and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Guest Harry A

Meds & Police checks

Guest Harry A

Hi Guys,

Just out of interest, once you get asked to provide meds and police checks, do they give you a time limit to get them done?

The reason i ask is that my application has been lodged and awaiting CO, but my wife has recently fallen pregnant :cute:and will have x rays etc after the baby is born.

The chances are we wont get CO and be requested for meds and police checks till next year, but if there is a time limit, can you ask for an extension of time?

The way things are going at the moment with visa applications, this could be the most irrelevant question on this forum!:unsure:

Thanks

Guest Gollywobbler
Hi Guys,

Just out of interest, once you get asked to provide meds and police checks, do they give you a time limit to get them done?

The reason i ask is that my application has been lodged and awaiting CO, but my wife has recently fallen pregnant :cute:and will have x rays etc after the baby is born.

The chances are we wont get CO and be requested for meds and police checks till next year, but if there is a time limit, can you ask for an extension of time?

The way things are going at the moment with visa applications, this could be the most irrelevant question on this forum!:unsure:

Thanks

Hi Harry

Welcome to Poms in Oz.

I have discovered from your earlier posts that you are a Motor Mechanic with sponsorship from WA and that you lodged your visa application in March 2010. Presumably you have applied for a State sponsored subclass 176 visa?

I suspect that nothing will happen about your visa application until WA's State Migration Plan has been published. WA seem to be telling everyone that they reckon they will publish the SMP in mid-October 2010 but I think we just have to wait and see what happens.

I note that you are using a migration agent. Have you told the agent that your wife is pregnant? (Congratulations to both of you about that, by the way.)

COs will allow as much time as is needed until Baby has been born etc so don't worry about that.

The main question, I think, is how soon will everything happen if your occupation is on the SMP for WA? I think that the answer to that will depend on when the SMP is published and exactly what it will say when it is published. After that I think it will be possible to provide you with some concrete help with your question, which I don't think is sensibly possible just at the moment.

Cheers

Gill

Hi Harry

Congrats on the baby. We are expecting too in Jan 2011 and lodged our app in May 2010 so we are hoping to get CO after the baby is born in Jan. I don't think we will get one before but that suits us fine.

When did you lodge your app as that will give you an indication of when you will get a CO. If your occupation is on the new SOL schedule 3 they are currently giving CO's to August 2008 applicants.

Ta

Claire

Pete, Claire, Jaime & Maisie

Oops just seen from gill's post that you lodged in March 2010. Ignore that bit then

Claire

Guest Harry A

Hi Gill & Claire,

Thanks for your reply, I did have an agent but they ceased trading due to a lack of business that was caused by all the changes in Australia! But fortunately they done all the donkey work and lodged the application in March 2010.

So i have done 1193 and 956 forms and now will be getting all correspondance by email.

Saying that i find this forum most helpful and get all the info i need to keep me informed. I find Gill's comments very useful along with many others (too many to mention):chatterbox:

Congratulations Claire and i hope all goes well for you in Jan with the baby!

We too are happy to wait untill the baby is born, but i have seen and read that some have had x-rays when pregnant! but for the sake of a few months risk not worth taking.

Thanks again

Hi Gill & Claire,

Thanks for your reply, I did have an agent but they ceased trading due to a lack of business that was caused by all the changes in Australia! But fortunately they done all the donkey work and lodged the application in March 2010.

So i have done 1193 and 956 forms and now will be getting all correspondance by email.

Saying that i find this forum most helpful and get all the info i need to keep me informed. I find Gill's comments very useful along with many others (too many to mention):chatterbox:

Congratulations Claire and i hope all goes well for you in Jan with the baby!

We too are happy to wait untill the baby is born, but i have seen and read that some have had x-rays when pregnant! but for the sake of a few months risk not worth taking.

Thanks again

We lost our agent too, went into Liquidation in June i think now. As we had already submitted and our SS was in progress we decided to go it alone ourselves too.

Yeah i wouldn't take the risk of x-rays when pregnant, i know they can be done but still it would worry me too much

All the best

Caire

Guest SusieOR

I too am pregnant & due in Jan... Am I not right in thinking that if you are pregnant they are ok with you getting what med checks are possible done & you can get the xrays done after baby is born... even if that means you are in Oz???

I too am pregnant & due in Jan... Am I not right in thinking that if you are pregnant they are ok with you getting what med checks are possible done & you can get the xrays done after baby is born... even if that means you are in Oz???

Hi Susie

I think you can get meds done & then x-rays after. However, we don't live in mainland UK and means us having to have 2 trips, 2 air lots of air fares, hotels, etc. and we would still have to get new baby meds done. So to be cheaper we are just going to get all done in 1 trip. However, i don't think we will be requested by a CO before the baby arrives in Jan so it should just be the 1 trip for all of us.

Don't know about the Oz bit though, suppose it depends on how close you are to making the move perhaps.

Congratulations on the baby too

Claire

Guest SusieOR
Hi Susie

I think you can get meds done & then x-rays after. However, we don't live in mainland UK and means us having to have 2 trips, 2 air lots of air fares, hotels, etc. and we would still have to get new baby meds done. So to be cheaper we are just going to get all done in 1 trip. However, i don't think we will be requested by a CO before the baby arrives in Jan so it should just be the 1 trip for all of us.

Don't know about the Oz bit though, suppose it depends on how close you are to making the move perhaps.

Congratulations on the baby too

Claire

Hi Claire, think it will be the same for us... not expecting a case officer until Jan 11 or later so meds shouldnt be an issue as such!!! I live in Ireland... where are you???

Congrats on ur baby... ours due in Jan too!!!

Take Care Susie

Susie

Hi Claire, think it will be the same for us... not expecting a case officer until Jan 11 or later so meds shouldnt be an issue as such!!! I live in Ireland... where are you???

Congrats on ur baby... ours due in Jan too!!!

Take Care Susie

Susie

Hi Susie

We are in the Isle of Man. It's a lovely place to live but we both feel we need to see more of the world than our tiny Isle. Plus it costs a fortune to get on and off the place.

Nice to meet another mum to be in Jan 2011.

Claire