Onshrore GSM visa timeline - category 3

Guest ratulbabu

Guest ratulbabu

All Onshore applicant please shate your timeline in this thread.....

Name:Abu Ratul

Date of Visa application: 05-08-2009

Nationality: Bangladeshi

Trade/profession: Accountant

Visa type: 885

Onshore/offshore: Onshore

Pre-14th July 2010 Category (If applicable): 4

Post-14th July Category: 3

Medicals submitted: redid on 03 Septemeber 2010

Police check submitted: resubmitted on 25-AUG- 2010

Date CO assigned: Not yet

Date of employment verification (If applicable):

Date visa granted: not yet

DRC- 03-09-2010 (2nd Attempt)

ABPF- 30/07/2010

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi Abu

I see that a DRC was sent on 3rd September. Are the DIAC people in Brisbane now leaping about and processing your visa application, please?

I thought I heard a rumour that Brisbane won't accept DRCs unless the visa applicant has State sponsorship? However I might be completely wrong about that.

Cheers

Gill

Guest ratulbabu
Hi Abu

I see that a DRC was sent on 3rd September. Are the DIAC people in Brisbane now leaping about and processing your visa application, please?

I thought I heard a rumour that Brisbane won't accept DRCs unless the visa applicant has State sponsorship? However I might be completely wrong about that.

Cheers

Gill

According to my agent, DIAC fas received a large number of DRC request.

As far as i know DRC facility is only for Onshore Category 1,2 & 3.

Guest Gollywobbler
According to my agent, DIAC fas received a large number of DRC request.

As far as i know DRC facility is only for Onshore Category 1,2 & 3.

Hi therel

Apparently the DRCs are only being offered by the GSM visa people in Brisbane as an experiment (one which I hope DIAC will soon ditch because they are proving to be far more trouble than they are worth.) If that is right and only the GSMB people are playing with DRCs, that knocks Cat 1 out of the window because those do not concern GSM visas.

Cat 2 does not exist as yet because the SMPs have not been published as yet, but the GSMB's problems will be multiplied tenfold once the SMPs are published, I predict.

Which leaves Cat 3, where a DRC can be submitted regardless of whether the application is not sponsored (885) or is sponsored either by a family member or by a state government.

I wouldn't be surprised if your agent is right and that the GSMB is receiving far more DRCs than they expected to get. That will teach the new Manager of the GSMB to be very choosy about which MIA members he gossips to in the future, I suspect!

Cheers

Gill

• 1 month later...

Archived