donlou

176/175 visa - Not married

Good day all,

Has anyone applied for a 176 or 175 visa who isn't married? It seems I have to provide evidence that my partner and I are in a relationship - we have a daughter, mortgage, joint will etc so obviously I will send copies of the documents relating to these. Is there anything else i should be sending? Any advice greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Applied 176 visa (family sponsored) 09 Sept 10/ DIAC email received 18 Mar 11/ Meds finalised 15 Apr 11/ Police Cert 30 Apr 11/ VISA GRANTED 17 MAY 2011 :biggrin:

Guest VickyMel

Hi Donlou

I'm on a 176 and we are not married. There is a booklet on the immigration site about spousal visas. Whilst it is not applicable to the skilled visas there is a section in there about proving you are in an appropriate relationship. I went through the list of things that they stated and provided evidence (or explained why when I couldn't) towards showing our relationship. We also provided a statement of our relationship...

Take a look for booklets on the immi site.

Goodluck

VickyMel

Guest JK2510

Hi,

we went through the same situation back in 2008 so I'll blow the cobwebs out of my mind!!

We had to supply to stat declarations written by my best friend and OHs best friend stating how long we had been together etc... We had to write a statement about our relationship,where and how we met,any memorable moments. It was cringeworthy stuff!! We gave our agent council tax bills,soilicter letters from house buy. Water rate bill. These were dated over the previous 5years we had been together. Our agent did suggest adding photos! I thought that was a stupid idea as they could if been taken the day before.

I hope this helps.

Guest VickyMel

He he Jodie

We included photos - it was pretty corny at times - I'm sure DIAC must get a great laugh out of some of them!

The photos showed us together in a variety of places and with our respective families.

We also got statements from friends family and a neighbour saying that they considered us a couple. If your witness is in Oz there is a specific statement they should use but it is only valid in Oz and we used a variant on it.

Vickymel

Thanks for your help - VickyMel when you said you wrote statements and your friends, family etc did also were these statutory declarations as in the fact you had them witnesed by a solicitor?

Applied 176 visa (family sponsored) 09 Sept 10/ DIAC email received 18 Mar 11/ Meds finalised 15 Apr 11/ Police Cert 30 Apr 11/ VISA GRANTED 17 MAY 2011 :biggrin:

Guest agnes
Good day all,

Has anyone applied for a 176 or 175 visa who isn't married? It seems I have to provide evidence that my partner and I are in a relationship - we have a daughter, mortgage, joint will etc so obviously I will send copies of the documents relating to these. Is there anything else i should be sending? Any advice greatly appreciated. Thanks.

HI Don Lou

Our documents for non-married visa has shown met, have a son and photo just submit to them, anyway when allocated with CO, still they ask for your marriage cert. If not yet marry by then just inform them that you still in defacto.

Hope it helps.

Guest VickyMel
Thanks for your help - VickyMel when you said you wrote statements and your friends, family etc did also were these statutory declarations as in the fact you had them witnesed by a solicitor?

I would double check on this as I have not got my visa yet and who knows I may not have done it correctly. When we were looking into it it appeared that the stat declaration only held true for Oz anyway and several people seemed to be saying that a UK stat declaration may not be recognised as a legal document in Oz anyway. What we did was to get those people who could easily get their declaration witnessed by a commissioner of oaths type person to do so. A couple of people were not very mobile and we just got them to write and sign as we did not want to put them to any trouble.

But as I say - double check - hopefully someone else will come along and confirm.

VickyMel

Guest JK2510

We were advised by our agent on our whole visa process. They gave us step by step instructions. Our stat decs,bills and letters dated over 5yrs. It all had to be signed off by soliciter.

S*** if they want proof were living together come and see my OHs grey hair!!!

Guest VickyMel
We were advised by our agent on our whole visa process. They gave us step by step instructions. Our stat decs,bills and letters dated over 5yrs. It all had to be signed off by soliciter.

S*** if they want proof were living together come and see my OHs grey hair!!!

Ahhh that's the reason I have grey hairs - my OH!

I think DIAC will have such a laugh at our photos that hopefully they will take pity on us!