Obtained SS -Can I spend my money ?!

reza

Hi

I obtained my SS and showed them 75000 dollars in my bank account and that is real ( not fake)

Now I would like to buy a house in my home land and will be able to gather another 25000 dollars before my 176 visa application is processed

Is that possible ?

Will they ask again for proof of funds in Australia ?

Regards

Hi

I obtained my SS and showed them 75000 dollars in my bank account and that is real ( not fake)

Now I would like to buy a house in my home land and will be able to gather another 25000 dollars before my 176 visa application is processed

Is that possible ?

Regards

I guess you can because some visas take around 2-3 years even if they are SS. You can't possibly keep your Bank Account constant especially since you have to wait for 2-3 years before you could possibly get a visa.

Guest Gollywobbler
Hi

Is that possible ?

Regards

Hi reza

If your visa for Oz is granted within the next 3 months, would you still buy a house in your homeland?

Cheers

Gill

Hi reza

If your visa for Oz is granted within the next 3 months, would you still buy a house in your homeland?

Cheers

Gill

Hi Gill

If DIAC guaranties that my visa is granted in 3 month then I don't buy a house but if it takes 4 month then I cannot do anything for them :wink::laugh:

Regards:hug::notworthy:

I guess you can because some visas take around 2-3 years even if they are SS. You can't possibly keep your Bank Account constant especially since you have to wait for 2-3 years before you could possibly get a visa.

Oooh Ozzieland!!! you are very pessimist, Smp’s still a big chance to have a visa within a year. Let’s pray they will release them very soon.

:hug:

Oooh Ozzieland!!! you are very pessimist, Smp’s still a big chance to have a visa within a year. Let’s pray they will release them very soon.

:hug:

On the contrary... I am an optimist :biggrin: The point that I made is whether the money can be encashed or not, not on the SMPs. If you look at the current scenario, there are many who are waiting for some years, obviously, the money declared at SS time will not be the same to their current Bank Account.

On the contrary... I am an optimist :biggrin: The point that I made is whether the money can be encashed or not, not on the SMPs. If you look at the current scenario, there are many who are waiting for some years, obviously, the money declared at SS time will not be the same to their current Bank Account.

Will I have to show proof of funds to them again ? If yes when will be that ?

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi Ozzieland

I agree with you.

A little over a year ago, the Minister's emphasis was on State sponsored visas and the ASPC were processing them very quickly. All the States were inundated with applications for SS and QLD suddenly produced a requirement that visa applicants must demonstrate that they had cash in the bank.

British visa applicants tend to be asset rich but cash poor. Their net worth tends to be tied up in their houses. Re-mortgaging the houses in order to release the cash required by QLD is no longer easy to do and so forth. I asked on here about how meeting QLD's new requirement might be possible in practice? Apparently the overwhelming evidence is that people tend not to move to Oz for several months after their visas have been granted.

Jamie Smith chipped in. If somebody has sold their house without buying another one, they are likely to have cash in the bank. They are also likely to move to QLD much sooner than a family that has to sell a house in the UK first. Jamie reckoned that QLD's purpose was to find prospective migrants who could move to Oz quickly.

I concluded that Jamie was probably right.

However since then the whole visa game has changed yet again. Now people are looking at lengthy delays before their visas are granted and in many, many cases it is no longer certain that their visas will ever be granted, SS or not.

If it were me, I would not risk my own financial security - my home - for the sake of complying with a whim-driven Australian Government that has proven repeatedly that it changes its mind about Aussie visas every other month. I wouldn't risk becoming one of their victims if it were me. I'd simply walk right away from the Aussie visa process instead.

Cheers

Gill

Guest Gollywobbler
Will I have to show proof of funds to them again ? If yes when will be that ?

Hi reza

It might become necessary to prove the funds again if your occupation turns out to be on QLD's new SMP in due course. I think we will be able to make a better guess once SA produce their new criteria for SS in a few hours' time.

Cheers

Gill

I agree with you on that point,I know what has been happening in DIAC is very frustrating but let's stay positive because 2-3 years of waiting is too much time to someone who is waiting his occupation to be included in the Smp.:notworthy:

I agree with you on that point,I know what has been happening in DIAC is very frustrating but let's stay positive because 2-3 years of waiting is too much time to someone who is waiting his occupation to be included in the Smp.:notworthy:

Thanks for your reply, As you mentioned I am pretty sure that my occupation is in QLD SMP list as I obtained my SS only 3 weeks ago and QLD SDL was already reduced and updated. It only comprises a few occupation which seem to be in their priority list ,

Therefore I feel that Civil Engineers are in their SMP list

Regards:notworthy::hug:

Archived