State Migration Plans and planning levels...

George Lombard

Guest Hopejay

Sorry for my ignorance but can you just confirm what George is saying?

Group 2's look like they will be priority in processing, but do these group 2's also have to wait in order of time of those still waiting since 2008 etc. Do you understand? Or will they be processed from lodgment of July this year.

I hope this makes sense?

Thanks.

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hurrayyyyyyyyyyyyy in all probability it looks like I have made it into the ACT SMP of 2010-11

Below is the Mail I got from ACT

Dear applicant

Thank you for reconfirming your Commitment to Canberra.

We have accepted your reconfirmation and are happy to hear you still have a strong commitment to Canberra and look forward to living in our wonderful city.

Once our State Migration Plan (SMP) is finalised (hopefully in November) the Department of Immigration and Citizenship (DIAC) will process your visa application under priority 2. This means your visa might be granted more quickly and we will hopefully be able to welcome you to Canberra soon. Don’t worry, we will let you know as soon as the SMP is signed off.It will be a cause of celebration for all.

Once you have had your visa granted by DIAC, please let us know by emailing a copy of your visa grant letter and if you know, your expected arrival date in Canberra. We will then send you valuable information, including access to our new Settlement website, the Canberra Information Portal, which you will find useful to prepare for your move to Canberra.

As you might know, we offer a settlement service upon arrival here in Canberra in order to make your move and integration as easy as possible. We know what a big step this is for you and that moving countries can be quite daunting and overwhelming. But remember: we are here to help!

We are looking forward to welcoming you to Canberra soon. We are sure you will enjoy living in our beautiful city and being a part of our multicultural, friendly and unique society.

All the best and good luck with your visa grant

Guest Taylor72
My Occupation is Hotel/Motel Manager , Now I am in category 4 once the SMP is released I will be in category 2.

congratulations sherin !!! light is now at the end of the tunnel for you x

Annette x

Hi MT,

No I think the clear indication is that they'll now start allocating SMPs casesin bulk and with priority - when there are SMP cases - until that capacity is exhausted and then go back to Schedule 3 (ie Priority group 3 cases). Some overlap between Schedule 3 and the SMPs so some state sponsored cases would already have been granted this program year and will come off the totals but overall there will be another complete change of direction.

Cheers,

George Lombard

Hi George,

Thanks for this info. We have lodged a 175 very recently and realise we are in for a long wait but with what you are saying above about them basically putting the 175 visas on hold until they have processed all state migration visas does the visa processing time for 18 - 24 months still apply if everything went smoothly or could it be a lot longer if they got the above route?

Thanks

Archived