Moving to Victoria? Join our state specific forum

Cerberus1

Guest TheArmChairDetective
Just to remind people to join up with the Life in Victoria Forum there is a link at the foot of the page. There is a meet up happening in Berwick soon that people may like to pop along to. Also friendships are easily formed being a smaller forum.

Where about's in Berwick Petals?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest TheArmChairDetective
I am currently a serving Police officer in the UK, how do you gain PR without having a sponsorship? as police officer is not listed in the skills list???

Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Hi, you need to visit each state police and see what recruitment drives are ongoing for UK serving officers.

SA Police are a good place to start, remember though you have a high chance of getting a posting the local bobby doesn't want, but that's not really a hardship when compared to the potential possibilities.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi everyone,

I have just signed up and am looking for any help and advice on moving from the UK to Victoria!! This is all happening very fast for me, it's something I have not really thought about and then two weeks ago my hubby applied for a job and got it on a sponsored visa so everything is still in the early stages however I have a 9 year old son and the company are in talks with my husband on putting us in an area called Caroline Springs. As a parent I was hoping someone could tell me if this is a nice area etc. my son is an avid rugby player and I would hope that this could continue and any advice on schools would be much appreciated.

Where's a nice area for families I'm in WA and thinking about a move to Melbourne and surrounding area

Hi. We moved to Geelong 3+ years ago and love it here. We are about 50 mins from Melbourne and 30 mins to the Great Ocean Road, which is awesome.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...