Australian Police Checks!!!

Guest dannii28

Guest dannii28

Hi guys,

havent been on here for a while as nothing was happening with r 176 so kinda put it to the back of r minds but now we are in a major rush to get meds and police checks in order.

ill start with the background............

applied for 175 changed to 176 april 09! went to oz 2st june 09 on working holiday visa (secretly hoping 176 would been done in that time but the econamy had to go an crash and mess things up for us haha) left oz on 30 may 2010! we then get a phone call on tuesday this wk from r, not so efficent since we paid r balance agent, asking why we havent submitted r meds and police checks???? find out we got a case officer the end of JULY 2010!!!!! this is the first we had heard and we now have 24days to have everything submitted or they DIAC will cancel r application!!!!:arghh:

we have managed to have r meds done, not without drama i must say! the dr was unable to get us up on his e-medical form so he is having to post them to oz!! then we have been asked to get ozzy police checks for the 11months we where there. this is going to cut it VERY VERY close to the 28day deadline?! we have now been told by a friend who went through the visa process, and also spent just under 12months in oz, that these are only required if u spen OVER 12 MONTHS in oz?

we dont know whats right an like metioned visa agent not to hot at the minute, i feel because he isnt getting anything out of helping us anymore??

if anyone could help or point us in the right direction we are in a massive rush to get this sorted and if needed ozzy police checks sent on monday?

very stressed but happy we are at this stage after nearly 2yrs since first applying :biggrin:

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Danni

Was thinking about you the other day and thought I would check out your latest posts to see if you had your visa yet and I have just stumbled across this thread!!!!

Great news you finally have a CO now! Cant believe your agent kept it from you and made you rush at the last minute! That's the trouble when you are on their books for so long and their account has been paid up! Shame on them hey!!! I hope you managed to get your police checks sorted out and meds are all finalised now!

Have you got your visa yet or are you still waiting????

Good luck with it and let me know how you get on!

All the best,

Tasha :wubclub:

Guest dannii28

hi,

well medicals and uk police checks "finalised" woooohoooooo

spoke to agent today an he said all we do now is wait for visa to be granted!!!! OMG cant beleive we are fianlly here. not sure what visa is going to be granted tho 175 (originally applied for) or 176 which we switched to, looks like its gonna be 175?! doesnt really make a huge difference to us tho we have been sponsored by queensland an still plan on gonig there anyway.

dont know how long to expect to wait now?

how are u getting on, any news on ur visa?

dan x

Thats great news... fingers crossed it wont be much longer for you now!

Our situation is the same as ever... waiting patiently!:SLEEP:

Although I have thrown a spanner in the works and am 4 months pregnant. :laugh: I am now trying to work out if its better to wait until baby is born and get him/her added to our application or pay out for a new child visa, which is quite expensive.

There is a new thread running for Cat 3 peeps and from that it would suggest that we may get a CO by December time. We did our meds and they run out in March which is when the baby is due! So not really sure what will happen... just gonna sit tight and ride the storm I think :laugh:.

I just been talking about you guys getting a CO on the Cat 3 thread, as from what we can see people in Sept 2008 have been getting a CO and they are working in date order, so it was strange to hear you got a CO a while back even though your application was lodged later in Dec 2008! Perhaps some CO are working faster than others and we may even hear something before this December!

What a shame you had to leave Oz in May, that must have been a hard decision for you. Whilst you were there though, how did you find the work situation over there? Did QLD suffer lots with the recession? Did your OH get any plastering work? Did you manage to get any work?

Anyway, I am so glad its all falling into place for you. I hope you get the 175 visa... I cant see why they would bother giving you a 176 visa if plastering is not even on the QLD list anymore, hey! Fingers crossed.

Cheers,

Tasha :wubclub:

Archived