Sign in to follow this  
Guest Ellie84

Female 26, moving to Sydney!

Guest Ellie84

Hello everyone!

:)

I'm a 26 year old female Environmental Consultant and I'm going to be moving to Sydney (from Manchester) at the end of October.

I'm really, really excited about coming over but I don't know anyone in Sydney, and as I'm coming over by myself I thought I'd post a little message to try get to know a few people for when I get there!

I’m easy-going and I love reading, films, theatre, cooking (and eating!), arts and crafts, music, walking, having a good old chat over a glass of wine and loads of other things!

Any advice or friendship you could offer would be gratefully received, so please get in touch if I sound like your kind of gal (in a non ‘Lonely Hearts Column’ kind of way!)

Thanks for taking the time to read this and I hope to hear from you soon,

Ellie

Guest Ellie84

Hiya Paul,

Thank you so much for that message, was really nice of you! :)

I can't wait to get out there now! Its lokos like such an amazing place to live! If you ever take a trip to Syndey, get in touch!

Thanks again, Ellie.

For sure will do :)

Don't know whether you've ever flown into sydney before but if you can get a window seat for when you land there!!! you get an awesome view of the harbour bridge and opera house when you come into land, you need to be on the lefthand side of the plane as you face forward.

My Aussie pictures - https://instagram.com/paulbell5/

Guest Ellie84

Thanks for your insider knowledge Paul, I'll make sure to get a good seat!

Take care :)

Guest Skippy85

Hey Ellie!

Welcome to PIO, Im heading out to Newcastle, which is 2hrs north of sydney on the 18th of oct. Im 25yrs old and currently in Stoke. Similar to you, going out on my own which im really excited about but also scared! I had a proper moment yday, when I was at a friends in Leeds... ended up crying my eyes out on the M6 - never a good idea!

It will be great to meet up when we both get there, really looking forward to exploring oz as much as possible.

Helen

Guest drandy

Hi Ellie, hope it's not all too stressful at the moment. My partner and i moved out to sydney recently (mid august) from Manchester, Whalley Range to be precise! Good luck with everything and hope to see you around when you get here! We're both scientists, i'm working at the UNSW. That said although Matt is a self confessed geek we're both good fun guys!

One tip i'd give you is look into shipping stuff, things are quite expensive here, esp as you need to buy everything!!

take care

andy

Guest beckyl

Hey Ellie - I've been living in Australia for around six years now, but have been up in Brisbane the whole time. I just moved down to Sydney last week for a new job and know very few people!

I'm 24, so if you feel like a catch up of some sort when you arrive just let me know - I might actually know of some decent places to go to by then!

Hope you have a safe trip.

Guest ilovemelbourne

Hi Eliie

Welcome!

I live in Sydney, about 50mins out of the city.

If you want to grab a coffee one day, I'd love to meet you. I know its not easy when you don't know anyone.

I'm 28 by the way.

I've been in Oz for 7 yrs and Syd for about 3.5yrs.

Are you excited to get here? :)

Kelly