register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Guest splashy

How long must i wait

Guest splashy

Hello all, i am new to all this so please bare with me and be patient.

My 176 skilled migrant visa application was lodged on the 02.04.10, i also have WA state sponsorship.

Does anyone know roughly how long it will be before i get a case officer assigned to me. I track the application and it tells me that all has been received but the meds checks are outstanding, i was told that i must wait for a case officer to request the med checks from me and not just to go ahead and get them done, do you know if this is correct and if so how long does it usually take to get a case officer assigned to my application.

hope to hear from someone soon

thanks a lot Dave

Hi Dave

Is your occupation on the new SOL Schedule 3? If so DIAC have advised that visa will be granted by end December 2011 and you will be priority 3. If your occupation is not on Schedule 3 then you are priority 4 and in for a long wait, they haven't given a time-line for Priority 4.

However, when the SMP's come out (state migration plans) as you have been sponsored by WA, let's hope your occupation is on the SMP then you will move to Priority 2 and I think DIAC have said that Priority 2 will be processed 12 months from date of lodgement.

The ASPC (Adelaide Skilled Processing Centre) who process online apps are currently dealing with the huge backlog and are assigning CO's (case officers) to those apps lodged Feb 2008 - April 2008 at the moment.

We lodged our app 07.05.10 so are a month behind you.

Good luck

Claire

Pete, Claire, Jaime & Maisie

Sorry forgot to say, DIAC advise not going ahead and getting meds and police checks done until you are assigned a case officer as they do expire however some people do take the risk and get them done but it is a risk if they expire before you get a case officer and you have to pay again.

We are waiting til we get the case officer as I am currently pregnant and am waiting til our new baby arrives so we can get them done in one go.

If you are now on the new SOL schedule 3 why don't you join this thread for Cat 3 / Priority 3 people. Everyone has their time-lines so you can see progress of co's being assigned / visa's being granted and other general updates.

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/91482-new-category-3s-where-you-now.html

ta

Claire

Pete, Claire, Jaime & Maisie

Guest splashy
Sorry forgot to say, DIAC advise not going ahead and getting meds and police checks done until you are assigned a case officer as they do expire however some people do take the risk and get them done but it is a risk if they expire before you get a case officer and you have to pay again.

We are waiting til we get the case officer as I am currently pregnant and am waiting til our new baby arrives so we can get them done in one go.

If you are now on the new SOL schedule 3 why don't you join this thread for Cat 3 / Priority 3 people. Everyone has their time-lines so you can see progress of co's being assigned / visa's being granted and other general updates.

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/91482-new-category-3s-where-you-now.html

ta

Claire

Thankyou so much for your reply

I believe i am on the new SOL list as painting trades worker, which is basically a painter and decorator which i have my aussie qulification of a master builders AQFIII.

So i will take a look at the link you gave me.

many thanks and good luck. Dave

Dear Splashy

Welcome to PIO :smile:

I run a thread called "Category 3s - where are you now?".

If you would like to join the thread please let me have your info here:

Regards

Connie

Lodged 175 - 11 Dec 08, App SS WA - May 09, Granted 19/8/09, Frontloaded med and PC-July 09, redone August 2010......VISA GRANTED 10/12/2010 :jiggy:

Guest Midlanders

Hi Splashy

The question you've asked is the 24 million dollar question!!!

We lodged in June 09 with SS for WA OH is a Carpenter... & we have not heard a thing. There are also many members in the same situation as us, who also have also no CO from end of 08 and the whole of 09

Welcome to the queue !!!

Judy