Which other part of the UK would you consider relocating to?

Guest guest30085

• 2 weeks later...
Guest guest32776

Lived in central London prior to coming to Oz but I don't think I could handle the crowds and the aggressiveness again! Going on the tube when I go home is now a terrifying experience despite the fact I used it everyday for years. My parents moved to the Shetlands - which I absolutely love - beautiful but incredibly cold. I would seriously think of East Scotland or the Shetlands if I went home - otters, whales, seals, puffins and lovely beaches. My OH is a 'Leith' - a descendant from the original family - and he is pretty determined to live in 'his' motherland at some point!

Crumbs - had a long think about this and I must have been converted to Australia. I honestly can't think of anywhere I would actually live in he UK!! Loads of places I would visit including many of those mentioned before, but I couldn't live there permanently - too quiet for me I think. I don't believe in going back to a place you have lived in before, so that discounts Surrey, Nottingham and Cambridge. I would love to transport a few old buildings out here and live amongst them, so maybe an old Yorkshire village?? On second thoughts if I could transport the buildings and a nice pub happened to be in the road - I would be happy as a pig in muck!!

Guest The Ropey HOFF
Say if the chance to emigrate is no longer an option and you did not want to stay in your current immediate area - which part of the UK/Eire would you prefer to be in?

Or for those of you who have returned from Oz/abroad - have you moved to a different area than where you originally lived in the UK/Eire. What are the merits of the new area over where you were previously?

I have travelled to a lot of areas in the UK (mostly through previous jobs or holidays - although all motorways look the same when you are a sales rep :SLEEP:) but have never moved far from where I grew up. I dont think that I will stay here for many more years though and will probably move to another part of the UK if emigration is not an option.

Where are you and where would you rather be if you had to stay in the UK?

Nowhere.

Guest chris955

This place does it for me, Nunney in Somerset. Beautiful old houses, a wonderful river flowing through the village and a great pub.

DSC_00223_resize.jpg

Guest The Ropey HOFF

Sorry i have just thought of a place.......................Gibraltar lol

everywhere else the weathers crap.

Any were as long as i was walking distances to the sea ,i could live anywhere around the Scottish, Walsh ,English, Irish coast line .

In a perfect world it would be cornwall,because the weathers better,so i know jan would love it(as i do),and its just a lovely place,but i think work availability would be a bit iffy.

SO i would have to say the lake district,love the place anyway(esp ambleside/rydal),but there is big towns like preston,blackpool,carlisle for work,REALLY expensive in the lakes itself for property tho,at least in the national park confines anyway.

Archived