final count down for capped and ceased

electrical guy

Hi Electrical Guy

I had completely forgotten about the Senate Estimates Committee meeting in a few hours time until you revived this thread.

Currently it is about 22:30 in the UK. It is 08:30 in Canberra. Kick off at the Estimates is 09:00 sharp, Canberra time.

I plan to stay up for a while and watch the first part.

Cheers

Gill

Just started watching. Hoping for some interesting nuggets of information!

Guest Gollywobbler
Just started watching. Hoping for some interesting nuggets of information!

Hi Matt

Me too. I've started a new thread about this. Please feel free to add to it.

Metcalfe has dodged one "killer question" so far - the Chair asked him whether DIAC are happy with the idea that the MRT is setting aside over 50% of DIAC's decisions in some some visa classes. Metcalfe said smoothly that he wants to deal with it in "General Questions."

That will buy his henchmen a few hours in which to concoct a story that might convince the Committee, methinks.

Cheers

Gill

Guest Gollywobbler
hi gill

is there any news about 2k7 offshore applicants or indications on future steps

Hi Electrical Guy

The applicants for offshore PR visas were not really mentioned at all during the 7 hours that I spent watching/listening.

However I baled out at about afternoon tea time AEST, with the meeting scheduled to last for at least another 7 hours if necessary.

I'm now waiting for the Hansard of the meeting, which might be ready by Friday this week or early next week.

Cheers

Gill

Guest celalit

Hi Friends,

I am pre-september 2007 applicant (136). So does anybody got his/her refund yet? I have received letter for cap & cease, but as it does not had attachment, I have requested the attachement and no-reply yet. (before a month !!!).

Any advice for me please ?

Thanks

celalit.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest celalit

Thanx for posting. Any incidence of refund or you got for urself ?

they have started the crap refunding , it will be torn up of australia's gentelmen's country ego and fixed a permanent ****t patch

Guest TheStig
i hate the way they are craping peoples lives and not send refund form yet ,i was still hoping there must be some sensible politicians in oz but i was wrong ,with this act politicians gave such a huge shame to australia only for to be remain in power

Sorry to say thins, but blame the Australians for being so stupid for voting in an incompetent government..... AGAIN!!

It could be worse.

Look at the US, they elected George W. twice. :wacko: That's what gives me so much optimism in life in general. If that ' not so bright' person can be a president of US , then surely there is hope for all of us :)

Archived