Guest MelissaC

Mth Martha opinions pretty please! :)

Guest MelissaC

Hi all,

my hubby and I are thinking to move to mt martha as we would love a more relaxed lifestyle. We have a 2yr old daughter. We both would work for ourselves, him a finance consultant and I am a graphic designer artist.

Would anyone be able to tell us their honest opinions on:

-if we would find some good clientele up in mt Martha?

- good kinders / schools

- kids activites, classes

- good libraries, community centres

- good hospitals doctors etc.

- shopping for groceries and general

- are their concerns with living by the sea and around bushland in relation to high winds and fire?

Any other insights would be greatley appreciated!

Would love to make some great local friends from the area in the meantime.

much thanks,

Melissa

ps we are currently living in eastern suburbs

Hi all,

my hubby and I are thinking to move to mt martha as we would love a more relaxed lifestyle. We have a 2yr old daughter. We both would work for ourselves, him a finance consultant and I am a graphic designer artist.

Would anyone be able to tell us their honest opinions on:

-if we would find some good clientele up in mt Martha?

- good kinders / schools

- kids activites, classes

- good libraries, community centres

- good hospitals doctors etc.

- shopping for groceries and general

- are their concerns with living by the sea and around bushland in relation to high winds and fire?

Any other insights would be greatley appreciated!

Would love to make some great local friends from the area in the meantime.

much thanks,

Melissa

ps we are currently living in eastern suburbs

It is a lovely suburb and quite classy - certainly a lot more upmarket than Frankston. There are plenty of shopping centres around but you will both need a car to get around. No particular worries about fire that I have heard of. I don't live there but I believe there is a good community down there and a lot of 'boaties' too.

Guest MelissaC

Thanks very much, it means alot. So far the vibe I'm getting is great, which is how I felt to begin with :)

fingers crossed if it's meant to be we will move, if not oh well.

;)

Mt. M is a quiet sort of place, quieter than Mornington, and you might need the car to get you up the the shops in Frankston.

If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader.”

John Quincy Adams

Hi,

I have lived in Mt Martha since we arrived a year ago and I love the place.

The best way I find to descibe it is the new and old/village areas.

New Area

We live in the new area just off Craigie Rd. It is near Bentons Shopping Centre which is very good has a Woolworths for food, butchers, newsagent, pizza shop, dvd shop, 2 cafes, dry cleaners, few clothes shops and petrol station. Dunns Rd park is just a walk away with an off-leash area for dogs, a walking track and play park.

The 2 local schools are Osborne Primary and Bentons Primary schools. My kids are older so I don't know about Kinda.

Old/Village Area

Larger parts of this area is bush or bushier! The shopping area is accross the road from the beautiful beach and has an IGA supermarket and lots of other shops, realestate and cafes. I am not very familiar with housing in this area but do use the beach more in the warmer months. The primary school for the area is Mt Martha Primary.

We use Mornington Library - its a new building with plenty of computers and very helpful staff.

There are football clubs for kids, table tennis, basketball, netball and lots of other local clubs that you find out about when the kids are in school.

We went to the local Fire Brigade meeting before last summer that had been organised as people were worried after Black Saturday and a lot was discussed about safe areas on the peninsula. The areas have not been identified yet (or as far as i know) and a lot of talk about 'Staying and defending' and what happens to water supplies etc when you do this message me for more details.

I feel safe here and I really like the area.

If you have any other questions please ask or message me.

47SV Special Migrant Former Resident Visa Applied 15.9.08 Granted 10.3.09

Arrived 19.9.09 Lovin' it!!

Hi Melissa,

Just to say we moved to Mt. Martha 2 years ago and we absolutely love it! such a great place for children. We love the people and the lifestyle. I have found Mt. Martha to be a most friendly place and made many wonderful friends.

The kinders are fantastic, my children attend Balcombe grammar which is excellent, but full so if you are thinking of moving here maybe you should enrol now if you want private. Our experience of the state school was not great.

Loads of kid's activities, dancing, gymnastic, tennis, swimming you get the picture. Mornington Library is great.

The hospitals are much like the UK for A&E i'm afraid, waiting for hours on end but my experience once admitted has been very good, I had my youngest in public hospital (Frankston)and it beat the NHS hands down. GP's all good, excellent referrals on to health care professionals, very high quality of care and treatment.

I find Benton's the best and cheapest for grocery shopping and go to Aldi's once a month.

Some areas in Mt. Martha are bush fire prone, so you do need to follow advice in those hot months and have a plan.

I have 4 children so I would say I have had experience in all these fields!

Please don't hesitate to ask any further questions, happy to help and meet up for a coffee some time. :smile:

Guest MelissaC

Hello, you are just so kind to send me all that info!

I really am so keen to move but have to day am a bit frightened about the fires.

Next time hubby and I are going to take a drive up to look around I will have to email you before and see if we can indeed meet for coffee!! If you are still interested. its so nice peaking to a local who loves it and it makes me feel so positiv about what is quite hard to know if it is the right thing to move, if you know what I mean!

Take care, Melissa

Guest juliemtaylor

honestly I have been here since Feb and not been worried too much about the fire risk as others around me have seen little ones but not like living through the hell of Black Saturday.

We love it down here and think you will too.

Julie x

The fires in Mount Martha were a few years ago now and in 24 years I have lived here that is the only time they had a fire. The fire was in the Ttree which is over on the beach side of the Nepean Highway. The properties over there tend to be larger and very expensive.

Most of Mount Martha is urban so its fine.

Petals

:ssign15:taking no prisoners :wink: