Decision Ready Checklist

Guest dan28

I ve submitted a DRC to my 885 visa through an agent a of weeks ago, subsequently on line status was changed to application being processed further. Since, there was no update and now I am wondering whether my DRC was rejected.

I asked about this from the AGENT and he said to wait but my question is, if a DRC is rejected would DIAC inform the agent?

Any advice is appreciated.....:err:

I ve submitted a DRC to my 885 visa through an agent a of weeks ago, subsequently on line status was changed to application being processed further. Since, there was no update and now I am wondering whether my DRC was rejected.

I asked about this from the AGENT and he said to wait but my question is, if a DRC is rejected would DIAC inform the agent?

Any advice is appreciated.....

The DRC is assessed before the file is allocated to a case officer. Therefore if your file is being processed further, the DRC has been accepted and allocated.

Lodging a Decision Ready Checklist with the Brisbane Processing Centre DOES NOT guarantee that your application will be finalised within a specific timeframe. It only means that your application will be allocated to a case officer for processing.

The Department has advised that they will allocate applications with Decision Ready Checklist within 10 working days and they have been doing so within this timeframe.

Once allocated, there are many factors which can cause delays with the processing of the application. Issues such as security checks or document verification can potentially delay finalisation by many months.

I can't see how DRC gets rejected. Doesnt make sense. It can take up to 2 months so be patient.

DRC can be rejected if the application is not in fact decision ready.

The DRC is assessed prior to allocation to a case officer and if the application is not decision ready the Agent is notified and asked to re-lodge a DRC when the application IS decision ready.

Guest Gollywobbler
I can't see how DRC gets rejected. Doesnt make sense. It can take up to 2 months so be patient.

Hi User Name

If you read the forums such as Study Connect, it seems that quite a few DRCs have been rejected because DIAC have studied the application and have decided that it is not decison-ready.

Because of the commercial racket that has been started by Registered Migration Agent about these DRCs (aided and abetted by the MIA, who encouraged the start of the racket and now claim that they were "naive") I gather that it is taking some time for DIAC to get around to examining the visa applications where DRCs have been sent.

Apparently the "professional body" was too 'naive' to realise just how unprofessional the MIA and some of its members both are. That is the excuse that I have been hearing from an MIA toady.

Apparently DIAC have threatened RMAs with a "three strikes and you're out" policy about the DRCs but whether DIAC are enforcing that as strictly as they should be enforcing it, I do not know.

Cheers

Gill

There is no way to be sure at lodgement that any visa application is decision-ready.

Hi everyone. I am new to this forum and any advise will really help. I submitted my DRC on 5th oct and was allocated a case officer on 8th oct who further requested information on my husband's overseas qualification for evidence of english. I uploded the document on 11th and my agent emailed my case officer but since then no movement in my status. for documents it says received for all and requested for my husband's english language ability. I am concerned if my processing will be delayed just because additional document was required.

Just to share:

I have lodged my DRC on the 27th of September for Subclass 885. On the 5th of Oct, e-visa status changed to "Application being further processed" not sure if that means whether my DRC has been accepted but going by what ABA has mentioned above, it would very well mean it has been accepted.

btw, there has been no change to my application status from being "Application being further processed" since the 5th of Oct. Waiting.

-Sid.

Guest Lankan1
Hi User Name

If you read the forums such as Study Connect, it seems that quite a few DRCs have been rejected because DIAC have studied the application and have decided that it is not decison-ready.

Because of the commercial racket that has been started by Registered Migration Agent about these DRCs (aided and abetted by the MIA, who encouraged the start of the racket and now claim that they were "naive") I gather that it is taking some time for DIAC to get around to examining the visa applications where DRCs have been sent.

Apparently the "professional body" was too 'naive' to realise just how unprofessional the MIA and some of its members both are. That is the excuse that I have been hearing from an MIA toady.

Apparently DIAC have threatened RMAs with a "three strikes and you're out" policy about the DRCs but whether DIAC are enforcing that as strictly as they should be enforcing it, I do not know.

Cheers

Gill

So only an agent can fill the DRC behalf of a client or client himself fill that ? Sorry if I'm asking something dumb What actually this DRC ?? and only an agent can submit that with their client's documents ?:goofy:

Hi All,

Need help on whether the DRC is applicable to 175/176 - I have completed all my medicals and police checks, should i ask my agent to submit DRC along with any additional information,

Please help!

Regards,

Jshan

Hi All,

Need help on whether the DRC is applicable to 175/176 - I have completed all my medicals and police checks, should i ask my agent to submit DRC along with any additional information,

Please help!

Regards,

Jshan

The DRC is an initiative that only applies to on shore applications processed by the Brisbane Processing Centre.

175/176 applications are off shore applications processed at the Adelaide processing centre and therefore the DRC does not apply.

Hey all,

I did ask my agent by giving him a call, he said he would get more information about this and let me know, in case any one has more information abt DRC with 175/176 let me know.

Regards

Jshan

Thanks Raul, for your information.

I had just hoped that this would work out. Why is Adelaide processing center not implementing the same initiative as Brisbane?

There are many cases in 175/176 where the applicants are in AUS while applying either thru other visa types(eg, 457 etc). Like in my case I have been on 457 in Australia for over 3 years now. I was eligible to apply recently after the twists and turns in policies.

Is there any chance in future that Adelaide will also follow DRC to expedite the matters and see how Brisbane has successfully implemented this initiative.

Regards,

Jshan

Hi All,

Please help!

Regards,

Jshan

Hi,

Only online (not paper as paper application goes to Adelaide), onshore visas of 885, 886, 485, 887, 487 can use DRC. Reason being they are processed by Brisbane processing centre.

http://www.immi.gov.au/contacts/australia/processing-centres/adelaide-skilled.htm

It is currently on trial mode so if meets their expectation, they might roll it out distant future to other subclasses.

Guest Jamie Smith
Why is Adelaide processing center not implementing the same initiative as Brisbane?

I attended a meeting where DIAC were asked this question, the local manager said "they didn't feel the need as they thought processing times were acceptable".

So much for the ideas of continuous improvement and exceeding ones goals rather than just meeting them.

The abuse of the DRC arises as DIAC did not consider imposing restrictions on DRC that they could only be submitted for one's own clients. And did not impose this condition once they started getting more DRCs than anticipated.

It's a good idea let down by a failure to understand and manage market conditions.

Guest Jamie Smith

Well Gill at least someone was trying to sort out the mess. Not all agents are MIA, in fact about half, so do you know excatly if this "rort" was perpetrated by MIA agents. You have a 50/50 chance of being right, and a 50/50 chance of maligning innocent individuals.