how long does shipping houshold goods take ???

Guest kate dodds

Guest kate dodds

just a quick question how long on average does it take to ship all household goods to melbourne???

just deciding if we need to rent furniture when were out there or hold off as we r in fully furnished apartment for the first four weeks, my friend has just informed me hers took ten weeks.

any info would b thanks x

just a quick question how long on average does it take to ship all household goods to melbourne???

just deciding if we need to rent furniture when were out there or hold off as we r in fully furnished apartment for the first four weeks, my friend has just informed me hers took ten weeks.

On average, it takes from 7 to 8 weeks. :smile:

Cheers

B!K3R

Sailing time is about 7 weeks give or take. You then have to add on the time it takes to pack your house (2-3days for a normal house), get to port, wait for the ship. Then at the other end it has to get through quarantine and customs (could be 2-3 weeks but depends on the arrival port), then the removalists will at some point bring it out to your house and unpack.

Our removalists turned up on the 26 July. Our stuff is currently awaiting quarantine inspection in Sydney - that is 9 weeks so far, if that helps. We could wait another 2 weeks for release from customs, then a week to have it delivered (if we have a place to delvier it to). But we are not pushing our relocator to speed things up at the moment.

Cheers.

Ours is in the country awaiting AQIS inspection, due to be delivered to us next Friday. It'll be 10 weeks from when the ship left Felixstowe, 11 weeks from when the container left our house. Part of your negotiations on the price will be how quickly you want it to arrive. Ours took a little longer than some but was cheaper.