good areas near ipswich QLD

Guest Taylor72

Guest Taylor72

Hi

I have a job offer in eastern heights Ipswich QLD , was wondering if anyone knows any safe family areas with good schools where your not living in a box !! :wub:

Have a look at Flinders View, its a nice area that doesnt have shoebox plots. Most of the suburbs out towards South ripley etc are ok and the plot sizes get bigger the further you go. There are a few new land estates out towards Gatton too so you may find one of them suits.

You could go the other way past springfield lakes and you have New Beith, Greenbank etc all offer acerage living with ammenities nearby.

Hope this helps a little

Cal x

Guest Taylor72
Have a look at Flinders View, its a nice area that doesnt have shoebox plots. Most of the suburbs out towards South ripley etc are ok and the plot sizes get bigger the further you go. There are a few new land estates out towards Gatton too so you may find one of them suits.

You could go the other way past springfield lakes and you have New Beith, Greenbank etc all offer acerage living with ammenities nearby.

Hope this helps a little

Cal x

Thanks Cal, your a star :cute:

Its so difficult to know what are good areas, when your researching from the uk. When we eventually move over our friends who live in a lovely part of wulkaraka are letting us stay with them for a few weeks until we get a rental. We had looked at flinders view, also loved Karalee and Fernvale. I will check out Gatton and New Beith.

Thanks Again

Annette

Its good you have somewhere for a few weeks because the best way of researching areas is to drive, drive and drive,lol. Also when you have managed to narrow down your choices try and visit at different times of day, do the same with your work commute. Its amazing how areas can vary dependant on times of day etc.

Grab as many local papers as you can as they too are a good insight into an area, small general stores and petrol stations are good places to find them. Most supermarkets have a notice board so have a nosey and see whats going in the area (lots of local clubs advertise this way).

Good luck i am sure you will be happy with most of the areas out that way .

Cal x

Guest Taylor72
Its good you have somewhere for a few weeks because the best way of researching areas is to drive, drive and drive,lol. Also when you have managed to narrow down your choices try and visit at different times of day, do the same with your work commute. Its amazing how areas can vary dependant on times of day etc.

Grab as many local papers as you can as they too are a good insight into an area, small general stores and petrol stations are good places to find them. Most supermarkets have a notice board so have a nosey and see whats going in the area (lots of local clubs advertise this way).

Good luck i am sure you will be happy with most of the areas out that way .

Cal x

Thanks Cal, i for see lots of driving around the suburbs at all times of the day as i dont want to land in a bad area. Noticed your in Jimboomba whats it like there?

Also noted your from Bury, we live in Bolton for our sins :twitcy: How long have you been over in oz? Im a nurse so managed to secure a job with Blue care which im so pleased about , but immigration is at a stand still at the present until the skilled migration liste get signed off.

Do you have any regrets around moving from sunny old uk?

Just to make you smile its raining for a change in good old Blighty :wink:

Annette x

Guest Taylor72

Omg Cal

I ve just had a look at your rental property photos etc and was thinking mmmm this seems familiar, only to find out you had been on wanted down under. Did you do the revisited ? as i remember watching that episode with you on it . Well done you !!!!

Is your business doing ok then ?

I bet its been hard work, and admire you for doing it and just hope ive got the back bone to put aside my wobbly moments and go for it. Cos i absolutley loved it when we went over xx

Annette x

Omg Cal

I ve just had a look at your rental property photos etc and was thinking mmmm this seems familiar, only to find out you had been on wanted down under. Did you do the revisited ? as i remember watching that episode with you on it . Well done you !!!!

Is your business doing ok then ?

I bet its been hard work, and admire you for doing it and just hope ive got the back bone to put aside my wobbly moments and go for it. Cos i absolutley loved it when we went over xx

Annette x

LOL, Yeah that was us,lol I can't hide anywere now,lol.

Business is doing ok, it did slow a little with all the immigration changes but thankfully the familys who already had visa's and were waiting for house sales have kept me going.

Moving is hard and the first year or so is tough too, its normal to have wobbly days (i still get the odd one 4 years in) but as long as you can support your partner and vice versa you can get by, just keep thinking of the reasons you wanted to move here in the first place, it works for me,lol.

Cal x

Guest Taylor72
LOL, Yeah that was us,lol I can't hide anywere now,lol.

Business is doing ok, it did slow a little with all the immigration changes but thankfully the familys who already had visa's and were waiting for house sales have kept me going.

Moving is hard and the first year or so is tough too, its normal to have wobbly days (i still get the odd one 4 years in) but as long as you can support your partner and vice versa you can get by, just keep thinking of the reasons you wanted to move here in the first place, it works for me,lol.

Cal x

Hi Cal

Haha small world and now no hidding even if you are on the otherside of the world :biggrin:

I hope immigration starts to move soon as i worry that the job offer ive managed to get with Blue care will end up being lost :sad: Ive kept them in the loop from the beginning and they know exactly whats happening, and they keep telling me not to worry but you cant help it. There is no way i could of bagged this kind off job in the UK without jumping through alot of hoops.

Im glad you said you had wobbly moments, makes me feel normal lol :biglaugh:

Is life very different for you in oz than the uk ? what did you both do in the uk ?

How have your kids settled?

Lots of questions but had better go to work now x

ps still raining here grey skys, does it bring it all back lol x

Take care

Annette x

If it makes you feel any better its not stopped raining all day here today,lol and its the first day of the 2 week school holidays!!! lol

Blue Care always seem to be recruiting so i would imagine your job offer is pretty safe. I worked for Southern cross care when i arrived doing community support work as i did this in the UK, found it great although very different to how it was done back there. I now do relocation and teach Gymnastics which is something id never dreamed of doing before.

Gary is still mechanicing but is now self employed and also runs training courses to bring other mechanics up to spec with the new stuff.

Kids settled fine,they enjoy the outdoor lifestyle but never really were indoor computer kids so to speak,, my now 7 yr old remembers nothing of the UK which can be odd at times , my eldest stays in touch with his old friends via facebook, he starts high school in January so will be strange understanding how the high school education works at first. See, 4 years in and i'm still learning new things,lol it sure is one big journey,lol.

Cal x

Archived