Horse disappeared from Sydney agistment

Guest SusieK

Hello Ozzie pet-lovers

Last week Our Thomas, a piebald gypsy cob, vanished from Glenworth Valley agistment in Sydney, NSW. Our Thomas and his owners only moved to Australia two months ago. He is a very distinctive horse, with one blue and one brown eye, as well as having a hogged mane and feathers, and a brand. His owners are desperate to find him, so please, please keep your eyes and ears open, and if you have any information, pass it on. Contact details on following YouTube and FaceBook links.

YouTube - MISSING/STOLEN HORSE Gypsy Cob "Our Thomas"

Missing Our Thomas | Facebook

Thanks for reading this.

Guest chris955

Sorry to hear that. Is it thought that he escaped or was stolen ? It makes a difference obviously as he would still most likely be near by if he escaped.

Good luck with finding him.

Thanks for your reply and good wishes. The surrounding area has been searched thoroughly - by helicopter - and there is no sign of him having wandered off, so it is presumed that he has been stolen.

Hi

I saw your message on horseyard's-Facebook site. What a horrible time you must be having ,as i said on there i am in QLD but if there is anything i can do such as putting up posters around local riding ctrs etc please send me a PM and i will get some details off you.

Take care and i hope you find him soon.

Cal x

Hi

I saw your message on horseyard's-Facebook site. What a horrible time you must be having ,as i said on there i am in QLD but if there is anything i can do such as putting up posters around local riding ctrs etc please send me a PM and i will get some details off you.

Take care and i hope you find him soon.

Cal x

Hi there

I don't know whether anybody has contacted you yet regarding your kind offer? If not, how do I PM you? Can't seem to find the way. :embarrassed:

Susie

Fifteen days, and still no news of Our Thomas. Please, very kind people, don't forget him. :no:

YouTube - MISSING/STOLEN HORSE Gypsy Cob "Our Thomas"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDS0jU1h6Vo

To all of you who have been so helpful in placing posters and spreading the news, and have joined the FB group, thank you so much. Your support is needed and very much appreciated. :yes:

Just heard that a few months ago there was a sick hoax regarding a missing gypsy cob, started in Victoria via Petlink. Please be assured, THIS ONE IS DEFINITELY NOT A HOAX.

Thomas has been found and reunited with his owner! Latest news of him on the FB group page, and on his owner's page at Amanda Overall | Facebook

It sounds as if he is well.

Many, many thanks to all you kind people for your support and help. What a wonderful ending to this story.

For any of those amongst you who did not join the Facebook group, but who would like to know more about how Thomas turned up, here is the content of a message sent by the lady who set up the FB group to all members:

"Amanda and Steve received a call early on Saturday morning (Australia that is late Friday night in the UK) telling them that Tom was back in the valley at the centre that he was taken from. Amanda and Steve left the house for the centre within a few minutes.. very shocked and most of all delighted that Tom was back..

So excited was Amanda that she phoned me on her way to the yard....I was just snuggled in my bed and dropping off nicely....being 1am. But I didnt mind and spent the next 2 hours up on facebook letting everyone know whilst I waited to hear from Amanda as to how Tom was. (I was just to excited to sleep) :)

When Amanda and Steve got to the yard a vet had been called to check Tom out. He arrived and after a thorough check up he said Tom was fine, he was suffering from a little dehydration and had an upset stomach which he was treated for. Amanda added that the vet was very pleased to see Tom as he had received 72 posters about Tom from 72 different people in the last week and was now looking forward to checking his emails knowing that Tom was home safe and sound. Amanda and Steve spent the rest of the day with Tom watching and checking that he was ok. Again thank you for sending posters to everyone that you could think of it certainly made a difference to this vet as he knew Tom before he had even seen him....

We do not know where he came from, who had him or how he got back to the centre but it appears that he was taken rather than wondered off as his general condition was too good to have been out in the wild for 17 days, although he did not look his best according to Amanda.

Needless to say Amanda and Steve are delighted. Amanda is still in shock and just cannot believe that Tom is home safe and sound. She said although she kept hoping that he would come back she had, deep down decided that he was gone forever and that without you all. he would have been gone forever. She believes that it is down to the hard work of all of you that Tom is home with her.

I will give you all another update in a week or two before I close the group. It has been a real experience to see how many people do care about others and how much they are willing to do to help. Thank you all once again.

Anne"

Maybe we will never know where he was all that time he was missing, but at least we know where he is now. :yes: