Time-scales

Guest DavidJarvis27

Guest DavidJarvis27

hi just after a bit of advise,

I have been looking into emigrating to OZ for a while now as my partner has family in Perth and I am at university studying quanity surveying and there are many more jobs in OZ than in the UK in the construction industry at the moment. After speaking to various people as I will have little exp my best bet would be to obtain a 12 month working holiday visa with my OH. However as I plan on emigrating for life rather than for just 12 months I would like to know would I be able to play for permanent residency whilst I am on the 12 month visa, and not have to move back to the UK. Any help would be very very very appreciated.

Thanks

Guest Midlanders

Hi

I'm no authority in this area, but I think if you go on a holiday working holiday visa you can only stay in employment for a max of a 6th month period for each employer and I think you there is something about applying for a 2nd year but you have to do something rural.

Dont quote me on this, but I'm sure other members may be able to shed more light in this area for you.

If you can find an employer to sponsor you or even get 2 years actual work based experience then you have other options that may get you the PR your'e after.

Best of luck

Judy & Darren

Guest paulacross14

Hi,

The working holiday visa will only allow you to work for one employer for 6 months and then you would need to find another employer. To qualify for a second working holiday visa you would need to undertake 3 months of work in agriculture/rural employment such as fruit picking.

If one of the employers you work for is able to offer sponsorship then this would be your best bet and you would be able to get a bridging visa if the WHV was to expire whilst waiting for the sponsorship visa to come through.

Hope this helps

Paula

Archived