Avalon childcare options

Guest alex260176

Guest alex260176

Hi, we're emigrating in Dec to Avalon/Bilgola in Sydney and I have found the school for my daughter but haven't even looked into the childcare options for my son yet. He turned 3 in May.

He currently goes to pre-school over here and I wanted to know what options are available over there, whether it's kindie or daycare or pre-school?!? Does anyone know of any childcare places in Avalon or Bilgola Plateau that they could recommend? I would be looking for either 2 full days or 4 mornings a week. Thanks

• 3 months later...
Guest alex260176

Hi, YEAH! we're in bilgola and my son is 4 on 9th may. Only got here a week ago so all still new. My daughter starts bilgola school end of the month, haven't got round to sorting anything out for our son yet so would be interested in catching up with you and having a natter. Do you fancy meeting up? I am from the midlands but hubbie is from the eastern suburbs. I thought everyone on here either moved to frenchs forest or manly! Alex

• 8 months later...
Guest Deedaconn

Hi I know this is an old post but I was just wondering if you had any success finding childcare in Avalon/Bilgola. I'm about to move out there in Nov with my hubby and 4 kids (7,5,3 and 1) and I'd love to know how you are getting on.

Many thanks

D

Guest alex260176

Hi,

Yes I did thank you, my 4 year old son is at Billy kids which is for 2-6 year olds and loves it. My daughter started bilgola school in January and I cannot praise it enough, it's fantastic. The good news is Billy kids is opening another room so it can take more children, I would get your kids on the list now, even if you don't take the place, as kindy places are really hard to find round here. There are also 2 ku kindy's in Newport and one in Avalon that have a very good reputation.

We've been here almost 9 months now and I LOVE it. We rent in bilgola on plateau road as we wanted to get my daughter into school (Avalon is one of the biggest schools in nsw 900 pupils and she'd been at a village school in uk so was a real shock to the system!). It's a really nice, small, very village like school, a very friendly community and lots of expats. We thought we'd rent in bilgola and then buy in Avalon but now we've seen what life's like on the plateau we're not going anywhere else!! When are you due over? I would love to show you round and help you settle in. Are you using northern beaches know how by any chance?! As i'd heard from Lesley snell that she was doing some research into the area by us for a client and I just wondered if it was the same people? How did you decide on Avalon/bilgola? My hubby is from Sydney but the eastern suburbs and I refused to go anywhere else in Sydney once I saw Avalon and the northern beaches, much to his displeasure as he's an eastern suburbs chap at heart! But even now he admits it's the best place to bring up kids. Would love to know more, and count me as a friend already when you get over here. Good luck with the move. Alex xx

Archived