do I need a licence for swimming pool construction or air conditioning?

Guest ali2go2qld

Guest ali2go2qld

Hi

I am thinking of going to queensland later this year and thinking of going into the swimming pool industry or air conditioning indusrty,but i was just wondering if I need a licence at all even if I worked under someones supervision for either of these things. I would be glad to hear of someone.

Thanks

Alistair

Hiya

You will find you need a licence to do most things here. A pool for example requires a bobcat to dig the hole, the bobcat requires a licenced driver to operate it. Once the pool is in it requires wiring up, only a licenced electrician can do this. Then the majority of pools have a tiled surrond, to do this you need a tiling licence,,,,,,,,,,,,, hope you are getting my drift,lol.

Air con engineers also need a licence.

Dont let the licence put you off, some can be obtained in a few hours, some a few weeks and others months, it all depends what the licence is for and what qualifications you can proove you already have.

Cal x

There is an association of pool builders and the QBSA. I fyou try their websites they will give you all the requirements of what sort of licence you need. Most pool builders sub-contract the work so they don't need all licences themselves.(ie bobcat, sparky). Good luck

Guest ali2go2qld

thanks guys

So if your a subi you dnt need a licence to work for someone.but would you have to show you have a licence because if no then that means i could just work into a job as a subi with out a licence.Does anyone now sub contract firms for plumbing!

Archived