Any Graphic Designer jobs in Australia?

Guest Supafemale

Guest Supafemale

Hi

I currently work as a Senior Graphic Designer in the UK and have always wanted to move to Australia for a year or two to see if I like working out there :)

Just wondered what was the best way to go about it? and if there's much call for Graphic Designers in Australia?

Many Thanks

Guest CraigandZoe

As far as I am aware it's a job that isn't on the skilled occupations list mate. So it would be a working visa for you or sponsorship, I took the married to a Pharmacist route ;) I am looking for a pre press / design role in Bris area at the mo, lots knocking around, applied for 10 jobs in the last 2 weeks of being over here. Compition is fierce though, as it is in many professions at the mo. Best of luck to you though.

Guest Supafemale

Thanks for the info! Maybe I should find myself a Pharmacist too ;)

Hmmm...not sure what to do then - even though the work opportunities seem to be better over there than here. It's dead here, no job opportunities at all..so im reluctant to quit my job on a whim even though im happy to pay for my VISA, but I worry that if it doesn't work out - I'll end up back in the UK with no work.

Good luck in your job hunt :)

Thanks for the info! Maybe I should find myself a Pharmacist too ;)

Hmmm...not sure what to do then - even though the work opportunities seem to be better over there than here. It's dead here, no job opportunities at all..so im reluctant to quit my job on a whim even though im happy to pay for my VISA, but I worry that if it doesn't work out - I'll end up back in the UK with no work.

Good luck in your job hunt :)

Hi, i have seen a few jobs advertised in that line over the past few weeks. Sorry i can't be more precise as to which sites. But if you keep looking i'm sure the right job will appear.Good luck.

As far as I am aware it's a job that isn't on the skilled occupations list mate. So it would be a working visa for you or sponsorship, I took the married to a Pharmacist route ;) *snip*.

sorry to hijack but how did your pharmacist partner get on with getting the pharmacist job?

My missus is one and find it difficult in getting info/help in job hunting etc. She's looking at doing her exams in March and wanted to know a little more about the whole process and some real life situations...

appreciate your comments

Guest CraigandZoe
sorry to hijack but how did your pharmacist partner get on with getting the pharmacist job?

My missus is one and find it difficult in getting info/help in job hunting etc. She's looking at doing her exams in March and wanted to know a little more about the whole process and some real life situations...

appreciate your comments

I will PM you today mate, I got Zoe to type up a mini essay ;) about it and I will send that to you. She is still jumping through hoops with it now, been a right old pain in the arse. It will be worth it in the end though.

If I can't find this pre typed letter I will let you know, then perhaps you partner can draft up a list of questions. Zoe would be more than happy to answer them.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Alexxxxx
Hi

I currently work as a Senior Graphic Designer in the UK and have always wanted to move to Australia for a year or two to see if I like working out there :)

Hi Supafemale,

My partner is a graphic designer and we are looking to move out there also. He says the same about the job opportunities and the money is much better than here. We live in Cardiff so the job opportunities and salary is ridiculous! We are looking at getting sponsorship in the next 6 months so if we have any luck, we'll let you know how we done it. I hope you don't mind doing the same if you have such luck :)

Kind regards

Alex

• 2 years later...

I would like to ask the same question, im a graphic designer in portugal, and i was wondering how is the australian market nowdays, what are the changes of a professional future there? And if any of you guys with the same doubts, what story have to tell, if you already ventured into the mad max land?

Thanks

Paulo

Hi

Just wondered what was the best way to go about it? and if there's much call for Graphic Designers in Australia?

Many Thanks

A quick search shows that Graphic Designer is currently on the Canberra Occupation List meaning you can apply for a state sponsored 190 permanent residence visa, if you can secure enough points and meet all the criteria that is.

Another option is to apply for a working holiday visa (if you're 18-30) it's only for 12 months though and you are limited to working 6 months with each employer.

Good luck

Chris.

Archived