Arrived and hit the ground running....!!!

terry & Melanie

Hi Guys.

We have been here for 11 days and our feet havnt touched the ground!!!!

The flight was great (would defo recomend Singapore!!) and the kids were absolute stars...all the games, ipods, books, colouring equiptments etc etc wasnt touched!!! they watched one film after another. I think they were TV starved...we had been staying at a rental of my parents for the last 3 weeks in the UK and they didnt have a tellie:laugh:The flight went suprisingly quickly, although I didnt sleep a wink...at one point I got up to go to the loo and returned to my seat to find Ruairi flat out asleep across my seat and his...I stood in the isle for 2 hours!!!!

The jetlag has been a killer and took me a day or two to get into the swing of things.

I wasnt prepared for the swing of emotions I would feel on arrival, but we are settling in now. Its helped being with family. They were complete strangers when we arrived but they have been great. All the family have been so hospitable and made the transition much easier. Nonetheless we felt that we needed to get a rental sorted ASAP. We are quite cramped where we are and Terry's aunt and uncle are in their 70's and must feel like they have been invaded.

All last week we spent searching for rentals and picked up the keys this morning for our first Aussie home!!!!! Its a stunning house in Cleveland. I had done loads of research into areas before leaving the UK and thought that the Bayside area was where I wanted to be and for sure it didnt disapoint!!!! Anyway our container doesnt arrive in brisbane until 16th and then it has to clear quarentine so we have begged, borrowed and scrounged most things and are going shopping for the rest to see us through tomorrow!!!We move in on Monday when we can get the electricity turned on.

Anyway I will have to do this in installments so not to bore you all...so until next time...TTFN.xxxxxx

Guest dolphindiva
Hi Guys.

The flight was great (would defo recomend Singapore!!) and the kids were absolute stars...all the games, ipods, books, colouring equiptments etc etc wasnt touched!!! they watched one film after another. I think they were TV starved...we had been staying at a rental of my parents for the last 3 weeks in the UK and they didnt have a tellie:laugh:The flight went suprisingly quickly, although I didnt sleep a wink...at one point I got up to go to the loo and returned to my seat to find Ruairi flat out asleep across my seat and his...I stood in the isle for 2 hours!!!!

The jetlag has been a killer and took me a day or two to get into the swing of things.

I wasnt prepared for the swing of emotions I would feel on arrival, but we are settling in now. Its helped being with family. They were complete strangers when we arrived but they have been great. All the family have been so hospitable and made the transition much easier. Nonetheless we felt that we needed to get a rental sorted ASAP. We are quite cramped where we are and Terry's aunt and uncle are in their 70's and must feel like they have been invaded.

All last week we spent searching for rentals and picked up the keys this morning for our first Aussie home!!!!! Its a stunning house in Cleveland. I had done loads of research into areas before leaving the UK and thought that the Bayside area was where I wanted to be and for sure it didnt disapoint!!!! Anyway our container doesnt arrive in brisbane until 16th and then it has to clear quarentine so we have begged, borrowed and scrounged most things and are going shopping for the rest to see us through tomorrow!!!We move in on Monday when we can get the electricity turned on.

Anyway I will have to do this in installments so not to bore you all...so until next time...TTFN.xxxxxx

glad things are going so well for you cleveland is lovely we're just down the road at wellington point look forward to your next instalment

em

Guest terraformer

Great to hear that its all going so well for you. Good luck with your new home and look forward to hearing more of your adventures.

Hi Guys.

Thats fantastic i am absolutly delighted for you, look forward to your next post :yes::wubclub:

Hi Melanie, so glad the flight went well and you have found somewhere to live.. if there is anything I

can help you with just shout. I have spare iron, ironing board, kettle, toaster and some kitchen stuff like knives, cups, etc. We are in wynnum which is not tooooo far from you lol..

Lynne x

"Hit the ground running" is a brilliant expression for this experience. Well done on getting it all underway, its fantastic isnt it? 9 weeks in and we are at the point now where we are no longer running but now settling and you wont be dissapointed, we too went with Singapore they are great. Good luck with the rest and most of all enjoy x:jiggy:

Guest maidbabes

Congratulations and welcome !

PM me and we can meet up,we are in Cleveland -Oyster point,may be near to you.

Let me know if you need anything xxx

Hi Guys.

Hiya

It's great to hear that things have gne so well for you so far! I hope all went well moving in today.

I look forwards to reading your next installment!

Love

Rudi

x

Well, we moved into our new home.....on the way there Terry got a call from the job agency to say he had an interview this arvo!!! So I was left to unpack and wait in for the electricity guy to come and connect us

They didnt turn up...but Terry got a second interview tomorrow!!!!!

All the neighbours rallied round and got us a cable connected from one of their homes into ours and brought us lamps so we have light!!!

The kids have made friends with the whole neighbourhood!!!!

Melanie x

Well, we moved into our new home.....on the way there Terry got a call from the job agency to say he had an interview this arvo!!! So I was left to unpack and wait in for the electricity guy to come and connect us

All the neighbours rallied round and got us a cable connected from one of their homes into ours and brought us lamps so we have light!!!

Melanie x

Awww - really fab stuff!! Great to hear - and will have everything crossed for tomorrow for Terry! :wink:

Melanie x

We are so happy you guys arrived safe and sound and are settling down nicely!!! I can really see your positive attitude (towards the little hiccups!) and that makes a difference! :wink:

Hehehe, its so nice to hear that the neighbors are so nice and kids making friends!

It seems that you guys found long term rent quite quickly! How long did it take you?

We will soon be following you :biggrin: ....and GOOD LUCK for hubbies work!! :smile:

Cheers

B!K3R

Hi Melanie

Well, it sounds like you are well and truly settling in there! Borrowing the neighbours electric too... how nice is that!

I hope Terry gets the job, good luck and look forward to your next installment!

Best wishes

Tasha :wubclub:

p.s when does the cat arrive?

wow, job interview so quick and a second today it all sounds very promising. It sounds like you have some great neighbours it makes settling in so much easier. I had to have a little giggle about the electricity guys not turning up, there does seem to be a bit of the spanish 'manyana' (not sure of the spelling there) attitude here. Hope you get it sorted today. Our pool guy took away the creepy crawly to fix and said he would bring it back that afternoon, we waited 4 weeks and then had to jump up and down and stamp our feet in the estate agents to get anything done.. he brought it back last friday and said he'd be back Monday (yesterday) to do the chemical check and bring some extra parts..... we are still waiting for him lol.... still it all adds to the charm of living here.

I'm so pleased the children have make friends, it must take a huge weight off your mind, I think if the kids are happy then so are the parents. Good luck with the job interview and please let us all know how it goes. Happy unpacking.

Lynne

Archived