Shipping company - crock of poo!!

chickibabes

What a right load of B*ll*cks!!

Moving out to Melbourne on 4th October. Our stuff got packed by the shipping company on 17th August...and is still sat in Leeds in a container!

How frustrating, and when ever I ring them I get made to feel like such a pain in the ass!

I used this company because it had nothing but good reports from PIO members so I got in touch. When the man came out he made it seem like this company was the best thing since sliced bread. Promised us that if we shipped on the 17th August we would definately have it by 1st November which is when we need it for. He said it never takes longer than 12 weeks in total from door to door. Now we are right up the sh!t creek and will be without basic things like cutlery, crockery, towels etc for god knows how long!!

Definately would not recommed this company and wish we had chosen who was originally going to go with - PSS. These guys were even a lot cheaper than who we used, definately proving that you don't always get what you pay for.

My first impression wasn't that good when the packers first turned up with one pen between 3 of them which had just about run out, and they were trying to faintly scribble Melbourne on each box because they have no stickers left in stock!

So stressed at the moment, this is the last thing we need with only 3 days to go before we fly out there.

Wish I could turn back the clock :cry:

By the way, if anyone is interested.... the Queen wears one!!

Just hope to goodness that our stuff gets there in one piece, when it eventually turns up!

Guest guest33730

Moving out to Melbourne on 4th October. Our stuff got packed by the shipping company on 17th August...and is still sat in Leeds in a container!

How frustrating, and when ever I ring them I get made to feel like such a pain in the ass!

I used this company because it had nothing but good reports from PIO members so I got in touch. When the man came out he made it seem like this company was the best thing since sliced bread. Promised us that if we shipped on the 17th August we would definately have it by 1st November which is when we need it for. He said it never takes longer than 12 weeks in total from door to door. Now we are right up the sh!t creek and will be without basic things like cutlery, crockery, towels etc for god knows how long!!

Definately would not recommed this company and wish we had chosen who was originally going to go with - PSS. These guys were even a lot cheaper than who we used, definately proving that you don't always get what you pay for.

My first impression wasn't that good when the packers first turned up with one pen between 3 of them which had just about run out, and they were trying to faintly scribble Melbourne on each box because they have no stickers left in stock!

So stressed at the moment, this is the last thing we need with only 3 days to go before we fly out there.

Just hope to goodness that our stuff gets there in one piece, when it eventually turns up!

Mmmm sorry to hear about your problems - thats the second major complaint about them this week and they have had excellent reviews in the past! (including my own)

hopefully they will sort themselves out soon otherwise I guess they will lose alot of recommendations

Daniel

Guest jason7167

Hi mate we got a quote from C**** and were put off by the sales guy he talked the talk as well. but its a fickle buisness we went with a nice guy and got a problem, Hope you get it sorted soon.

Dont want to put a dampener on things but a friend of mine left 1 month after ourselves. we left in may they left in june their stuff arrived on shore last sunday they still have not got it delivered yet and have been told that they will have to pay extra because they have to deliver up stairs it looks like the same company as yours

they had a shared container so it looks like thats the reason it took so long

hope it goes okay for yourselves

Dont want to put a dampener on things but a friend of mine left 1 month after ourselves. we left in may they left in june their stuff arrived on shore last sunday they still have not got it delivered yet and have been told that they will have to pay extra because they have to deliver up stairs it looks like the same company as yours

they had a shared container so it looks like thats the reason it took so long

hope it goes okay.....

We were going to go with the hat that the queen wears mainly due to the recommendations of others but.................. hmmm now I'm on the phone sorting out quotes from other companies.

We need our stuff in Melbourne by late Jan at the latest, because without a house our kids won't get into the school we want, and I'm not paying rent for an empty house that we can't live in..........

Guest kevinboomer

AAAhhh !!!!......... Shipping Companies , My favourite subject !!!

Lies, extorsion, unhelpfull , uncaring cheating scumbags.

Check out my previous posts !! I cannot bring myself to even talk about those bunch of $%"(&%*!s.

Lets just say " We have your money and worldly posessions, and we will try to squeeze you for as much as we can and couldn't care less if it arrives on time or at all !"

I can sympathise !!!!!

Kev

We had problems with the same company. They weren't the cheapest, and promised that our sole use container would be with us within 12 weeks - important to us with two small children. The packers were okay, but once our things were at sea they wrote to tell us they were charging another £600 or something because we had put more in the container than quoted for. We had actually taken a few big things out (such as a range cooker and a church pew), and only added things like two deckchairs and airing racks, so I have no clue about how they came to that figure. Anyway, hubby phoned to complain and we were told they would look in to it. Heard nothing more, despite ringing and leaving messages. Next thing we know, mother in law has forwarded our Barclaycard bill, they had charged £450 to our card without permission. When we phoned to complain, they weren't interested in talking to us.

16 weeks after we had sent our things, we phoned (and phoned) to find out where they were, but they kept saying it wasn't there. Turned out it had arrived, but they had lost the paperwork (which they accused us of not providing, and only after being shouted at admitted that they had lost it), so I had to provide them with copies so that it could go through quarantine etc.

When we got our things, I sent them a letter explaining that we had received our shipment, but that there were things missing. I listed all of the extra things that they had put on the inventory that we had never put on the container and shouldn't have been there (such as two extra chests of drawers, a rocking chair, two sun loungers, a coat stand) and said that since we had been charged for shipping them I would like to have them. Never got a reply, surprise surprise!

If we ever go back to the UK, I wouldn't touch them with a barge pole. They obviously underquoted to get our business and then bumped up the price once our things were at sea, knowing that there was little we could do about it.

Guest juliemtaylor

really sorry you have been misinformed by them. We used them like loads of others and no probs with dates etc.

Good Luck

Julie x

Well its now over 18 weeks and no sign of our gear. I was told on the phone that they should have docked 2 weeks ago and yet I have had an email from my so called "personel" correspondent, who never answers any of my emails to say that he can confirm that my goods are on water, 18 bloomin weeks and they are just on water WTF!

They have you completely over a barrel, we cant keep ringing its costs too much, they have all our money so we cant refuse to pay, also would they deliberatly drop stuff if we cause too much grief.

For all the people who have a shared container how long did your shipment actually take, according to this ones website between 10 to 12 weeks:arghh:

• 2 weeks later...

we are having problems too... belongings were picked up from uk on 23rd august. we were told in writing it would take approx 7 weeks door to door. We arrived in Sydney on 1st September and were told 2 weeks later that the ship was due to dock on 30th Oct. Today we have been told it will be 2nd Nov, and then expect a further 2 weeks of it being quarantine! very angry :mad:. Am now also concerned about extra charges as our house is up steps - is this in the small print??? Has anyone managed to claim compensation from this company for late delivery? (the one that the queen wears)

The company with the Hat ! Are useless

They came round to quote...wait for it... Without a tape measure !

They did not even gauge the size of our Harley Davidson for the create to be built!

All the lady did was count the boxes and then left.

She really filled us with confidence NOT!

The reason why they are cheaper than others in our opinion is they quote you less cubic feet in total, then when loading tell you have more cubic feet and charge you the difference.

By then it's to late they have you over a barrel !

But hey that's just our opinion.

Really sorry to hear the problems you've had, unbelievable - although maybe not, as it seems many others on this thread have also had awful treatment.

We had quotes from 5 companies and 'the Queen's hat' company came out bottom for us. The salesman who came out to the house (in April) seemed a bit disinterested and getting a quote from them was a joke! Literally, when we finally had an email quote through they put the decimal point in the wrong place and we ended up with a quote in the hundreds rather than the thousands - bargain!!

The final insult came at the end of Aug when they called us to see if we fancied going with them - I told them our stuff was already halfway around the world with another company. Can't believe they took so long to chase the quote!

I feel so bad for you, it is unsettling to be without your things for so long, and added delays are just terrible. We had a good experience with shipping, so I hope you don't mind me writing about it below, it might help others out. I don't want to rub it in though! :wubclub:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the end we went with PSS, they weren't the cheapest, but we had a good feeling about them from the service offered up to that point.

On packing day, 2 very nice and polite guys turned up an hour earlier (waited outside in their van) and rang the door bang on 8am. They worked very hard and had our 4 bed house more or less packed by 1pm, admittedly it was only for a 20ft container (we sold lots) and we had helped out by having everything out in piles ready to be boxed up. But still, they were fast and efficient. On the 2nd day they returned again at 8pm and were done by 10am. We had a bit of a delay waiting for the container itself to arrive on the driveway, but when it did they had it packed and gone in 90 minutes flat.

And that was on the 26th July.

Fast forward to now and we had the container delivered on Oct 5th in Melbourne. It got to the port mid-Sept, did 2 weeks for customs etc and somewhere there was a few days delay as our packing date was based on a delivery date of Oct 1st. But all in all pretty punctual.

At the Aussie end, the delivery was at 9am as promised and took about 5 hours for it all to be unloaded by 2 more helpful and polite guys. PSS are affiliated with Kents at this end.

They brought all the boxes in, tore off the packing paper, we unpacked the boxes we could in that time (mainly kitchen stuff) as they took all the empty boxes and packing paper with them - and there was loads of it!

We had a few breakages, but thankfully nothing of any sentimental value, mainly flatpack furniture and the odd cup. But the insurance covered it and we had an email yesterday confirming they have sent a chq in ££ to my mum to put in our UK account. Not bad really, considering it's been less than 3 weeks since delivery.

Good luck!

We used transpakship & our stuff left the uk around the middle of feb. We then arrived in oz on the 9th of April and our stuff arrived a week later!! We actually had to pay storage fees cuz we weren't in our rental til may. The day we moved into our rental our things were delivered. No issues. And they were really good value for money :-)

Well the update on mine is even worse. The ship that they told me my stuff was on was the wrong one, we have now been passed over to an Aussie company who have informed us of our new ship and the new ETA ..........wait for it...the 2nd of December, into the 6th month after they took it!!! Also they want $120 quarantine inspection fees which we have already paid to the British Company.:arghh::arghh::arghh:

Ou stuff is currently in Cyprus and thats if they have given us the name of the right one this time. I am waiting for a postcard like you get when those garden gnomes go walkabout :biglaugh:

Hi

John Mason or possibly Doree Bonner. We used Mason's- fabulous. Wridgways this side. Also look into Britannia- they use King & Wilson this end who we used to move us within Melbourne - another highly professional company.

Tip- dont try and do it on the cheap get 3 quotes and go with your gut!

Good Hunting!