Perth - cost of living

Guest TheGillams

Guest The Ropey HOFF

Hi miniwing

i have only visited Perth and i loved it, i am sure there are plenty of others on here that can give you great advice over the best places where to live and what few areas there are to avoid, most places look great though, best of luck.

• 1 year later...
Guest Zlotikman

Dear all

Hope it is ok to post a question here.

Family of 9> 2 adults and 7 children are on the verge of relocating to Perth on the back of a condional offer upon reciept of a Sponsored PR Visa. Children age> 18,17,16,13,11,9,6

Could some of you tell us please how much do we need to earn net Monthly

Wish to live in Northern Perth

Best Regards

Zlotikman

Guest guest17301
Hi

How does the first time buyers grant work? Do you pay it back when/if you sell or do you pay rent on it like the ones in the Uk?

Thanks

Easy to apply for/obtain/no payback and can be counted as part of your deposit with some lenders

Easy to apply for/obtain/no payback and can be counted as part of your deposit with some lenders

Sounds great!!

I have heard though it can be hard to get credit as you have no credit history in Oz so I guess buying a house is not something that can be done straight away?!

Guest guest17301

I think as PR visa holders you can after a few months, its just the history of income/wageslips they want to see...depends on your bank and your circumstances. Westpac offered me a credit card after 1 months as I had a steady income.

You want to rent for a few months anyway, get a feel for the areas, takes a while...dont rush into anything.

I think as PR visa holders you can after a few months, its just the history of income/wageslips they want to see...depends on your bank and your circumstances. Westpac offered me a credit card after 1 months as I had a steady income.

You want to rent for a few months anyway, get a feel for the areas, takes a while...dont rush into anything.

Yeah we are defo gonna be renting first & want to have a good look round before we commit to anything. We have been looking at rentals - there's some grotty places out there ain't there!! Lol!!

Guest guest17301
Yeah we are defo gonna be renting first & want to have a good look round before we commit to anything. We have been looking at rentals - there's some grotty places out there ain't there!! Lol!!

Where are you looking?

Guest Zlotikman
Where are you looking?

Hi Fiona

Hope I could ask you the following

Hope you could please clarify.

My name is Zlotikman we are the family of 9.

When you mentioned that you guys get the same numbers you did not refer to our size of family.

Do you think a family of 9 can manage on 12000 net income per month.

Regards

Sharon Turin

Dear Zlotikman,

fiona1975 has just replied to a thread you have subscribed to entitled - Perth - cost of living - in the Western Australia forum of PomsInOz Forum.

This thread is located at: http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/western-australia/94974-perth-cost-living-new-post.html

There may be other replies also, but you will not receive any more notifications until you visit the forum again.

All the best,

PomsInOz Forum

Just totted it up with a mate in Perth , 4 bedroom rented house , 1 car , family of 4 every month its $4420 out goings thats before every day outgoings this inc $40 fuel.

Just totted it up with a mate in Perth , 4 bedroom rented house , 1 car , family of 4 every month its $4420 out goings thats before every day outgoings this inc $40 fuel.

I'll have to reckon ours up, but I don't think that our outgoings toatl that much, we're a family of 4, kids 16 and 12 eat like adults so I have a big food bill lol. What were you including?

Guest guest17301

Those areas...you will have to spend a fair bit to get a decent rental. Get way more for your money further away from the City.

Those areas...you will have to spend a fair bit to get a decent rental. Get way more for your money further away from the City.

I believe so it's just such a big place we have no clue until we get there, we want to be close to night life & the city - we Think!!

Guest guest17301

Subi and East Perth are nice, I don't look at it from a younger persons perspective sorry! Leederville is good, train system great so can live out of Perth and still have fun! The beachside/close to city burbs are nice too, but the property is completely different to further out. best of luck with your search, its all good :)

I'll have to reckon ours up, but I don't think that our outgoings toatl that much, we're a family of 4, kids 16 and 12 eat like adults so I have a big food bill lol. What were you including?

gas

electric

tv/phone

mobile

food

fuel (car)

rent

what figure did u come to and what did you inc ?

a reasonable car would be $10,000 insurance $360 year so would reg

Have you ever been to Freemantle ? dont think there's any night life just a large harbour and a park, oh and a nice mc donalds on the beach .Me and the family are going to look around Port kennedy or even Rockingham .

Fremantle is the most lively place in perth :eek:if you think that is quiet wait till you see the rest of perths nightlife.

Try the Norfolk Hotel for a good drink and decent food.

Have you ever been to Freemantle ? dont think there's any night life just a large harbour and a park, oh and a nice mc donalds on the beach .Me and the family are going to look around Port kennedy or even Rockingham .

Fremantle is pretty good for a night out. We would spend a lot more time out there but live too far away. Loads of restaurants, pubs, live music, nice atmosphere. When we go we always feel like we've had a nice day out. Couple of great breweries, Little Creatures and the Sail and Anchor, both have a great selection of beers.

Archived