APHRA and registration.

hellsbells712

Guest kerriesait

Sara have you sent your application to AHPRA already if not I would strongly reccomend sending it to the Darwin office as they are processing applications in about 6 weeks which is a lot quicker than the other offices.

Good luck with everything

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest moldec1999

The problem with using a different office to where you're actually flying into us that you have to present yourself to your case officer upon arrival..... That's what I was told anyway!

I have spent 3 months getting all the right documents and sitting the ielts test and registered this week- inbetween that Idecided to apply for a job just to see and looks like i might have an offer! I know I shouldnt get too excited as i am sure the next step of getting the registration approved etc and visa might take ages but I am hopeful :)

Hi

I'm in the process of compiling all my docs for registration. Just a quick question - is it better to apply for reg in Oz first then apply for jobs with a view to sponsorship then for PR or to go for the skills assesment first. A lot of jobs insist on Oz reg before applying.

I'm confused

Regards

Rachel

Hi Rachel,

I have just secured a job and found that it was 50/50 on those who would give me an interview without my registration. I was offered a job without my reg being finalised however they then threatened to withdraw the offer as I didn't have my reg. Catch 22 situation. I spoke to ahpra about this and said I was going to loose a job and they registered me by 12.00 noon the next day.

Quicker way to get here is 457, think most hospitals will happily sponsor you for pr once you have worked there a while.

Hope that helps Rachel.

Happy hunting

Hi applied for APHRA 7TH Nov have received an email saying "we seem to be in receipt of all the documentary requirements to complete the assessment of your application form. should we find you are eligible for registration you will be notified" Is this the par were they ask me for more things cheers any advice appreciated.

doesn't sound hopeful don't understand it is means that they looking at it but usually this is the place they ask for more info but don't no if it means they don't need me to send anything else or will they email me again and ask for more info !!!!!!! good luck with getting your stuff together what a headache.

Hi applied for APHRA 7TH Nov have received an email saying "we seem to be in receipt of all the documentary requirements to complete the assessment of your application form. should we find you are eligible for registration you will be notified" Is this the par were they ask me for more things cheers any advice appreciated.

It reads to me that they have ALL the documentation they need to make the decision about your registration, but you need to wait for that decision to be made, how ever long that will take. Good luck and I hope you don't have to wait too long ;0)

It reads to me that they have ALL the documentation they need to make the decision about your registration, but you need to wait for that decision to be made, how ever long that will take. Good luck and I hope you don't have to wait too long ;0)

Thanks lets hope it wont be to long a wait just glad to hear something was just confused as they always ask for things so was dreading that bit. Fingers crossed they dont take to long!!!!

Thanks lets hope it wont be to long a wait just glad to hear something was just confused as they always ask for things so was dreading that bit. Fingers crossed they dont take to long!!!!

I think we automatically think our experience with AHPRA is going to be a negative one as we have read so many negative stories.

I sent mine yesterday and I am expecting them to ask for further documents.

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone in the forum sent certified copies of original O'level and or A' level certificates as proof of English language study??

AHPRA are asking for more evidence of full time English language study as the documentation we originally sent was not dated to their liking. They really are anal about documentation as we also need to provide a full syllabus of hours spent on my O/H's nursing training as a letter from the hospital where she trained is not good enough!!

Trouble with that is we have to rely on the NMC to send it to them, so do not know how long that may take. So far they have taken only 3 months to get to this stage :arghh:

Cheers,

Rich.

The NMC sent my request for nursing course Transcripts (EU Directives) on the 14th March (I know because I contacted them about an ENB course transcript - which they don't have). My request was made to them on the 1st March, on the 8th of March I realised that I had not put APHRA address so I contacted them by email to add this.

9th to 14th is pretty quick in my view. :biggrin: They also told me that APHRA are very used to receiving the EU directives for UK nurses.

Guest Kayleigh88

Hey! I just joined this forum 2 minutes ago to get some info as I feel like giving up :'( Ive been working in A+E in northampton england since i graduated 2 years ago, realised how short life is (and how crap life in england is!) so im trying to get registered with AHPRA!

Leaving england to travel asia in october then plan to fly to perth march 2013, my working holiday visa is pending (Cant believe how much they charge you for your medical!!!) and Im hoping to have everything sorted for my AHPRA application by end of may e.g complete IELTS and get documents certified...

REALLY wanted to be registered as a nurse in oz and with an agency prior to leaving england in october, but thats giving AHPRA 5 months to sort things, readin your comments they sound like a nightmare, do you think its possible in 5 months?!?!

Some have done it in less than 6 weeks, those that have seem to have been really prepared and thought all eventualities/documentation needed for APHRA.

Sara8 and Flumper posted really helpful threads about the documents and I think Sara's went through Adelaide in less than a month.

Read a lot first about what you need, make lists and how you will evidence what they want, get it all together and then read again and double check.

Good luck, you don't need IELTS for APHRA if you have bee educated in English for 5 years/have a UK passport. You do need it for Skilled migration visas. Don't think WHV needs it so double check that too.

Come back and ask loads of questions too :biggrin:

Guest chaddies1

Hi i sent my aphra docs off last sept to NSW i mithered them all the time they eventually have sent mine to queensland as NSW has a backlog, so now i have to send then transcripts of my RGN ( 1987) so obviously no transcripts for then so the NMC sent me a covering letter in 4 days was very impressed also my nurse practitioning transcripts have to be sent too, that came back in a week so i can send them all back well before the deadline 7/5/12!! i am really hoping now it will happen soon.....

its been a long 6 months!! ,my advice is do not send to NSW send to a quieter office!!! Although i sent to NSW because i want to have a choice of where i work!!

Good Luck:biggrin:

Guest rachie27

For my cpd i provided a written summery of every course i did broke down by each year and provided what certificates i could. That was accepted by ahpra. Not sure about the 5 year thing as ive only been qualified 3 years.

For my cpd i provided a written summery of every course i did broke down by each year and provided what certificates i could. That was accepted by ahpra. Not sure about the 5 year thing as ive only been qualified 3 years.

Thank Rachie, I've been qualified 24 years!!!! :rolleyes: I am not sure where to finish the cpd....................:eek:

Archived