Really Need some Info

Guest sanks

Hi all, With the new changes that have come into effect and all the stuff going on with the election does anyone have a rough estimate when my visa could be granted? I applied for a 175 Skilled migration as a 1st class welder in May last year. I have had no contact from the departed and no word from a Case officer. Is this normal and am I panicking? Should I have heard something by now? and when should a case officer get involved? I know Welder is on the news skills list but I think I am processing level 3 does that mean that all employer sponsorship visa and state sponsorship that apply now go ahead of me even though I have already waited a year? As you can see from this me and my wife are pretty confused!!!!!!

We would be extremely grateful for any info.

Thanks all

Sanks

Guest Midlanders

Hi

We lodged our 175 in June last year and then applied for SS with WA due to the changes last year, which we received at the beginning of this year so then changed to 176 visa. (also on new SOl wanted list)

So most peeps are in cat 3 until the smps come out supp this month.......so dont worry your situation is being lived by thousands of other people too and most have no c/o either.

I understand DIAC after speaking to them are still working on 08 applications

Hope this helps

Judy & Darren

Guest Midlanders

Hi Sanks

No probs for the info.. spoke to the diac and our agent and both say everyone will know more once these smp's come out. Until then the big queue it is!!!!!

Hopefully both our trades will be on the state we want to go to.

Judy & Darren

Guest Gollywobbler
Hi all, With the new changes that have come into effect and all the stuff going on with the election does anyone have a rough estimate when my visa could be granted? I applied for a 175 Skilled migration as a 1st class welder in May last year. I have had no contact from the departed and no word from a Case officer. Is this normal and am I panicking? Should I have heard something by now? and when should a case officer get involved? I know Welder is on the news skills list but I think I am processing level 3 does that mean that all employer sponsorship visa and state sponsorship that apply now go ahead of me even though I have already waited a year? As you can see from this me and my wife are pretty confused!!!!!!

We would be extremely grateful for any info.

Thanks all

Sanks

Hi Sanks

Welcome to Poms in Oz.

Were you expecting to hear anything from the Other Side? :wink:

An application for a sc 175 visa is likely to take at least 3 years since the date when you submitted your visa application.

What you need is State Sponsorship, pronto, and then switch the current application into being an application for a sc 176 visa. There is no extra charge for making this switch and no extra forms to fill in. "Subclass" implies that there is a Class kicking about somewhere. There is. The sc 175 and 176 visas are both in Class VE, which is why it is possible to chop and change between them.

You will need to wait for the State Migration Plans to be published, hopefully round the beginning of October and then get Sponsorship from one of the States as soon as you can. If you get SMP sponsorship then your application will move up to Category 2 and should be processed pretty promptly thereafter.

The State sponsorship websites can all be accessed via the link below:

State and Territory Migration Sites - australia.gov.au

Cheers

Gill

Archived