Timeline for a 175 visa

Guest jpaige09

Guest jpaige09

Hello everybody! I just want to ask how long is the processing time for a 175 visa with this priority processing, i know i've read it somewhre cant find it though. Thanks! SMP's took so long to be release, im considering another option which is 175:) thanks again

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there

My OH is a Carpenter and we submitted our online visa application on the 15th August 2008. On the 24th Septemer 2010 we received a case officer requesting medicals & police checks.

I'm not sure what their processing times are like now but it all slowed down when we applied.

Lisa

OH Carpenter

Hello everybody! I just want to ask how long is the processing time for a 175 visa with this priority processing, i know i've read it somewhre cant find it though. Thanks! SMP's took so long to be release, im considering another option which is 175:) thanks again

Here is the DIAC Client Service Charter, with some guidelines, however, don't build your hopes based on it.

Client Service Charter

According to the expo i went to in August they estimate the following(remember this is not offical)

Cat 2 6 Months - 12 months

Cat 3 12 months - 18 months

Cat 4 3 years - 5 years

• 2 months later...
Guest JK2510
Hi sorry for hijack - but UFO you mention different cats for 175 ..... do you know or anyone else what cat we would be ?- im a cardiac nurse and other half a bricky ?

many thanks

Cat 3. If your on the new sol. :)

Not sure about the current situ; but:

We applied for a 175 in March 2009, got meds etc done in April 2009, IELTS in January 2010 (following rule change) and finally heard from a case officer in the middle of June 2010.

After hearing from the CO, the police checks were done in a week and the visas were granted on 1st July 2010.

We validated our visas in August 2010 as we had to do this pre 31 October 2010 as our meds were out of date, but they extended it since the delay was of their making. However, we couldn't make the whole move at that time as house not sold, notice period too long, etc.

We're moving out in July(ish) 2011.

Guest sivakumar

According to DIAC, all 175 applications made before 1 July 2010 will be finalised by 1 July 2011. On the other hand, the applications made after 1 July 2010 will be finalised in 18months time since the submission.

Note:

Update as on 5/1/2011: Application submitted before 24/01/2009 are being considered by case officers at the moment.

Guest sivakumar
According to the expo i went to in August they estimate the following(remember this is not offical)

Cat 2 6 Months - 12 months

Cat 3 12 months - 18 months

Cat 4 3 years - 5 years

what you have mentioned is correct with small changes

176 - max 6 months

175 - max 18 months (application made after 1 July 2010), however the application submitted before 1 July 2010 will be finalised by 1 July 2011)

Archived