A Levels done... QTAC app in... UQ requirements, don't understand! HELP! :(

LukeM

Wonder if anyone can help me with this??

I recently lodged my QTAC Application. I did my A Levels in the UK, and was informed by the lovely people at Griffith Uni that I would have a meaty score of 92 out of a possible 99 for my A Level results. So hopefully, I should fit right in.

Anyway, as those who are clued up on the Uni thing in Qld will know they update your stuff pretty swiftly with regards to whether or not you're meeting the selection criteria.

I've filled up my 6 preferences and got them ordered up ready for the offer rounds. These might change anyway tomorrow if I don't like the look of UQ or it transpires that I'm not realistically going to be able to meet the requirements anyway...

SO. For all bar the two I've applied for at UQ, it's been updated to say "Based on the information currently held by QTAC, you have satisfied the minimum entry requirements for this course." or whatever it says. Great! Cool...

BUT. UQ is closest to where I'm living. I'm going to look round on one of their school holiday campus tours tomorrow, which is all dandy.

For Multimedia Design at UQ I have...

Prerequisites: English (4, SA). Satisfied: Not yet determined.

Institution Admission Rules: English Language Proficiency. Satisfied: Yes.

THEN for Information Technology at UQ I have...

Prerequisites: English (4, SA) and Maths B (4, SA). Satisfied: Not yet determined.

Institution Admission Rules: English Language Proficiency. Satisfied: Yes.

So I'm really worried. Maths is not my strong point at all. I don't want my QTAC application to go to waste first time around, or ever, otherwise I'm going to be sat around working 3 days a week not meeting people etc on top of not getting any closer to the career I want any time soon. SO. I didn't do A Level Maths, I did GCSE Maths in the UK and acquired a grade C. I studied IT, Psychology and Media Studies and achieved passes in all 3 at A Level.

Someone help. :sad:

Hi Luke,

Hope you are settling in well. I can't specifically answer your question as I got into Griffith through industry qualifications and 21 years banking and finance career.

I have heard since I've been here though that UQ is very hard to get in to and you 'usually' have to be invited to get a place. I didn't look at UQ as the degree was double the cost of Griffith!!!

I would suggest you perhaps give them a call, they must have a student services section, but be quick, it's mid semester a week on Monday!

Good Luck

Steph

xxxx

Archived