Arrived and hit the ground running....!!!

terry & Melanie

Hi all got the electricity connected today, but not before I threatened to take my business elsewhere, they phoned at half 2 and siad they couldnt do it today so i stamped my feet and threw my toys out of the pram, an hour later the guy turned up and....hey presto we have power....feels like the lap of luxury...just need something to sit on now!!!!:laugh:

Terry's second interview seemed to go well so we will just have to wait and see if he is shortlisted xxxxx fingers crossed!!!!

(B1ker) It took us just over a week to secure the rental and 10 days and we had they keys!!!!! Must be a record. I have to say tho....I did heeps of research from the UK into areas and thought that we would love Bayside.....just had a look around when we got here to confirm that we loved it and then blasted the rental market !!!! We had 4 days of intense house hunting and dragging the kids with us...it was knackering but well worth it! And would you believe it was one of the first we looked at...the only comprimise with it is that it doesnt have a pool, but all the neighbours have them....they tell us the cheapest pool is a neighbours pool!!!!:biggrin:

Looking at schools tomorrow...kids excited, but don't want to go back until after the september hols.

Melanie x

Hi Guys.

We have been here for 11 days and our feet havnt touched the ground!!!!

The flight was great (would defo recomend Singapore!!) and the kids were absolute stars...all the games, ipods, books, colouring equiptments etc etc wasnt touched!!! they watched one film after another. I think they were TV starved...we had been staying at a rental of my parents for the last 3 weeks in the UK and they didnt have a tellie:laugh:The flight went suprisingly quickly, although I didnt sleep a wink...at one point I got up to go to the loo and returned to my seat to find Ruairi flat out asleep across my seat and his...I stood in the isle for 2 hours!!!!

The jetlag has been a killer and took me a day or two to get into the swing of things.

I wasnt prepared for the swing of emotions I would feel on arrival, but we are settling in now. Its helped being with family. They were complete strangers when we arrived but they have been great. All the family have been so hospitable and made the transition much easier. Nonetheless we felt that we needed to get a rental sorted ASAP. We are quite cramped where we are and Terry's aunt and uncle are in their 70's and must feel like they have been invaded.

All last week we spent searching for rentals and picked up the keys this morning for our first Aussie home!!!!! Its a stunning house in Cleveland. I had done loads of research into areas before leaving the UK and thought that the Bayside area was where I wanted to be and for sure it didnt disapoint!!!! Anyway our container doesnt arrive in brisbane until 16th and then it has to clear quarentine so we have begged, borrowed and scrounged most things and are going shopping for the rest to see us through tomorrow!!!We move in on Monday when we can get the electricity turned on.

Anyway I will have to do this in installments so not to bore you all...so until next time...TTFN.xxxxxx

Hi,hopefully my family and i will be joining you at the end of the year in Cleveland.Sold the house started to pack,listening to the rain bouncing outside!Hope you`ll tell us about your experiences and share any helpful tips.Angela

Hi all got the electricity connected today, but not before I threatened to take my business elsewhere, they phoned at half 2 and siad they couldnt do it today so i stamped my feet and threw my toys out of the pram, an hour later the guy turned up and....hey presto we have power....feels like the lap of luxury...just need something to sit on now!!!!:laugh:

Terry's second interview seemed to go well so we will just have to wait and see if he is shortlisted xxxxx fingers crossed!!!!

(B1ker) It took us just over a week to secure the rental and 10 days and we had they keys!!!!! Must be a record. I have to say tho....I did heeps of research from the UK into areas and thought that we would love Bayside.....just had a look around when we got here to confirm that we loved it and then blasted the rental market !!!! We had 4 days of intense house hunting and dragging the kids with us...it was knackering but well worth it! And would you believe it was one of the first we looked at...the only comprimise with it is that it doesnt have a pool, but all the neighbours have them....they tell us the cheapest pool is a neighbours pool!!!!:biggrin:

Looking at schools tomorrow...kids excited, but don't want to go back until after the september hols.

Melanie x

That's great Melanie! :wink: Guess it must be a record cause on PIO they have always said one needs 3 to 4 weeks to find long term rent.

We have also done lots of research and hoping to find one in 2 weeks!

Hehe, I have heard that many ppl in QLD are laid back and I guess the electricity guy is one of them? :biglaugh:

Cheers

B!K3R

Guest gizzmo888

Hi Mel

Welcome to Cleveland - we got here in May and love it - everybody is so friendly and the school is great.

Have you spotted any wild koalas in the park yet - they are so cute.

Sounds like your settling in and embracing Aussie life - it was the best decision we made!

Good luck wit Hubby getting the job.

if you need any help just shout.

Carol:laugh:

Guest The Ropey HOFF

I like that and it could be a top PIO slogan.

The cheapest pool is a neighbours pool.

I will try to remember this.

All the best

Archived