APHRA and registration.

hellsbells712

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yikes.

I thought I had everything together to send off to AHPRA but after reading these posts now I'm not so sure!!

I have copies (certified by a notary public) of birth cert, marriage cert, passport, driving licence, all school qualifications, university qualification including academic transcript, copy of NMC registration, PVG certificate, signed statement of service from current employer and my CV. Is that enough?!?

I am starting to worry that my CV is nowhere near detailed enough judging by what has been said here. Plus it is not signed by any employers as I didn't see this asked for anywhere on AHPRA information!! I only qualified in September 2011 and so have only had 1 nursing job which I started then and am still doing now. So on my CV other than my current job, all my past experience is mainly office based work - does AHPRA need that signed by previous employers too or is it only relevant nursing experience they want signed?? I moved 150 miles from my hometown so it would be quite a job to try and get all previous employers to sign my CV!!

:confused:It's quite intimidating!! Obviously a lot riding on this and so would like to get it right first time rather than having a lot of back and forward between myself and AHPRA asking for more info!

Help!!:swoon:

Only you have to sign your CV. There had been a requirement for employers to sign the CV but that was changed. So long as your statement of service is signed by your employer (HR/Line manager/Director) that is okay. The main requirement is to meet the standard for Recency of Practice (hours worked within and up to last 5 years).

Yikes.

I thought I had everything together to send off to AHPRA but after reading these posts now I'm not so sure!!

I have copies (certified by a notary public) of birth cert, marriage cert, passport, driving licence, all school qualifications, university qualification including academic transcript, copy of NMC registration, PVG certificate, signed statement of service from current employer and my CV. Is that enough?!?

I am starting to worry that my CV is nowhere near detailed enough judging by what has been said here. Plus it is not signed by any employers as I didn't see this asked for anywhere on AHPRA information!! I only qualified in September 2011 and so have only had 1 nursing job which I started then and am still doing now. So on my CV other than my current job, all my past experience is mainly office based work - does AHPRA need that signed by previous employers too or is it only relevant nursing experience they want signed?? I moved 150 miles from my hometown so it would be quite a job to try and get all previous employers to sign my CV!!

:confused:It's quite intimidating!! Obviously a lot riding on this and so would like to get it right first time rather than having a lot of back and forward between myself and AHPRA asking for more info!

Help!!:swoon:

• 1 year later...

Hi I'm new to pio. I live in Canberra after emigrating with my family in July 2013. We are permanent visa holders 187 and sponsored as a Diploma held room leader educator in a childcare centre. I am also a paediatric nurse but had to get sponsored on my Childcare educator Diploma because in Britain I couldnt get a job as a paed nurse!!!! Anyway, i have applied to AHPRA for registration and sent everything required. It has taken 5 months to date after asking for further evidence etc etc. They have all that's required for my application and they have now told me that they are assessing my qualification and every thing else is fine. i'm now wondering if my Diploma is sufficient because they told me on the phone that there is new regulations in force from January 2014 for international nurses. Has anybody had their Diploma classed as an enrolled nurse and not a registered nurse and has anybody had to do a bridging course? Getting really frustrated now because although my Childcare & education Diploma got us over here, I want to work as a children's nurse! And believe me. i'm not being ungrateful because we waited 6 yrs to come over to Oz.

Archived