State Migration Plans and planning levels...

George Lombard

Guest dragsterwish
And thats the door closong again !!

So our thoughts that all sponsored might get included is not correct and it would only be if the job is on SMP that the approval will continue.

Thanks for the news Suzzanne at least things seem clearer

Hi Shano7, i don't think the door is closing again. The agent said that those 700 are the existingly sponsored ones. This is a new insight. It means all sponsored applicants are already included in the quota to be allocated in the SMP quota.

However, what the agent/state cannot confirmed now is that all those skills would be in the SMP b'coz DIAC haven't approved the SMP yet. So, it could be a case whereby all existing sponsored applicant are already in the SMP & just awaiting DIAC's final sign-off. Thus, there is still hope.

Think positive. :biggrin:

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Lankan1

Once SMPs are out before applying for a particular state is there a way to know whether they have enough quota to proceed ? At themoment I'm praying for SMP lists & wonder people like me get any space in states!!!

Guest dragsterwish
Hi Guys

I got a response from my agent as regards the numbers for ACT on the SMP:

This was the original email:

"The ACT has 1750 places available under the new SMP, of this number 100 will be taken for off list nominations. There are already 700 Nominations approved which will also be deducted from this number. Once the quotas are filled by visa grants it is not yet know what will happen to the applications which have not been finalized in that Financial Year i.e. whether they will be queued and carried forward to the next financial year or capped and ceased"

My agent has advised me that the 700 nominations already approved are those who have been granted SS already and has confirmed that there are an additional 950 places. I asked the question:

" so in affect that means there are 950 places available in the ACT"

and the response I received was:

"Correct, your Nomination is already approved but not lodged to DIAC as we are awaiting the SMPs"

from this I presume as our SS has been approved we are in this 700 already approved category providing our occupation is on the SMP but I better ask the question just to be really clear about this.

Cheers

Suzanne

Hi Suzanne, this is what i understand from your agent:

ACT's Total SMP visa quota = 1750. This comprises:

1) 100 Off-list nomination. (skills not found in Sch 3 & 4. Not sure if ACT has already met this quota)

2) 700 approved nominations. (i.e. State Sponsored already approved & granted by ACT, including yours. Whether this includes those already lodged with DIAC is a separate issue as it does not affect the quota figure.)

3) Remaining 950 nominations for the remaining Fy10/11. (i.e. ACT can still grant and approve another 950 applications for State nomination. How ACT decides to grant the remaining nominations could be up to ACT to decide within their economic planning framework.)

Hi Shano7, i don't think the door is closing again. The agent said that those 700 are the existingly sponsored ones. This is a new insight. It means all sponsored applicants are already included in the quota to be allocated in the SMP quota.

However, what the agent/state cannot confirmed now is that all those skills would be in the SMP b'coz DIAC haven't approved the SMP yet. So, it could be a case whereby all existing sponsored applicant are already in the SMP & just awaiting DIAC's final sign-off. Thus, there is still hope.

Think positive. :biggrin:

totally agree when i spoke to wa last week they said they were still waiting to hear wether diac would honour people that were already sponsored:notworthy:

States and DIAC honoring those already with SS, the biggest question is how long will these people be waiting for their visa? Financial year 2010-2011 or 2011-2012?!

Guest dragsterwish
Once SMPs are out before applying for a particular state is there a way to know whether they have enough quota to proceed ? At themoment I'm praying for SMP lists & wonder people like me get any space in states!!!

Hi Lankan1, i think once the SMPs are out, there would be more clarity on the planning level too. And i presume the States would be the ones that could advise applicants on the quota remaining. I do hope that there is some online quota information system for applicants to know the numbers remaining. I recall one of the States have a "traffic light" system to advise applicants if nomination for a particular occupation are still open.

With the doubling of the State Sponsored Visas this year, i'm sure you & many others with the right skills in the SMP would get your needed space in the states!

Cheers!:biggrin:

Guest dragsterwish
States and DIAC honoring those already with SS, the biggest question is how long will these people be waiting for their visa? Financial year 2010-2011 or 2011-2012?!

Let's hope the States have enough quotas to go around and all those with SS will go through this FY2010/11 since the quota has been doubled from 11k to 23k this financial year.

:biggrin:

Hi Suzanne, this is what i understand from your agent:

ACT's Total SMP visa quota = 1750. This comprises:

1) 100 Off-list nomination. (skills not found in Sch 3 & 4. Not sure if ACT has already met this quota)

2) 700 approved nominations. (i.e. State Sponsored already approved & granted by ACT, including yours. Whether this includes those already lodged with DIAC is a separate issue as it does not affect the quota figure.)

3) Remaining 950 nominations for the remaining Fy10/11. (i.e. ACT can still grant and approve another 950 applications for State nomination. How ACT decides to grant the remaining nominations could be up to ACT to decide within their economic planning framework.)

Yes this is exactly how I would interpret it but I have gone back to her on a personal note as we have not yet lodged our visa application so I am unsure as to whether we personally are included in these 700 already approved nominations.

Cheers

Suzanne

Hi guys,

One of my friends has obtaied VIC state sponsorship and he received an email from VIC today.

If your sponsorship application is currently in process, and your occupation is on DIAC's Skilled Occupation List (SOL), your application will be finalised now. This is because these applications are currently receiving Priority 2 processing by DIAC while no State Migration Plan is in place.

I don't know how VIC can determine the priority prior to other states? Has anyone else received the same mail?

Guest dragsterwish
Yes this is exactly how I would interpret it but I have gone back to her on a personal note as we have not yet lodged our visa application so I am unsure as to whether we personally are included in these 700 already approved nominations.

Cheers

Suzanne

Hope yours are included, if this means good news!

Cheers!:wink:

Hope yours are included, if this means good news!

Cheers!:wink:

Me too dragsterwish - when I hear any news back I will let everyone know. Incidentally we have been asked by ACT to sent another commitment statement - one that is more brief than the one we sent before. From what I have received from my agent a one liner is not enough to show your commitment but it doesnt need to be 2 pages long either. I guess it is something to bear in mind if people are sending their emails of re-commitment to ACT. We are in the process of changing ours at the moment.

Cheers

Suzanne

Guest amitsoft7

Hi Suzzane

You mean to say that you have been asked on 28th September to reconfirm your commitment of stay in ACT for 2 years or after28th September as well you have been asked to give detail confirmation.When have they asked you to send confirmation.

Regards

Hi Suzzane

You mean to say that you have been asked on 28th September to reconfirm your commitment of stay in ACT for 2 years or after28th September as well you have been asked to give detail confirmation.When have they asked you to send confirmation.

Regards

We got the email to reconfirm our commitment to stay in the ACT for 2 years. This was sent on 28th September. We havent been asked to do it twice (sorry if I confused anyone). We update our commitment statement that we originally sent when we first applied to the ACT. Our agent said to us:

" At this stage what ACT wants is only a brief statement showing that you are still committed to live in the ACT. It doesn’t have to be as long as the previous one. Anything to show you are still 100% committed to the move"

Hope this clarifies it for you.

Cheers

Suzanne

Guest amitsoft7

Thanks Suzanne, Does any one know by when we should get the acknowledgement of our mail from ACT which we have sent to them for re confirming our commitment, might sound funny but some time mails get quarantined in to junk email folder or get bounce back due to size restriction. :)

Thanks Suzanne, Does any one know by when we should get the acknowledgement of our mail from ACT which we have sent to them for re confirming our commitment, might sound funny but some time mails get quarantined in to junk email folder or get bounce back due to size restriction. :)

ACT acknowledged receipt of my email 2 days after I sent.

Guest dragsterwish
Me too dragsterwish - when I hear any news back I will let everyone know. Incidentally we have been asked by ACT to sent another commitment statement - one that is more brief than the one we sent before. From what I have received from my agent a one liner is not enough to show your commitment but it doesnt need to be 2 pages long either. I guess it is something to bear in mind if people are sending their emails of re-commitment to ACT. We are in the process of changing ours at the moment.

Cheers

Suzanne

Thanks Suzanne! That's the beauty of forum. We've 1st-hand info from sources all over the world! ; )

Guest snowy10

On the subject of SMPs, I am currently a Cat 3 (on the SOL) and if my occupation is on the SMP when they are releassed how do DIAC know that my application then becomes a Cat 2 and jumps up the pecking order?

We have applied for a visa off our own backs (no agent) and have not been informed officially of what category we fall into, the info comes from basically what I have read on here and the DIAC website.

Is it just an automatic system that knows your category from the trade code??

Thanks in advance for any responses.

Guest Gollywobbler
totally agree when i spoke to wa last week they said they were still waiting to hear wether diac would honour people that were already sponsored:notworthy:

Hi Jools

I agree with you. What WA want to do and what DIAC might insist that WA does are not necessarily the same thing at all.

I think we have to keep waiting and see what actually happens in the end.

Cheers

Gill

Hi,

Do you mean they would honor people that were already sponsored but the occupations are not on the Smp? Because as I understand from this http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/pdf/gsm-priority-processing-faqs.pdf (Q.17) someone who has already SS and his occupation appears on the Smp will jump automatically to cat.2:goofy:

:hug:

Hi,

Do you mean they would honor people that were already sponsored but the occupations are not on the Smp? Because as I understand from this http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/pdf/gsm-priority-processing-faqs.pdf (Q.17) someone who has already SS and his occupation appears on the Smp will jump automatically to cat.2:goofy:

:hug:

i think in my own opinion that if you are on the new sol and allready sponsored then there is no problem.

the problem lies in the many people that are now off the sol but have had ss for some time, these are the people that i hope each state and diac dont forget about.

but to be honest untill i hear it from the horses mouth(diac) it is all speculation:arghh:

bring out the smps NOW..........

jools x

i think in my own opinion that if you are on the new sol and allready sponsored then there is no problem.

the problem lies in the many people that are now off the sol but have had ss for some time, these are the people that i hope each state and diac dont forget about.

but to be honest untill i hear it from the horses mouth(diac) it is all speculation:arghh:

bring out the smps NOW..........

jools x

jools123

Lets hope they will not forget the already sponsored applicants ... In my personal opinion ... if some one will not end up on SMP then DIAC must introduce some special processing for people like him/her .. I dont know what DIAC will plan ... There will be 2 types of SS applicants then, who were not on SMP .

1- SS with occupation in SCH-3 and 4 ( obviously Priority 3)

2- SS with Occupation only in SCH-4 (Priority ??????)

People like you and me can only hope that we will get fair treatment and justice ... and to be honest, some time i really feel dis hearted by the negative way of processing but some times i feel v optimistic that May be we will get positive support ... I hope that there are some people in or out of DIAC who can draw the true picture of frustrated migrants ....

Lets hope for the best

On the subject of SMPs, I am currently a Cat 3 (on the SOL) and if my occupation is on the SMP when they are releassed how do DIAC know that my application then becomes a Cat 2 and jumps up the pecking order?

We have applied for a visa off our own backs (no agent) and have not been informed officially of what category we fall into, the info comes from basically what I have read on here and the DIAC website.

Is it just an automatic system that knows your category from the trade code??

Thanks in advance for any responses.

Hiya,

I'm going off subject so I hope you don't mind, but basically I noticed you are doing everything without a migration agent like we are & are following the same path. I have started getting the paperwork together for the TRA (plastering) but I'm not sure how strict they are, can you help? I have emailed them a few times but I get generic responses and they still aren't clear. They ask for at least 3 statements from suppliers showing over the last 12 months. Well my husband has a small firm with his father & they get a lot of their materials like plaster from B & Q which they only have normal receipts for without their company name or anything. They have got a couple of suppliers but they are for other skills like wall ties and the damp proofing chemical so is not directly related to plastering. Did you give them exactly what they asked for or is it OK to just do your best as long as you have most of it. The rest of what they ask for shouldnt be a problem like 3 statements from customers it's just the suppliers that's an issue.

Really sorry for the waffle but it's really good to see someone in the same position that's further ahead than us!

Thanks

Cara :unsure:

Unfortunately the Minister did not use his opportunity on Friday to announce the SMPs at the MIA National Conference, but some information about developments is now available.

The starting point is the table of planning levels at Migration Program Statistics - Statistics - Publications, Research & Statistics . There will be 61,700 general skilled migration visa grants in 2010/11. Of these, 23,000 are allocated to state sponsored migration and 35,200 to skilled independent applicants. A further 3,500 people are anticipated under the family sponsored stream.

Talking to states and DIAC people at the conference it seems that the 23,000 planning level on state sponsorship is effectively a cap, ie if they can't reach you in the current program year then it will need to be the next one, or the one after that. This will be made more complex by planning levels for particular occupations in particular state migration plans.

Anecdotally, some states are already highly oversubscribed even though the number of state sponsored visas available has increased dramatically. This may mean that a longer wait is involved for most of those seeking state sponsorship. There are of course already longer waits for everyone else and this form of management may at least allow some sort of orderly progression for all those who fit within DIAC priority groups 1, 2 and 3. Priority groups are explained at http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/pdf/priority-processing-14-july-2010.pdf . For priority group 4, although there is an allocation under the GSM program for family sponsored cases, it's hard to see that the specified allocation will make much of an impact as there are as many as 40,000 applicants in this group.

On the timing of the GSMs it seems that 1 November is a popular choice but there are still those who expect it earlier. DIAC of course can't say anything on this.

More to come I hope.

Cheers,

George Lombard

Hi George, The figures you quoted for the visas is that for all the states, it seems so low...

i hope im wrong but it seems there probaly wont be enough, im currently waiting on WA's SMP to crack on..

When the SMP's are out hopefully in the next few weeks do you see it benig a bun fight and those who can apply online the quickest getting state sponsership...

Cheers Nick:confused: