We are one step closer to SMP after so many months of waiting..:heart_head_crying_t

Thanks for posting that, what occupation have you applied under? We too are waiting anxiously we are wa ss for an off list

Occupation. Project/programme administrator. It has been on both lists of demand occupation wa have produced this year and in top 10 need till 2017 so hope we are on the smp!

Another 2 weeks being obsessed with pio!

I sent email to WA few days go and gotten response as below:

1) What is the chances of my skill to be in WA State Migration Plan? UNABLE TO COMMENT AS WE HAVE NOT YET SEEN A FINAL COPY OF THE PLAN

2) How long more does it take to finalize the State Migration Plan?

WE EXPECT THE PLAN TO BE AVAILABLE BY THE END OF OCTOBER 2010

3) What's the step to be taken for those who already granted with state sponsorship but their occupation isn't in State Migration Plan?

PLEASE CONTACT DIAC

It's another 2 weeks of waiting coming to the end of Oct. We are one step closer to SMP after so many months of waiting..:heart_head_crying_t

Thaks for posting the replies!

Question 3! Mmmm well on other words if your not on the smp list don't blame us!

I think there is a chance of a huge shock on the horizon.

Guest kittymeow
Thanks for posting that, what occupation have you applied under? We too are waiting anxiously we are wa ss for an off list

Occupation. Project/programme administrator. It has been on both lists of demand occupation wa have produced this year and in top 10 need till 2017 so hope we are on the smp!

Another 2 weeks being obsessed with pio!

I am electronics engineer. Though our agent mentioned it's having a good chance to be in SMP. We better not take things for granted but accept whatever decision made by god (or DIAC in this case:tongue:) with open heart.

Thaks for posting the replies!

Question 3! Mmmm well on other words if your not on the smp list don't blame us!

I think there is a chance of a huge shock on the horizon.

I agree Jodie, there's so much of nothing being said I bet not all occupations that have been sponsored will be on there! I wonder if those of us that had to pay for ss will get our money back if not on smp? As essentially we would have paid for nothing! I think the last 2 years have aged me, I hope it's only 2 more weeks as I am going slowly mad!

I agree Jodie, there's so much of nothing being said I bet not all occupations that have been sponsored will be on there! I wonder if those of us that had to pay for ss will get our money back if not on smp? As essentially we would have paid for nothing! I think the last 2 years have aged me, I hope it's only 2 more weeks as I am going slowly mad!

I agree with you 100%. Not all those with SS will be on there.

Hi Guys

I heard back from my agent this morning as regards the numbers of SS for the act:

"The 700 approved are the cases lodged to DIAC awaiting processing. Yours is approved but falls into the additional 950"

This basically means that anyone who has their SS from ACT but who has NOT lodged their visa application does NOT fall into the 700 places that have already been approved. Not good news for us but for all you guys who have lodged already you should be in a better position providing your occupation is on the SMP.

Cheers

Suzanne

Hi~Suzanne!

Thank you for your information.

I have logded to DIAC on 30,December,2008.

And I have already got state sponsorship from WA on 03,Sep,2009.

Your means are that my case is included on the 700 to standard of ACT.

Is that right??

Do you think that 700 places will be given a better position after to be released the SMP??

Guest Gollywobbler
Hi~Suzanne!

Thank you for your information.

I have logded to DIAC on 30,December,2008.

And I have already got state sponsorship from WA on 03,Sep,2009.

Your means are that my case is included on the 700 to standard of ACT.

Is that right??

Do you think that 700 places will be given a better position after to be released the SMP??

Hi Ivyc

I don't think that anything that the ACT are saying either could be or should be imputed to any State except for the ACT, hon.

For ages, the ACT have operated a "traffic light" system plus twp different lists. These have spelt out that the ACT have always restricted the numbers of people that they are prepared to sponsor for each occupations and with many of the occupations, they have gone to considerable trouble to compare the prospective applicant's CV with the sorts of role-profiles that employers in the ACT have been saying that they want.

Some of the other States have been much less specific in the early stages. SA, for instance, used to take the line that they were interested in the particular person, not his/her occupation, specifically.

Thus it came about that a British friend of mine did something involving computers for schools for his living in the UK . Apparently his paper-qualifications were the equivalent of AQF IV. Building Associate Professional nec (or something very similar) only required an AQF IV instead of an AQF Diploma. A clever migration agent knew about all this and my friend was determined to head for Adelaide. He had spent some time there on a WH visa a couple of years earlier. SA sponsored him under the Building Bod occupation which was on SA's List for sc 475 visas. The sc 475 visa was duly granted in 2009 and the guy has moved to Adelaide, where he is now doing something with computers again, as planned.

DIAC blocked that idea several months ago now but it was suggested to Kellyjamie by another migration agent, late in 2009, just before the idea was blocked. The second migration agent (hoping for instructions from Kellyjamie) wanted to call Jamie an Interior Decorator in order to get sponsorship from SA. The idea was inherently ridiculous because Jamie's real occupation is that he is a Youth Worker - that is what he does for a living and his specific qualification is an AQF Diploma that is relevant to his actual job. The only homes where Jamie might have had some involvement in Interior Decoration have been his own homes only - where Kelly might have chosen everything and done nothing more than give Jamie the paint-brush and roller to wield by himself!

DIAC know that the different States have had different approaches and different policies in recent years. Many of the visa applicants sponsored by the various States have made GSM visa applications that are caught up in the backlog.

Therefore I don't believe that one can "map across" from what the ACT are saying to the situation for an applicant who is not sponsored by the ACT.

Cheers

Gill

Guest Lankan1
Hi Ivyc

I don't think that anything that the ACT are saying either could be or should be imputed to any State except for the ACT, hon.

For ages, the ACT have operated a "traffic light" system plus twp different lists. These have spelt out that the ACT have always restricted the numbers of people that they are prepared to sponsor for each occupations and with many of the occupations, they have gone to considerable trouble to compare the prospective applicant's CV with the sorts of role-profiles that employers in the ACT have been saying that they want.

Some of the other States have been much less specific in the early stages. SA, for instance, used to take the line that they were interested in the particular person, not his/her occupation, specifically.

Thus it came about that a British friend of mine did something involving computers for schools for his living in the UK . Apparently his paper-qualifications were the equivalent of AQF IV. Building Associate Professional nec (or something very similar) only required an AQF IV instead of an AQF Diploma. A clever migration agent knew about all this and my friend was determined to head for Adelaide. He had spent some time there on a WH visa a couple of years earlier. SA sponsored him under the Building Bod occupation which was on SA's List for sc 475 visas. The sc 475 visa was duly granted in 2009 and the guy has moved to Adelaide, where he is now doing something with computers again, as planned.

DIAC blocked that idea several months ago now but it was suggested to Kellyjamie by another migration agent, late in 2009, just before the idea was blocked. The second migration agent (hoping for instructions from Kellyjamie) wanted to call Jamie an Interior Decorator in order to get sponsorship from SA. The idea was inherently ridiculous because Jamie's real occupation is that he is a Youth Worker - that is what he does for a living and his specific qualification is an AQF Diploma that is relevant to his actual job. The only homes where Jamie might have had some involvement in Interior Decoration have been his own homes only - where Kelly might have chosen everything and done nothing more than give Jamie the paint-brush and roller to wield by himself!

DIAC know that the different States have had different approaches and different policies in recent years. Many of the visa applicants sponsored by the various States have made GSM visa applications that are caught up in the backlog.

Therefore I don't believe that one can "map across" from what the ACT are saying to the situation for an applicant who is not sponsored by the ACT.

Cheers

Gill

Dear Gill,

Which means totally neglected purely SOL 4 people like us can have some hope about states like SA??? But I don't see SA as a potential place for IT/ computing people because very low number of such job ADs 30-40 found in seek.com when search from IT/ computing designations. :dull: Under 176 requirements you are bound to stay inside the nominated state for 2 years & it'll be hard for IT people like me to find jobs there :cry: NSW, ACT, VIC, QLD are the best places to hunt IT/ computing jobs!!!

Tx

Guest Gollywobbler
Dear Gill,

Which means totally neglected purely SOL 4 people like us can have some hope about states like SA??? But I don't see SA as a potential place for IT/ computing people because very low number of such job ADs 30-40 found in seek.com when search from IT/ computing designations. :dull: Under 176 requirements you are bound to stay inside the nominated state for 2 years & it'll be hard for IT people like me to find jobs there :cry: NSW, ACT, VIC, QLD are the best places to hunt IT/ computing jobs!!!

Tx

Hi Lankan

There aren't many people on the planet who know less about commercial computer systems than I know. According to the computer friend who I mentioned to Ivy, SA was the fast-growing IT centre in the whole of Australia. One of the reasons why he was so keen to go there is because of SA's emergent status in IT wizardry, apparently.

I suspect that the job-ads would be in the relevant trade journals but I don't know the names of any of the trade rags in the computer-world.

Also, big employers rarely advertise specific job vacancies externally. Externally, they usually say, "We do XYZ and this is our organisation's ethos.... [blah blah.] If you like the sound of us and you think that your CV is good enough for us, then please send us your CV and we'll have a look. If we agree that we think you would be a useful addition to our organisation, we will then contact you...." [pronto, in case one of our competitors nicks you first.]

They don't say the bit in italics but they mean it, all the same!

Cheers

Gill

Dear Gill,

Tx

You really should wait for your reassessment to come through, and I'm sure it'll be OK. If you got recognized by ACS as 2231-79 with J2EE specialization, you should have absolutely no problem to be successfully reassessed as Software Engineer, and then you're on SOL 3 and possibly also on a couple of attractive SMPs (e.g. NSW or VIC).

Guest Lankan1
Hi Lankan

There aren't many people on the planet who know less about commercial computer systes than I know. According to the computer friend who I mentioned to Ivy, SA was the fast-growing IT centre in the whole of Australia. One of the reasons why he was so keen to go there is because of SA's emergent status in IT wizardry, apparently.

I suspect that the job-ads would be in the relevant trade journals but I don't know the names of any of the trade rags in the computer-world.

Also, big employers rarely advertise specific job vacancies externally. Externally, they usually say, "We do XYZ and this is our organisation's ethos.... [blah blah.] If you like the sound of us and you think that your CV is good enough for us, then please send us your CV and we'll have a look. If we agree that we think you would be a useful addition to our organisation, we will then contact you...." [pronto, in case one of our comperitors nicks you first.]

They don't say the bit in italics but they mean it, all the same!

Cheers

Gill

Dear Gill

I really appreciate your knowledge about the region, as a person who looking from outside its a total wonder land for me. I know only about the job ADs posted in those online job sites. It is good to find some realistic information about the actual IT demand in the state.

Regards