You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

hellsbells712

The Wesley HospitaL BRISBANE

Anyone out there who is working, has worked or know anything about The Wesley hospital ?????? iS IT A NICE PLACE TO WORK ????

Helen (Business Owner/Nurse) Neil, Connor 10,Natasha 8. Visa granted 15/03/2011, moved and settled Gold Coast, QLD 05/04/2011. Living the dream- Lady Helen of Helensvale:laugh:

Guest annieandjake

hells bells did you find out about hospital? are you working there?

Hi ya, afraid not. I ended up working at Greenslopes for Ramsay, stayed 3 weeks, that was last May. Hated it, but that was partly due to shift work which I hadn't done for 10 years. Been working for the Red Cross Blood service at a blood donor centre since last July and love it. Regular hours.

So sorry I can't give you any info. Do you have a job offer there. I was looking for Urology work cos that my background and I do miss it from time to time, but happy where I am for now I suppose.

Been here just over a year now, living on the Gold Coast and we absolutely love it. Have just bought our own house, so feeling very settled.

Someone might come along and let you know about The Wesley. Good luck. x

Helen (Business Owner/Nurse) Neil, Connor 10,Natasha 8. Visa granted 15/03/2011, moved and settled Gold Coast, QLD 05/04/2011. Living the dream- Lady Helen of Helensvale:laugh:

Hi Helen

Thats great you found a job you enjoy. I have stopped shift work too gone into research although I feel it is unlikely I will get a position in research in Australia and will have to go back to shift work i wouldnt mind for the first couple of years.

I am just about to send my AHPRA, I was wondering what what your experiences, views on nurse sponsorship through RAMSEY? I am in two minds don't know to go for independent visa or sponsorship, feel it would be cheaper and quicker to get sponsored do you know if this is true?.

Also our family are thinking of the Gold COast where about are you? do you have children, we were looking at upper coomera but have been put off that area because of the bad comments about the high school. Sooooooooooooo many decisions to make but don't know what to do for the best. It would be great to here your experience of the move and any advice you can share would be fantastic.

Thank you in advance

Also my partner is self employed bathroom fitter/ tiller looking to do tiling over there but will try his hand at anything do you know how the work situation is going in OZ its quiet poor here alot of unemployment.

Adlyn

Hi Hells bells

Sorry I should of replied to you first, I worked in the Wesley in 2003 through a agency only went there a couple of times but what I remember it was a nice hospital with quiet a few Brittish nurses there, sociable too as it was fairly small. hope that helps

Are they offering you sponsorship? It would be great to hear your experience so far and any hints and tip s would be great. Are you there, where are thinking of living in Brisbane?

Good Luck

Adlyn