Skype Interview Next Week!

surflen22

Totally stunned...had an email ofering a Skype interview next week! Been very upfront about needing sponsorship and it hasn't put them off!

Finally, trawling through Seek.com is paying off!

I hope its a voice and not a video call as I think my 7am face might frighten them off! :biggrin:

Totally stunned...had an email ofering a Skype interview next week! Been very upfront about needing sponsorship and it hasn't put them off!

Finally, trawling through Seek.com is paying off!

I hope its a voice and not a video call as I think my 7am face might frighten them off! :biggrin:

We recently employed a south african using skype....he then turned up and all is well so it is possible...good luck.. :wubclub:

just being curious...what is the job , you are going for?

good luck.

It's an Office Manager's job which is why I'm so surprised that they even responded, let alone set up an interview. The salary meets the sponsorship requirements though so that's one box ticked! Won't get my hopes up too much though just yet.....:unsure:

Guest spongy42

good luck my hubby had 2 telephone interviews a skype interview and a 3 hr psychometric test then was offered the job and sponsorship we are awaiting visa now

x

good luck my hubby had 2 telephone interviews a skype interview and a 3 hr psychometric test then was offered the job and sponsorship we are awaiting visa now

x

Ah...fantastic! Just out of interest, is it a 457 and are you doing the application yourself or using an agent?

Guest spongy42
Ah...fantastic! Just out of interest, is it a 457 and are you doing the application yourself or using an agent?

457 visa his company organised an agent and his company have said once we are over will sponsor pr when we can apply for it

Guest Alexxxxx

oh wow! thank you! there's some hope now haha. My partner is a graphic designer and I'm a legal secretary. There's soooo many jobs going in Melbourne for my partner and he really wants to apply for some but we've been so unsure if we should be honest with them that we are looking for sponsorship. People have told us not to though. We've also been told so many times that they won't interview over skype or over telephone so no point trying and been repeatedly told to just go out on a holiday working visa and get someone to sponsor us when we're there.

We've kinda decided to take people's advice as last resort. We want to apply for stuff about 4/5 months before we go and hopefully something will come up then. But it's great to know that there is a chance we can get sponsorship!

Thank yooouuu again :)

can I ask though, did you put in your covering letter that you are looking for sponsorship?

oh wow! thank you! there's some hope now haha. My partner is a graphic designer and I'm a legal secretary. There's soooo many jobs going in Melbourne for my partner and he really wants to apply for some but we've been so unsure if we should be honest with them that we are looking for sponsorship. People have told us not to though. We've also been told so many times that they won't interview over skype or over telephone so no point trying and been repeatedly told to just go out on a holiday working visa and get someone to sponsor us when we're there.

We've kinda decided to take people's advice as last resort. We want to apply for stuff about 4/5 months before we go and hopefully something will come up then. But it's great to know that there is a chance we can get sponsorship!

Thank yooouuu again :)

can I ask though, did you put in your covering letter that you are looking for sponsorship?

Hi Alex

I didn't mention in my covering letter re sponsorship but as soon as they got in touch they asked what was needed in order for me to work in Australia so I was honest. I thought it would put them off so was amazed when they wanted an interview.

In honesty though, I must have applied for over 200 jobs!! Its not the first response I've had but so far the only one to go to interview.

Do you already have your WHVs? That puts you at such an advantage as you know you will be able to work when you get out there so it really is a case of securing a job, wowing them then persuading them to sponsor you! When I went out on my WHV I did manage to get a job before I went so, again, it can be done. It really is a case of dogged determination and a little bit of luck!

Where in Australia are you hoping to go?

Guest Alexxxxx

Thanks for your response surflen. We haven't got our WHV's yet. We're hoping to go out there in March so will apply for those around Dec/Jan. We will also start applying for jobs around then too and hope something will come up by March. Hopefully something will come up by the time we go.

We are hoping to go to Melbourne. There's loads of jobs there but it's just hoping someone will sponsor us :)

Well I did all my psychometric tests and had another chat this morning - they offered me the position! Waiting on contract coming through then its all systems go to get the 457 application in.

Can't quite believe it - maybe its cos I've been up since 5am! Over the moon!:biggrin:

It's an Office Manager's job which is why I'm so surprised that they even responded, let alone set up an interview. The salary meets the sponsorship requirements though so that's one box ticked! Won't get my hopes up too much though just yet.....:unsure:

Congratulations on finding a sponsor!

I have been looking into getting sponsored as an Office Manager but was unsure if I could. I can't seem to find it on the 457 list. Do you have any links where I could read some more information please?

Congratulations on finding a sponsor!

I have been looking into getting sponsored as an Office Manager but was unsure if I could. I can't seem to find it on the 457 list. Do you have any links where I could read some more information please?

No problem - Office Manager isn't on the 457 list, only the ENSOL so we've been trying to work out which 457 occupation does fit. It seems that it could be either Customer Service Manager or Project or Program Administrator could work. Its really a case of matching up the job specs. The info on both are here and I need to align my CV a little better and ensure it is specific enough.

Project or Program Administrator - ASCO 3292-11

Customer Service Manager - ASCO 3392-11

Hope that helps - good luck.

Well I did all my psychometric tests and had another chat this morning - they offered me the position! Waiting on contract coming through then its all systems go to get the 457 application in.

Can't quite believe it - maybe its cos I've been up since 5am! Over the moon!:biggrin:

That's fantastic, congratulations on your new life!!!! 457 won't take too long if they have sponsored before, I got mine 16 days after appling for it.:wub:

Thank guys! It all still seems like a bit of a dream at the moment. Waiting to get the contract through now but until I'm sitting on the plane I probably won't believe it!

Its quite hard for those around me (who haven't got the goal of getting out there) to really appreciate how much this means to me so the feedback and advice on this forum is really invaluable.

One happy little bunny (and I might even start to relax once I get the contract :biggrin: )

Guest Alexxxxx

Shhhh Surflen I'm so jealous haha! I can't wait to feel what your feeling right now! All the best with the move! Keep us posted!!

Archived