Air Conditioning in Mechnanic Worshops

Guest laura_barrett

Guest laura_barrett

Hi

does anyone know if Air Conditioning is in Mechnanic Worshops as my b/f is getting worried??

Many Thanks

Guest angela m

Mine too, if you find out any info, please let me know and Ill do the same.

Thanks

Angela:)

Guest laura_barrett

Thanks for that.

What sort of wages do you think my b/f wld be on hes a light vehicle motor mechanic??

Dont know if every workshop has it but both that my hubby as worked at do,only thing is if your the new boy you may get any outside jobs!!!

Cal x

Do you work in a dealership or repair workshop and is it true the majority of the cars are quite old in comparisson to the UK?:err:

I'm a mechanic myself and trying to find out what to expect....any info would be great.

Pat

Gary works for a private company who service and repair diesels,he said its abit like steping back in time although some of the newer engines are just starting to come in.In general you do find alot of older vehicles about as they last longer due to lack of rust etc,,

feel free to pm us with anymore questions

Cal x

• 2 weeks later...
Guest pete jackson

Hi there pat, Im working in Brisbane at a vw dealership, its abit slower than the uk and the rules set by the vw group arent as strict as the uk which makes it easier, we dont have AC but have alot of doors!! We are looking for good techs at the moment so if you are coming to Brisbane give me a shout as there is a job going for the right person. Pete

Hi there pat, Im working in Brisbane at a vw dealership, its abit slower than the uk and the rules set by the vw group arent as strict as the uk which makes it easier, we dont have AC but have alot of doors!! We are looking for good techs at the moment so if you are coming to Brisbane give me a shout as there is a job going for the right person. Pete

Hi Pete, thanks for the reply...we are flying over to Perth on Saturday (4th Aug) for 3 weeks...we were thinking of Brisbane or Perth and somehow seem to come down on the Perth side for a rekkie!! looking on the job sites there seems to be more jobs for mechanics over your side, but the boss said Perth so....:unsure:

I have been in the trade for 26 years, but came out for the last 3 to try some thing else and wished i had not bothered!!:arghh:

Interesting what people say about the trade over in Oz...sounds quite good compared to the UK.

Thanks again.....Pat

Guest pete jackson

hi there Pat, Your answer to how old the cars are, well same as the Uk at our dealership and most other places as soon as the waranty has runs out they go but we do get a few more older cars in. Anyway if you dont like Perth and decide on brisbane give me an email on pete24inoz@yahoo.co.uk we would proberly have a job for you. Pete

Guest 5immo

sorry to hijack the thead but im was wondering what its like to get a parts advisor job at a main dealer. I got 7 years VW/Audi experience and may look into this line of work when i get over there in a few months

Guest AndyandAlly
hi there Pat, Your answer to how old the cars are, well same as the Uk at our dealership and most other places as soon as the waranty has runs out they go but we do get a few more older cars in. Anyway if you dont like Perth and decide on brisbane give me an email on pete24inoz@yahoo.co.uk we would proberly have a job for you. Pete

Hi Pete,

We are just filling in our TRA's at the moment, Hubby is a Renault Technical Expert /workshop forman/controller/and has even been a service manager (yep dogs body aswell). The company he works for went bust last week, although a new buyer has been found for 19 out of the 47 garages, we still think we will have a better quality of life in oz, so if you here of anyboby out there wanting a RTE/master technician with 21 years experience please let us know. we were hoping to go to Victoria on a stni 136 as there is 5 renault garages and there seems to be quite a few mechanic jobs as this trade is on the skills in demand list.

regards and good luck to all

Ally

Guest pete jackson

Ally, He will easy get a job but renault over here is rare, we are renault and vw but renault is going next week as our company has got fed up with it, We sell about 70 Vw's a month and usually about 2 Renaults, yes thats right!!! And we usually get a least 3 renaults a day turning up on a recovery truck! So renault is out the window! I dont know of any other renault dealers in this area they are really rare so if you can find one and want to live near it then go for it as there are no renault techs out here except the english lads, Pete

Guest pete jackson

A job in parts should be quite easy aswell, we only have 2 parts people running the 5 different garages and brands at our franchise! What part of Aussie are you coming to?? Pete

Guest AndyandAlly
Ally, He will easy get a job but renault over here is rare, we are renault and vw but renault is going next week as our company has got fed up with it, We sell about 70 Vw's a month and usually about 2 Renaults, yes thats right!!! And we usually get a least 3 renaults a day turning up on a recovery truck! So renault is out the window! I dont know of any other renault dealers in this area they are really rare so if you can find one and want to live near it then go for it as there are no renault techs out here except the english lads, Pete

cheers Pete, You have put our minds at rest anyhow!

regards

Ally

Guest 5immo
A job in parts should be quite easy aswell, we only have 2 parts people running the 5 different garages and brands at our franchise! What part of Aussie are you coming to?? Pete

we are going somewhere between Brisbane and Calondra. Not sure yet all depends on where my girlfriend gets a job as she is a scholl teacher:arghh:

Guest pete jackson

Im in springwood, south brisbane, if you need any help with a job if you come down this end just give us a shout mate. Pete

Guest AndyandAlly
Im in springwood, south brisbane, if you need any help with a job if you come down this end just give us a shout mate. Pete

Cheers Pete,

That's really kind of you

Andy

Archived