Sign in to follow this  
Guest MelissaC

Need opinions of Mt Martha!! May be moving there!! :)

Guest MelissaC

Hi all,

my hubby and I are thinking to move to mt martha as we would love a more relaxed lifestyle. We have a 2yr old daughter. We both would work for ourselves, him a finance consultant and I am a graphic designer artist.

Would anyone be able to tell us their honest opinions on:

-if we would find some good clientele up in mt Martha?

- good kinders / schools

- kids activites, classes

- good libraries, community centres

- good hospitals doctors etc.

- shopping for groceries and general

- are their concerns with living by the sea and around bushland in relation to high winds and fire?

Any other insights would be greatley appreciated!

Would love to make some great local friends from the area in the meantime.

much thanks,

Melissa

Mount Martha and Mornington are joined together and the divide is Bungower Road. There are large acreage type blocks, small blocks and blocks right up on top of Mount Martha with views right across the bay.

The beach side of the Nepean Highway is older and has older properties and some very expensive properties. A small shopping strip next to the beach. Could do shopping there. Although most people would go to Bentons Square shopping centre or into Mornington.

The nearest public hospital which is 24 hours a day is Frankston Hospital. There are lots of doctors around and all other medical services i e optometrists, dentists, physios etc. Private hospitals The Bays and Beleura. Plenty of vets around.

Have a look on realestate.com for housing and rentals and it will give you an idea of prices.

Plenty of schools private and public around however sure others who have their children at school will give you some insight into them.

Work for you and other half not really sure. Lots of people work from home on the Peninsula and I guess in both your areas it may be putting an ad in the paper or the local papers or having a web site. Think there are a lot of people who do graphic work around though.

Have a look at the Leader newspaper on line which will give you an idea in the ads section.

Petals

:ssign15:taking no prisoners :wink:

Guest itskaren
Hi all,

my hubby and I are thinking to move to mt martha as we would love a more relaxed lifestyle. We have a 2yr old daughter. We both would work for ourselves, him a finance consultant and I am a graphic designer artist.

Would anyone be able to tell us their honest opinions on:

-if we would find some good clientele up in mt Martha?

- good kinders / schools

- kids activites, classes

- good libraries, community centres

- good hospitals doctors etc.

- shopping for groceries and general

- are their concerns with living by the sea and around bushland in relation to high winds and fire?

Any other insights would be greatley appreciated!

Would love to make some great local friends from the area in the meantime.

much thanks,

Melissa

HI Melissa

'

This is my opinion and many disagree with me.

We lived there for 8 weeks and I hated every minute of it. Mornington is much better just the next surburb up.

When we moved to the Eastern Surburbs it was much better. Good luck :hug:

Guest MelissaC

Hello

Haha... We are now in the eastern suburbs! :)

thanks for your honesty.

I think if we are 90% decided to go we will stay up there for a couple weeks to get a better feel for it.

Have a great sunny day :)

Guest MelissaC

Hi petals

wow thanks that is all great info!!!

It's so hard when you just don't know anything about the area, you feel very much in the dark. You have given me alot to think about and look into.

Hope to cross roads agin with you. By the waay I love your (user?)name.

Have fun :)

Melissa

A lot of Brits live in Mornington and Mount Martha and if you look at some of the older posts in the Victoria Forum and Suburbs Forum you will find out who they are. They are a very friendly lot and they also hang out on the Britvics forum. So if you post there as well and ask any info they will help you as well.

As Karen has said its horses for courses and it depends whether you like to live near the sea, away from the big smoke etc. There are lots of wineries and places to go around the Peninsula in your spare time. Horse Riding, Soccer, Footie, Tennis, Cricket, Baseball. Lots of walks and places to ride bikes.

Petals

:ssign15:taking no prisoners :wink: