Flight Direct from Manchester for Rosie

3 Piccos

Has any one sent or have arranged to send their pet on a flight direct from Manchester to Australia? Golden Arrow who are in Shropshire send animals from Manchester but they have to change at Heathrow. I don't want that extra unloading and loading on to another plane, which will stress her and add extra time to her flight.

Guest SunshineSmile
Has any one sent or have arranged to send their pet on a flight direct from Manchester to Australia? Golden Arrow who are in Shropshire send animals from Manchester but they have to change at Heathrow. I don't want that extra unloading and loading on to another plane, which will stress her and add extra time to her flight.

Hi there..

Have done a good bit of research around this myself and as far as i know, all animals are flown ONLY from Heathrow (directly that is) If you are worried about the extra flight (I feel for you, i would be the same)... drive down with her to Shropshire and leave her in Golden Arrow overnight before she flies from Heathrow.. much less stressful for Rosie?

:hug:

Thanks for your reply. Golden Arrow would put Rosie on the plane at Manchester so she would still have the extra flight. Also they want her to be with them three days prior to flying. This does not seem to be a requirement of some other companies. I have just been on the Petair UK site and you can take your dog to their facility on the day of the flight or meet them at the airport when Rosie would then be sealed in her crate. Unfortunately the situation I am in is, I could not possibly drive Rosie down to Heathrow from North Wales, I would never find my way there. Can't drive and read the road signs at the same time!!! My husband would have driven down, but unfortunately a severe stroke means he can no longer drive. I might give Petair UK a ring tomorrow and see what they can arrange, because I would rather Rosie drive to London as she is quite happy in a car. I'm going to be a basket case at the end of this, I know it.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest mgtesta

We too are looking for a way to ship our pug dog from manchester to Sydney...We have had a quote of £1500 from PetAir which to me seems outrageous...On top we have $1000+ to pay Quarenteen in Australia. Am I being tight here or is that the going rate....?

We too are looking for a way to ship our pug dog from manchester to Sydney...We have had a quote of £1500 from PetAir which to me seems outrageous...On top we have $1000+ to pay Quarenteen in Australia. Am I being tight here or is that the going rate....?

I haven't gone through the process myself, but those prices don't seem to far off the mark from what other people have posted.