register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Sammy77

skills assessment help - health and safety

Hi

Following an advert regarding seminars happening in Manchester regarding living and working in Victoria, I emailled them explaining what my career background was including that I was an assistant and they phoned me explaining that I should look on the SOL, well I've looked can only find an health and safety adviser on the list, I'm not sure but I may have the qualifications for this and health and safety experience but not management experience. Can any one help as to whether I would have a chance with this path.

Sorry if bit garbled

Thanks

Lisa

The Whethams

Lisa (39), John (38), Bradley (15), Lewis (13), Kyle (10), Leo (23 months)

Wanting the Good Life :v_SPIN:

Hi

Following an advert regarding seminars happening in Manchester regarding living and working in Victoria, I emailled them explaining what my career background was including that I was an assistant and they phoned me explaining that I should look on the SOL, well I've looked can only find an health and safety adviser on the list, I'm not sure but I may have the qualifications for this and health and safety experience but not management experience. Can any one help as to whether I would have a chance with this path.

Sorry if bit garbled

Thanks

Lisa

I suggest you consult a registered migration agent for a professional assessment of your prospects.

Westly Russell Registered Migration Agent 0316072 www.pinoyau.com

Hey,

If you think that's the closest match to your occupation on the SOL then the next step is to work out if the assessing body agrees. I'm guessing you found "251312 Occupational Health and Safety Adviser"? The assessing body is Vetasssess.

Check their website for what criteria they want for you to qualify for that application. I'm not familiar with that occupation, but you'll have to align your skills, experience and qualifications with their criteria.

ENS 121 submitted 22/04/2010, approved 04/10/2010.

thanks a lot for your replies, will look at both

:wubclub: Lisa

The Whethams

Hi again

Just a quickie, where the agents offer the initial free phone call/consultation,will they be able to tell me then whether I can take that route or will I have to sign up with them before they tell me whether I have a chance

Thanks again

Lisa x

The Whethams

Guest Markh

If you are going for assessment with vetassess they require you to have a degree otherwise they will say you do not reach the criteria.

Occupational health and safety is assessed by Australian insitute of management who will assess candidates to different levels.

but if you have nebosh cert you could go as ohs co-ordinator,manager or adviser

Guest Guest31881
Hi again

Just a quickie, where the agents offer the initial free phone call/consultation,will they be able to tell me then whether I can take that route or will I have to sign up with them before they tell me whether I have a chance

Thanks again

Lisa x

The agent will tell you the best route to follow to get your Visa, its no good them asking you to sign up and then tell you a visa is not possible. I would reccomend you contact one of the agents who help out on here.