26 Female moving to Sydney October '10 looking to meet people!

Guest Ellie84

Hi I hope your move to Sydney is going well so far!! Im a 27 yr old teacher and will be arriving in January on my own. Im a bit nervous but looking forward to it too!! I love reading, shopping, wine, chats, movies baking and cooking. I would love to meet for a coffee when I arrive so hope we can arrange that!!x

Hello everyone!

:)

I'm a 26 year old female Environmental Consultant and I'm going to be moving to Sydney (from Manchester) at the end of October.

I'm really, really excited about coming over but I don't know anyone in Sydney, and as I'm coming over by myself I thought I'd post a little message to try get to know a few people for when I get there!

I’m easy-going and I love reading, films, theatre, cooking (and eating!), arts and crafts, music, walking, having a good old chat over a glass of wine and loads of other things!

Any advice or friendship you could offer would be gratefully received, so please get in touch if I sound like your kind of gal (in a non ‘Lonely Hearts Column’ kind of way!)

Thanks for taking the time to read this and I hope to hear from you soon,

Ellie

Hi Ellie, others

I am in the same boat, fresh off the boat from the UK and know about 4 people here. It's coming up to Dec and Jan so lots of outdoor Festivals are so if your keen lets do something maybe even as a group ? I think it is less awkward to say meet as a group at the Sydney Festival (http://www.sydneyfestival.org.au/2012/ (ok thats a long time away)) for a film night or a Sat morning Kayak Lesson (http://www.sydneyharbourkayaks.com.au/lessons_detail.asp?lessonid=2) but I have not many mates to go along with.

Thanks

Alex(ander)

Hey Alex

Hope you're settling here in Sydney, where abouts are you living? I've been here about 12 weeks now so pretty fresh off the boat too.

There seems to be loads going on in Sydney over the summer, the festival and the kayaking look like great fun. I'd definitely be up for giving them a go!

Emma

Hi Emma

I am OK but at 32 and single man here on my own it has been tough.

I am living on the lower north in Cremorne point. It has nice views, it is very easy to get to work in the city and most of Sydney but very dull otherwise. This and next weekend I am away seeing friends in Melbourne and Adelaide but my evenings free.

Also I don't know if you have / if it is your thing but I went along to a meet-up from http://britishexpats.com last night, had a few beers, a chit-chat and enjoyed myself.

Thanks

Alexander

Hi Alex

I think the first few months in any new town or city are tough, especially when you don't know anyone. I've been lucky in that my sister has been here for a few years and an old friend from uni lives around the corner so I've had a couple of people to rely on but am trying to get out and meet some new people. I've met some great people on here too!

I'm living in the eastern suburbs and would highly recommend it. We're close to the beach and the CBD and there's always plenty going on around here any night of the week.

When do the meet-ups from britishexpats.com happen, it'd be great to go along to something like that. I'm free on Friday if you fancy going for a couple of drinks?

Emma

Hey Alex

Unfortunately I have plans to go to the cinema with some work colleagues this Thursday so won't be able to come along this time, would be keen to go another time though.

Let me know when's good for you for a few drinks. How about the weekend after next if you're away this weekend, would the Sunday be any good for you?

Enjoy Melbourne!

Emma

• 2 weeks later...

hi ladies... i have been in sydney for over a year. I am married 2 a aussie, and here on a partner visa, i have friends but only girls from work. I am 24, and i love socializing. Have you guys all met up yet?

Hey

There's quite a few of us meeting up on Saturday in paddington if you fancy it? Check out the Sydney social thread on here for more info. Everyone welcome!

Emma

• 1 year later...

Hi there everybody,

I am Francisco, 29 year old guy from Perú. I studied Law but worked in the business area of 3 companies, and now its time for me to complement my studies with an MBA, and I got in to Macquarie Graduate School of Business at Sydney. The program starts the 1st of april 2013, but I am moving to OZ on the last week of february. Eventhough the Uni is a bit far from the beach, I am arriving to Manly Beach, being that I have a couple of friends living there. Afterwards, I will be looking for a flatmate in Manly (and make the hour trip to the University :S, but still wanna live by the beach).

I have contradictory feelings about going, my program lasts 15 months +/-, I am really really excited on going there and I logicly know I will have the best year of my life, BUT, I am really attached to my family, friends, and lifestyle in Lima, Perú, and to be honest with you guys, I am feeling really heartbroken about it...

How did it go in the end for you guys?

Archived