Guest gemngeoff10

Internal Auditor Vetassess Critereor-help

Guest gemngeoff10

hi there

just wondering if anybody can help me on this-

i understand internal auditor is on the SOL and that vetassess do the skills assesment. having looked at the site- i see that they require an equivalent qualification to bachelor's degree.

Can anbody tell me if a uk bachelors degree in law (LLB) and 5 years on the job traianing and work experience as internal auditor would fit the bill or if formal accounting qualifications are needed.

If the work experience plus llb degree is sufficient then what documents does the employer need to produce to prove the work experience?

Thanks guys!

Guest monster
hi there

just wondering if anybody can help me on this-

i understand internal auditor is on the SOL and that vetassess do the skills assesment. having looked at the site- i see that they require an equivalent qualification to bachelor's degree.

Can anbody tell me if a uk bachelors degree in law (LLB) and 5 years on the job traianing and work experience as internal auditor would fit the bill or if formal accounting qualifications are needed.

If the work experience plus llb degree is sufficient then what documents does the employer need to produce to prove the work experience?

Thanks guys!

hi,

i got a positive assessment from vetassess as an Internal auditor. I just submitted all my uni credentials, evidence of employment (i've been an Internal auditor for almost 6 yrs), membership certificate with professional bodies and it took them 11weeks to process.

I am an accounting graduate, CPA and CIA (certified internal auditor) as well. So i reckon just submit all documents that they require and if you have an exprience as internal auditor, things might be alright.

Guest gemngeoff10
hi,

i got a positive assessment from vetassess as an Internal auditor. I just submitted all my uni credentials, evidence of employment (i've been an Internal auditor for almost 6 yrs), membership certificate with professional bodies and it took them 11weeks to process.

I am an accounting graduate, CPA and CIA (certified internal auditor) as well. So i reckon just submit all documents that they require and if you have an exprience as internal auditor, things might be alright.

Hi there-

The problem is that the law degree does not have any accounting modules- i did and passed accounting modules equivalent to 1st year of an accountancy degree when i strated the law post graduate course- but i decided law wasnt for me and didn't finish the course.

As such-all my training has been on the job and i haven't had to do any formal qualifications in auditing with my job- so i am in a bit of a dilemma- as i recieved a reply from VETASSESS saying the following:-

Thank you for your enquiry. The occupation ‘Internal Auditor’ is listed under Group A of the VETASSESS guidelines. In order to receive a positive assessment for a Group A occupation you will need:

· Qualification/s assessed at Australian Bachelor degree level or higher with a highly relevant major and one year of relevant employment experience completed in the five years before the date of application for a Skills Assessment

Applicants must have all of the above in order to be assessed positively for Group A.

A qualification will be assessed as relevant if it has a major in Accounting. Regarding employment experience, we will be looking to see if an applicant:

<LI style="mso-margin-top-alt: auto; mso-margin-bottom-alt: auto; mso-list: l0 level1 lfo3" class=MsoNormal>Evaluates the cost effectiveness and risks of operational processes, activities, policies and systems <LI style="mso-margin-top-alt: auto; mso-margin-bottom-alt: auto; mso-list: l0 level1 lfo3" class=MsoNormal>Reports to management on the existence and effectiveness of the system of internal controls <LI style="mso-margin-top-alt: auto; mso-margin-bottom-alt: auto; mso-list: l0 level1 lfo3" class=MsoNormal>Prepares financial statements and reports for management, shareholders and statutory bodies <LI style="mso-margin-top-alt: auto; mso-margin-bottom-alt: auto; mso-list: l0 level1 lfo3" class=MsoNormal>Establishes audit objectives, designs and implements audit methodologies, processes and audit report criteria <LI style="mso-margin-top-alt: auto; mso-margin-bottom-alt: auto; mso-list: l0 level1 lfo3" class=MsoNormal>Identifies and applies relevant professional standards and regulatory requirements <LI style="mso-margin-top-alt: auto; mso-margin-bottom-alt: auto; mso-list: l0 level1 lfo3" class=MsoNormal>Discusses reports with other auditors and issues reports recommending performance or control improvements

• Gives an independent opinion on the financial performance of an organization, and the extent to which its obligations are met

I hope the above information is helpful. Please let me know if you have any further queries.

I presume by "major in accounting" they mean most modules of the degree are to be accounting modules- which would rule me out.???

Which is a shame as the employment experience as Vetassess set out- my work covers.

Guest mouse82

hey guys, if my education background consists of a bachelors of economics and finance and a Masters of finance undertaken in Australia, you reckon I would be eligible for an Internal Auditors nomination?

My education background major isn't Accounting, so I am worried that may be an issue.

Also I do have around 1 yrs plus employment background in accounting, checking and preparing accounts, analysis etc for a small trading company.

Pls advice

thanks

Hello friends, I want your help regarding the meaning of a term in Australia "Financial auditor & financial accountant" and how it is different from Internal Auditor.

secondly, what are the chances of getting the negative assessment from Vet assess of Internal Auditor positive, (My assessment done negative saying that I am the financial Auditor and not Internal Auditor)

Thirdly, what should be the proper procedure to be followed for review of negative assessment.

thanks

anand