Can you please confirm that we need:

Form 160

Form 26

Form 80

Form 40SP

Form 888

Form 47SP

& Supplimenting Docs & £1100.

Is it really 6 months TAT at the moment???!

Form 160

Form 26

Form 80

Form 40SP

Form 888

Form 47SP

Form 160 & 26 you should download and take with you to the medical. Form 80 is only required at the request of your case officer (some do it anyway). Form 888 is only required for stac decs completed in Australia (I didn't bother and just used typed A4). And obviously you need 40SP & 47SP.

Not sure what you mean by TAT? Processing time? If so 'Yes', six months does seem to be what Australia House is quoting. Presume you're planning to lodge offshore?

Form 160

Form 26

Form 80

Form 40SP

Form 888

Form 47SP

Yip! You do need to complete all these forms :wacko: and unfortunatley it is taking between 5-6 months at the moment to process!

Good Luck

Emma

5-6 months? NOT good... was hoping to be over there in January. I must have been reading a VERY old advice forum that stated 15 days turn around time on applications.

What could POSSIBLY take that long?

Is there a priority service I can pay for??

I want to cry. What options do we have? My husband cannot work there while visa is sill being processed, right?

The medical 160 & 26 are always required, so might as well do them at the start and send in with all other forms, yes? £300 for this sound right?

If you apply offshore your husband won't be able get working rights until the visa is granted.

If he's under 30 he could apply for a working holiday visa (which has working rights) to enter Australia and then apply for the spouse visa onshore.

If he's over 30 he could try entering Australia on a tourist visa, then applying for the spouse visa onshore - once the application is submitted you can claim hardship and try and get a bridging visa with working rights. However, this is a high risk strategy as entering on a tourist visa when you're planning to stay places you in breach of your visa conditions - which leaves you liable to be turned back if the immigration officer doesn't like your story.

Alternatively, you could sit tight for an extra couple of months...

The medical 160 & 26 are always required, so might as well do them at the start and send in with all other forms, yes? £300 for this sound right?

NOOO!!!! If you read those forms, you'll see they're partially to be filled in by the panel doctor that does the medical. The Dr then sends the forms on your behalf (160 & 26) to Australia House with the X Ray results.

£300 for medical and xray seems about right.

If you haven't already - download and read: 1127.pdf (application/pdf Object)

Sorry - I meant that we should just go ahead and book the medical things and get that out of the way and then send our application in to Australia House.

I was asking (badly) if there was any circumstances where they do not request medicals.

Lol.. no worries :o) There is no reason not to do your medicals and police certificates up front, unless you want to maximise the amount of time that you have to activate the visa after it has been granted (which it doesn't sound like you are). That said, you're unlikely to get any benefit from doing them early either..

My Medical and X-ray were about £300 in total.

The lead time is quoted at 5-6 months at the moment if applying to London. If you apply somewhere else or even onshore it may be a different lead time. London seems to be one of the fastest processing times in the world. If legislation or procedures change due to the new Government then lead times may change again. And it could go in either direction...

The scenario I always worried about was going to Oz on a tourist visa, applying onshore and then claiming hardship to be given some sort of work rights. I have always wondered how that would be interpreted by DIAC, because as part of the Spouse Visa application, the Sponsor has to provide an Assurance of Support that they can provide for the applicant financially for up to two years. They note that it may be difficult for a migrant to find work quickly, hence the AoS. How you would be granted work rights on a Tourist visa when you are claiming your partner can't support you whilst it is a requirement of the other visa you have applied for has always been something I've wondered about...I'd be concerned about relying on that route. The DIAC attitude may well be, you are only a tourist, why should you take an Australian job when you could go back to your own country and work or be supported by your own State? If money is really tight...the onshore applications are actually a bit more expensive to make as well. If your partner is working at the moment, it may be better to keep working and sit out the wait.

Oh, and I completed Form 80 and sent it in with my application. Actually a lot of it is already in the main application and sponsor forms. You just need to list your education and work history on top of the other stuff...Seeing as I was redoing my CV anyway at the time I was going through that information, it wasn't really a problem. I figured, if they had it already then it was one less thing for my CO to ask for which may delay the process, so I submitted it up front. It isn't necessary in a lot of cases, but your CO may ask for it at some point.

Thanks George.

Yep - wouldn't been too keen on going down that route.[/QUOTe]

and don't get me wrong, in no way would I endorse or recommend arriving on a tourist visa then applying onshore. But people do just that and I didn't want to give you an incomplete anwer to your question. As someone who waited just under 6 months for my partner visa, I hate to think of anyone shortcutting the queue!:wink:

Hi we lodged ours on the 20/08/2011 case officer assigned on the 31st of Aug

On our cover letter we asaked if we could have a decision by mid Jan as we want our children in school at the start of the new yr.

Our case officer sent us an e-mail on friday to say she has spoken to her manager and we are to contact her mid dec for a decision.

crossing fingers it's looking good :jiggy:

The big question is......... When do we book tickets?????????

Archived