Help me find the best way into oz

Guest kelbell

hi

i am married with three children, i am a level 3 nursery nurse and my husband a salesman for a shipping company selling container space and storage on vessels import/export.

we have visited oz a few times and have family there and we feel we would love to emigrate to perth, however we have been told that my qualification is not enough to ge tus into oz as pre-primary teachers are on the list but at degree level, my husbands job not on list now was but not now, does anyone know any other way we could possibly acheive our dream of a life in oz, i could get my uncle to sponser me in but was told to do that our profession would still have to be on the list is this right does anybody know, pleeeeeeeease help any advice welcome im at the stage where i just want to pack up and go anyway.

Why don't you try one of the free assessments that Migration Agents offer? That might give you all the options and the best way of securing a visa. You'll be able to give all the background & info so it will specific to your circumstances. Also, check if your husbands profession is on the ENSOL or (when they come out) the State Sponsored lists.

Guest Gollywobbler
hi

i am married with three children, i am a level 3 nursery nurse and my husband a salesman for a shipping company selling container space and storage on vessels import/export.

we have visited oz a few times and have family there and we feel we would love to emigrate to perth, however we have been told that my qualification is not enough to ge tus into oz as pre-primary teachers are on the list but at degree level, my husbands job not on list now was but not now, does anyone know any other way we could possibly acheive our dream of a life in oz, i could get my uncle to sponser me in but was told to do that our profession would still have to be on the list is this right does anybody know, pleeeeeeeease help any advice welcome im at the stage where i just want to pack up and go anyway.

Hi kelbell

Welcome to Poms in Oz.

I agree with the previous poster that you should ask some migration agents about this.

Your uncle cannot sponsor you for a visa for no other reason than that he is your uncle! The reason is because neither you or your OH are going to be eligible for skilled independent visas for Oz, I strongly suspect (also known as General Skilled Migration.)

You are definitely not eligible for GSM migration (skilled independent) in your own right, for the reasons you have already discovered and explained. I doubt very much whether Hubby's occupation could be squeezed into anything in Schedule 3 of the new SOL either:

http://www.comlaw.gov.au/ComLaw/legislation/LegislativeInstrument1.nsf/0/DA1BE00DC2F66895CA25774A0013D89E/$file/10026LI.pdf

So the next question is, "Would either of you be eligible for an employer-sponsored visa instead?" To answer that, we have to look at the ENSOL, which is now in Schedule 4:

http://www.comlaw.gov.au/ComLaw/legislation/LegislativeInstrument1.nsf/0/490CB4F69A2A8882CA25774C0023BA87/$file/10028LI.pdf

We also need to look at the list of possible occupations for the sc 457 visa:

http://www.comlaw.gov.au/ComLaw/legislation/LegislativeInstrument1.nsf/0/975751D41E27FC88CA25774A0013EC8A/$file/10032LI.pdf

It is not impossible that there is something in the ENSOL or the sc 457 List that might "fit" Hubby. However you have to bear in mind that having a job on either of these two lists is of zero use unless you manage to find an employer in Oz who is both willing and eligible to sponsor one of you for a visa. Such an employer could be anywhere in Oz.

With your own occupation, loads of people have tried to find employer-sponsors and I have not come across anyone who has succeeded. There are plenty of creches for small children and day care centres for older children but the problem, every time, is the insurance. The employers want somebody who can be left in charge of the facility. To do that, the insurers for the facility have to be willing to extend cover to the wannabe migrant employee. However there are loads of local rules and regulations via which somebody who is going to be in charge of one of these facilities even for 30 minutes has to have an in-date, Australian, First Aid qualification and they might well have to have another Aussie certificate confirming that they know how to perform CPR etc. It is much easier, cheaper and more reliable for the Aussie employer just to wait until an Aussie turns up who has the necessary certificates, wants the job and does not need a visa.

So - what about Hubby? You have told us roughly what he does but you have not identified his current employers. Do they ship stuff to Oz? If so, do they have an Aussie company which is a sister company to the one in the UK? If so, would the company in Oz be willing to sponsor your OH?

I think that you ought to look on Poms in Oz and find out which migration agents are most frequently recommended on here. I think you should also prepare a detailed CV for your OH, explaining exactly what tasks his job involves. (Don't bother with mentioning what a pleasant, self-motivated sort of cove he is - none of the migration agents are going to give him a job so his personal qualities are irrelevant for the purpose of discovering whether or not he would be eligible to get an employer sponsored visa and if so, which visa?)

Go Matilda will do the exercise of studying OH's CV and telling you what sort of visa (if any) they think would be possible. However working it out properly and carefully would take an hour or two of somebody's time, so don't expect any of the top-notch migration agents to do this detailed exercise without charging an up-front fee for it.

Ian Harrop could also be trusted to work it out properly and to get it right.

Various agents in Oz could also be entrusted with the task but be wary of the salesmen! The salesmen are often migration agents who have a stronger idea about how to sell their product (themselves) than having any serious knowledge about the new skills lists and the visas to go with them.

Cheers

Gill

thankyou ill have a look around on here and see if i can get any recommendations for migration agent assessments. tks again. What are peoples opinions on student visas? as im happy to further my qualifications and do a degree in austrailia to further me towards teaching.

• 5 months later...
Guest Jessie11

Hi was just wondering if sinnce posting on here whether you have found away of emigrating to Oz. Like yourself I have got a qualification in childcare (NNEB) and I am not finding it easy to find a way of getting their. Unfortunatley for us we can't go on husbands occupation as he is over the 45year age limit. Would love to go to have a better future for my 3 children,seems like it is an unlikely dream. Any advice would be greatly appriciated.

Thanks Nat

Archived