Visa 176 Obligation - To live and work in another state

Guest goldencoil

Guest Alibajwa
I'm starting to think no one actually knows on here- plenty of fiction but no fact!

If someone has actually done it would they raise there ugly head and admit to it- probably not due to backlash they would probably receive in here!

Come on some one must of done it- man up and tell us your story!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any one who has got citizenship who hadn't lived in particular nominated state? Any one?

I'm starting to think no one actually knows on here- plenty of fiction but no fact!

If someone has actually done it would they raise there ugly head and admit to it- probably not due to backlash they would probably receive in here!

Come on some one must of done it- man up and tell us your story!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have you searched through threads on the forum? I ask as there are any number on this subject been posted, some fairly recently.

I recall reading the odd thread/post about this in the past. Some people have done what you are asking and posted about it elsewhere.

Have you read this thread? Its worth a read all the way through.

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/128005-state-sponsorship-do-i-have-live-state.html

Chances are the people who might reply to you just haven't been around the last few days. There is no big conspiracy. Nor are they are too uncomfortable to post. So please stop trying to point fingers and make it something it isn't. Your question has been asked and answered on this forum at some point, just you are not happening to get the answers right now in this thread.

And I'll go the extra mile here, not because you've charmed me with your polite manner of posting but because I am trying to be helpful and get you your answer and this might knock things on the head.

http://www.pomsinadelaide.com/forum/adelaide-migration-issues/25455-there-way-you-can-live-sa-if-your-ss-wa.html

Hopefully something in that thread will be of use to you. It is recent, posted at the end of July this year.

On different forums, I always read that there is no legal obligation to live in that particular state who has sponsored u. People says that this is only moral obligation.

I don't belive on this.

Are Aussies are insane or stupid that they had left such a major loophole in migration process. For 176 visa, u need much less marks as compared to 175 (before 2011 july). Also thete are additional marks for state sponsorship. So there must b a point behind this less scoring criteria and additional marks for sponsorship.

If that opinion is true that there is no legal obligation in staying in that particular state, this means that states r themselves giving oppurtunities to less qualified people to apply and then they can move anywhere else in oz.

Moreover, I hvn't heard from any who got sponsorship from state A, lived in state B, anf then applied for citizenship. The point is whn u go for applying for citizenship, DiAC will definitely have all the record of u. May b while applying for citizenship, Diac asks the question that hv u filled the obligation to live in that particular state and u answe it with no, then there might b problem in getting sponsorship.

Also, if there is such a big loop hole in system, then people who had 475 regional visa can also work in cities and other states which is difinitely not the case.

Just a side note, ss is not an easier route for unskilled migrants, you need to be skilled AND in demand in that state. The reason they have a lower point requirement is because THEY NEED your skill and the reasons you are going to go there include you have a good chance of work if your skill is in demand, and you have a moral obligation. There will always be a small amount of people who apply without even the intention of going to their sponsored state, but the majority are probably not like this. I also don't think the states, or DIAC are stupid - they don't just give the visas away!

• 2 years later...

Archived